Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well something I've just inadvertently found out is that the Neo works fine on Zwift even when unplugged - ant+ connected no problem and watts were accurate. Only thing it didn't do was the powered freewheeling (obviously!) This may well be common knowledge but it came as a surprise to me because the Bkool definitely wouldn't work if not powered

Yes the Neo can provide its own power to power Bluetooth and Ant+ but will not do the powered downhill

You can use it for a pre race warm up out side with no power

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
STAGE 9

We're back in New York City for the final stage of the Tour de Zwift. The rolling Park Perimeter Loop takes you through Central Park. It's up and down but no major climbs. You did it Zwifters, congratulations!
A course more suited to me :biggrin: A couple of punchy lumps, but nothing that will kill me :wahhey:

Signed up for 6pm on Tuesday if anyone fancies joining me. If enough of us could be worth trying out discord.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Not too Shabby for a flabby 1.08.09 Went quite hard first lap, lungs were burning with discomfort, settled down, but stayed with my pack so to get benefit of speed. I knew 2nd and third climbs were going to be much tougher. Last lap climb I set a cadence and run as high a HR I could without popping and let the Watts do their own thing.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well done Andy, I died on the third climb, but struggled most of the ride. Yesterday's ride was not a good warm up. I don't regret it as this little league is just a bit of fun. I crossed the line 1:08:28 zwift power has me at 1:08:57, some 46 seconds behind you.

Cheers Paul, i was expecting to see you pass me on the first climb, I started quite hard and very near the front for the first few miles. Yesterdays ride took your spark away today, you would easily beat me on that course normally.

I was 45secs ahead at the base of Boxhill1, we equalled pace up and over Boxhill1, I extended to 1min20 at base of Boxhill 2, but you took 45secs back on the climb. I again extended back to 1.15, to which you clawed back half to the finish line. Just shows strengths and weaknesses

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
Cheers Paul, i was expecting to see you pass me on the first climb, I started quite hard and very near the front for the first few miles. Yesterdays ride took your spark away today, you would easily beat me on that course normally.

I was 45secs ahead at the base of Boxhill1, we equalled pace up and over Boxhill1, I extended to 1min20 at base of Boxhill 2, but you took 45secs back on the climb. I again extended back to 1.15, to which you clawed back half to the finish line. Just shows strengths and weaknesses
After lap 2 I was just happy to finish. A rest day tomorrow then stage 9.

I did struggle to hold a group after the second ascent of box, and the one I settled in was fairly steady. I didn't get a good start, legs didn't want to play ball.

JuhaL

Guru
After a morning shift especially wake-up 4:30am i feel full of energy to ride stage-8
poster%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8-pad%2C210x230%2Cf8f8f8.lite-1u1.jpg

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Good ride today on the ZHR Audax ... Was sand bagging with the C riders, and had some great banter. Frustrated with continued ANT+ dropouts which mean I had to exit zwift and rejoin ... then it would work ... before dropping again ... finally worked it out when I noticed that unlike other times the Vectors had no signal, but other sensors did ... Penny dropped batteries flat in the vectors, paired with the Bkool, caught the group (again), then restarted trainer, as it was giving no resistance and reporting silly watts ... no issues for rest of ride ... Decided to do Box Hill as an after party, as I didn't get enough yesterday, I wanted to make the metric century, and had a dropout at the top just after the stage finished ... I'd earned that descent!!

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Good ride today on the ZHR Audax ... Was sand bagging with the C riders, and had some great banter. Frustrated with continued ANT+ dropouts which mean I had to exit zwift and rejoin ... then it would work ... before dropping again ... finally worked it out when I noticed that unlike other times the Vectors had no signal, but other sensors did ... Penny dropped batteries flat in the vectors, paired with the Bkool, caught the group (again), then restarted trainer, as it was giving no resistance and reporting silly watts ... no issues for rest of ride ... Decided to do Box Hill as an after party, as I didn't get enough yesterday, I wanted to make the metric century, and had a dropout at the top just after the stage finished ... I'd earned that descent!!
I very rarely get drop outs, but when I do I'm pretty sure it's always due to the cadence sensor losing connection. I sometimes warm up, then nip to the loo before starting a race. If I don't take my shoe off and leave it by the bike it loses connection to the PC when I'm in the loo. I come back to the bike (I wash my hands first!!! :tongue:) the cadence sensor will re-connect but you can guarantee during the ride it will drop out 3 or 4 times. Only way to stop this is just disconnect the cadence sensor.

Could you have a similar issue?

bridgy

Legendary Member
I very rarely get drop outs, but when I do I'm pretty sure it's always due to the cadence sensor losing connection. I sometimes warm up, then nip to the loo before starting a race. If I don't take my shoe off and leave it by the bike it loses connection to the PC when I'm in the loo. I come back to the bike (I wash my hands first!!! :tongue:) the cadence sensor will re-connect but you can guarantee during the ride it will drop out 3 or 4 times. Only way to stop this is just disconnect the cadence sensor.

Could you have a similar issue?
Does your kickr not have a cadence sensor built in? Or does it have one but you find it inaccurate?

Top Bottom