Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
I'm doing the ZHR Audax tomorrow at 9:15 if anyone want to join me for a non competitive recovery ride :whistle:

JuhaL

Guru
Just looked at my Zwift times and my London laps today (all 3 as I carried on after the final Box climb to the finish line) were all PBs :biggrin: So whilst I'm still Mr Slow, I'm setting PBs so can't be too upset :okay:
I think these events doing good for our performance, especially thinkin' coming summer. It's been a long time since i have ride with this same intense anywhere.

mjd1988

Guru
Another leisurely ride :wacko:xx(

I am starting to perversely love the amount of climbs there have been so far. Had a little nightmare at the start of the stage when my ANT+ thing stopped working - rebooted and ended up skipping the first 4/5 mins or so of the ride so a bit of an unfair advantage - My finish time on zwift was 1hour 5mins and something seconds but they added time to it on in zwiftpower thankfully rather than DQ.

Didn't manage to miss any of the box hill climbs though! Got very isolated on the second effort and it ended up the slowest of the three (but all top 3 efforts).

I do feel like the tour and the racing (who are we kidding) with you guys has kept me motivated when I definitely would have softpedalled most of the stages @peterob thanks again for the spreadsheeting!

Perky77

I am starting to perversely love the amount of climbs there have been so far. Had a little nightmare at the start of the stage when my ANT+ thing stopped working - rebooted and ended up skipping the first 4/5 mins or so of the ride so a bit of an unfair advantage - My finish time on zwift was 1hour 5mins and something seconds but they added time to it on in zwiftpower thankfully rather than DQ.

Didn't manage to miss any of the box hill climbs though! Got very isolated on the second effort and it ended up the slowest of the three (but all top 3 efforts).

I do feel like the tour and the racing (who are we kidding) with you guys has kept me motivated when I definitely would have softpedalled most of the stages @peterob thanks again for the spreadsheeting!

Absolutely, I whole heartedly agree. It’s been fantastic and I think deep down we all have been digging in towards the end not wanting to be beaten by our ‘rivals’.

Last edited:

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Absolutely, I whole heartedly agree. It’s been fantastic and I think deep down we all have been digging intowards the end not wanting to be beaten by our ‘rvials’.
I thought everyone was riding at threshold for the duration of the ride??

peterob

Veteran

No problem Michael - I noticed you had a good result today and claimed a few scalps :okay:

I've updated the spreadsheet with Saturday's results. There's a couple of new Cyclechatter riders results showing now, so I'll add those too when Sunday's rides are completed.

Here's the latest as things stand. A few targets for Sunday's riders....

TdZ.png

STAGE 9

We're back in New York City for the final stage of the Tour de Zwift. The rolling Park Perimeter Loop takes you through Central Park. It's up and down but no major climbs. You did it Zwifters, congratulations!

More info: www.zwift.com/tdz

A GROUP

WORLD: New York

ROUTE: Park Perimeter

LAP DISTANCE: 9.6 km / 6.0 mi

ELEVATION GAIN PER LAP: 126 m / 413 ft

LAPS: 4

LEAD-IN DISTANCE: 0 km / 0 mi

TOTAL DISTANCE WITH LEAD-IN: 38.4 km / 24 mi

Starts Tuesday

Nebulous

Guru
No problem Michael - I noticed you had a good result today and claimed a few scalps :okay:

I've updated the spreadsheet with Saturday's results. There's a couple of new Cyclechatter riders results showing now, so I'll add those too when Sunday's rides are completed.

Here's the latest as things stand. A few targets for Sunday's riders....

View attachment 449226

I'm happy for you to include my times - but don't think it would be fair to accredit others who haven't done a stage with my time. Last week on the Alpe in particular I was using zpower on a dumb turbo and I am not convinced the power was comparable with what I normally show on my flux. I'm also still learning some of the techniques, like making best use of drafting.

Top Bottom