Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Decided not to re-run any of the TdZ stages today as I'd done them all once in a healthy state. I went for distance/time instead, riding 25 laps of the Volcano which equates to 104km. I actually stayed on for a few more km to take my time over 3 hours :sweat: A smidge tired now, but that burnt about 2000 calories so a good session.

I need to sleep now :B)

I got bored after 5 laps of the volcano.....well done for doing 20 more!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I got bored after 5 laps of the volcano.....well done for doing 20 more!
It's a challenge for sure. I find getting into a group, or riding with others, helps control the boredom. It's one of the zwift challenges, and i like a challenge :biggrin:

Perky77

Managed to do stage 5 (short b one) this evening to complete TdZ. Had a first this evening - rear derailer cable snapped as pushing after first sharp incline part way up the first of the three climbs at the end of the Richmond lap. Luckily I did the short route and it happened on the second lap. Two gears only by changing the front ring led to some very uncomfortable pushing to get up and over the climbs

Thanks for sorting the league guys, really enjoyed the 9 social easy rides :okay:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
In the end I bought a complete bike from 2018, for as cheap, well nearly as a bare frame. I'll remove less specc'd brakes and levers convert to hydro brakes with Alfine 8 flat bar. the frame has horizontal dropouts :smile:

peterob

Veteran
Re-run Stage 2 :heat: Despite some PB's up the climbs, there weren't enough riders on course to form a fast pack between the bigger climbs, so despite improving 4 mins, it hasn't change my overall position. My consolation I came 6th out of 29 A starters. :smile:
Well done Andy. Looks a good result in a small field.

There's been a few rides since the last update. I'll update the table later and post the final table tomorrow after any rides this evening/overnight ^_^

JuhaL

Guru
Re-run Stage 2 :heat: Despite some PB's up the climbs, there weren't enough riders on course to form a fast pack between the bigger climbs, so despite improving 4 mins, it hasn't change my overall position. My consolation I came 6th out of 29 A starters. :smile:
I noticed your time too, well ride. Everything Bagel is very exhausting stage especially these catch up days when there is less riders. Reflecting that your time is actually excellent :becool:

Norry1

Legendary Member

Likewise I did Stage 2 (A) yesterday as well. You beat me by 17 seconds :smile: Like you, I found the lack of riders a big impediment to a fast time. Not sure if I'll do another catch up today as I should really have a rest/recovery day today.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well done Andy. Looks a good result in a small field.

There's been a few rides since the last update. I'll update the table later and post the final table tomorrow after any rides this evening/overnight ^_^

I noticed your time too, well ride. Everything Bagel is very exhausting stage especially these catch up days when there is less riders. Reflecting that your time is actually excellent :becool:

Likewise I did Stage 2 (A) yesterday as well. You beat me by 17 seconds :smile: Like you, I found the lack of riders a big impediment to a fast time. Not sure if I'll do another catch up today as I should really have a rest/recovery day today.

Cheers chaps:hello:

Its been an excellent series of races with some great competition, very much like the old Bkool days. :okay: Again thanks Pete for listings of results, much appreciated.

Im now onto diet and build phase before hopefully going back to Tenerife for a mountain climbing refresher in March

Whorty

Same here, no more catch ups. May turn the legs over for 1/2 hour later but nothing strenuous. Rest tomorrow then crack on again Wednesday. May even do an FTP in the next week or 2 to see where I am now :okay:

Whorty

Im now onto diet and build phase before hopefully going back to Tenerife for a mountain climbing refresher in March

You need to do both, as I have you in my sights :gun: I wasn't too far behind you on some of the stages so once my weight comes off, and (hopefully) power goes up I'll be right on your wheel :biggrin: (maybe :tongue: ). No pressure :rofl:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Who's up for one of the ZHR Hare & Hounds races this week? It's the Greater London Flat route (41km), and there's plenty of opportunities to do it at different time slots on Wednesday and Thursday.

Wed 6th: (UK times) 10.35; 17.30; 19.35
Thurs 7th: (UK times) 18.00

Post your results here - both handicapped time, which is what shows on ZP, and actual time (ZP time minus the handicap for your category), and we can potentially make it the start of some kind of league?

Monte

Über Member
Who's up for one of the ZHR Hare & Hounds races this week? It's the Greater London Flat route (41km), and there's plenty of opportunities to do it at different time slots on Wednesday and Thursday.

Post your results here - both handicapped time, which is what shows on ZP, and actual time (ZP time minus the handicap for your category), and we can potentially make it the start of some kind of league?

Thursday's are a good night for me...

Brusgaard

Über Guru

Thursday is BKOOL night, but Wednesday 17.30 would be fine for me. 19.35 (20.35 in Denmark) is a bit too late on a weeknight.

Last edited:
Top Bottom