Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Stage 9 is being run on wednesday 30th, so follow up events could be Wednesday onwards for a couple of days
Stage 9 is 29th and 30th (Tuesday and Wednesday) and catch up days 2nd and 3rd of Feb (Saturday and Sunday )

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Having ANT+ disconnect issies in zwift, have used an active 5m lead , swapped that out for a new one, finally using a powered Belkin USB hub ... Still happening .. not happy

Looking to replace the ANT dongle as it's the one that came with the BKool ... What's recomerec? I was thinking of the Tacx T2028 but at almost £45 need to be sure it'll do the job.

Zwift tells me that ANT+ is connected but no signals being picked up from any devices so Trainer, HRM, Cadence sensor or Vectors ... Sort of eliminates a possible low power signal from the trainer as a cause.

peterob

Veteran
Having ANT+ disconnect issies in zwift, have used an active 5m lead , swapped that out for a new one, finally using a powered Belkin USB hub ... Still happening .. not happy

Looking to replace the ANT dongle as it's the one that came with the BKool ... What's recomerec? I was thinking of the Tacx T2028 but at almost £45 need to be sure it'll do the job.

Zwift tells me that ANT+ is connected but no signals being picked up from any devices so Trainer, HRM, Cadence sensor or Vectors ... Sort of eliminates a possible low power signal from the trainer as a cause.
I got the lifeline one from Wiggle for about £20 when I got the Kickr. Never had any issues.

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-ant-usb-stick/

peterob

Veteran
I'm happy for you to include my times - but don't think it would be fair to accredit others who haven't done a stage with my time. Last week on the Alpe in particular I was using zpower on a dumb turbo and I am not convinced the power was comparable with what I normally show on my flux. I'm also still learning some of the techniques, like making best use of drafting.
Sure - I’ll add you to the all-star table but not include any of your times as a ‘max’.

I’ve too been trying to learn some Zwift techniques recently. I tried the ‘supertuck’ yesterday on the descents of Box Hill but found I was spat out the back of any groups that passed me so don’t know if it’s better to save energy that way or stay with the group but expend energy. :wacko:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

If you use a program called https://zwiftalizer.com/ Just use the link. It asks to access your PC to read the error logs from Zwift. It analyses your Ant+ connection, graphics and bluetooth. It makes suggestions what to do. I improved my Ant+ by going to powered extension lead. The biggest improvement was having the Ant+ dongle directly underneath the trainer.

Also bear in mind it might not be the Ant+ dongle or PC, but the trainer/power pedals dropping the connection

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sure - I’ll add you to the all-star table but not include any of your times as a ‘max’.

I’ve too been trying to learn some Zwift techniques recently. I tried the ‘supertuck’ yesterday on the descents of Box Hill but found I was spat out the back of any groups that passed me so don’t know if it’s better to save energy that way or stay with the group but expend energy. :wacko:
I never do the super tuck as it takes quite a bit of effort to get the kickr spun back up again. I prefer to keep the legs turning over as this helps me get rid of the excess lactic too. I ser others tuck though and they usually stay with me so maybe weight plays a part in it?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Due to do the 10am stage 8, but legs feeling it after yesterday's faster than expected outdoors ride. So it might just be a case of trying not to lose too much time rather than trying to gain time.

See you on the start line. I dont have a great PB for Boxhill let alone 3 attempts. There isnt enough flatter section to either pull back lost time or stretch a lead.

Looking at the results sheet above and comparing to my shorter length (1.5laps) time of 1:03:10 today, you guys are much quicker than me! Gotta say seeing the quicker riders come round to lap me gave me a kick up Box the 2nd time.

mjd1988

Guru

I like the aerotuck, the heavier you are the better it works, but you need to be going 58kph and I've noticed if you are going down a hill it needs to be at least 7% to be worth your while, preferably in the draft. It's best for the super steep hills, but you need to keep an eye on the group you are in- if they are throwing out a lot of watts/kg then they will disappear and then it's pointless.

You also need to start pedalling before the hill ends or you lose your group. I was using it desperately after box hill as my heart rate was v high

Top Bottom