Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
really enjoying this but i am away end of next week throwing myself down mountains so no chance of a podium place :sad:
will be eating and drinking like a pig these next few days though so i have a little in the hamper for stage 5
May not mean much, but I'm so chuffed at being 8th. When I first started bkool and for 2 years of racing I was almost always last in the leagues . In the past 18 months my fitness has improved so much and I'm no longer mr slow, but able to compete with others :laugh: Not that these are races, of course :whistle:

With good weight loss this year I'll be even more competitive :biggrin:

Last edited:
May not mean much, but I'm so chuffed at being 8th. When I first started bkool and for 2 years of racing I was almost always last in the leagues . In the past 18 months my fitness has improved so much and I'm no longer me slow, but able to compete with others :laugh: Not that these are races, of course :whistle:

Same here ,since losing all the weight ( 10 stone since September 2017) and only cycling on a road bike since May 2017 I am over the moon with my results and fitness

Marino.g

Veteran
May not mean much, but I'm so chuffed at being 8th. When I first started bkool and for 2 years of racing I was almost always last in the leagues . In the past 18 months my fitness has improved so much and I'm no longer me slow, but able to compete with others :laugh: Not that these are races, of course :whistle:

Your an inspiration Whorty I remember fondly the battles “Team Beige” :smooch:had trying to fend off our faster rivals.
I’ve stood still and you’ve pushed on remarkably but you are putting the effort and bike time to gain those rewards.:okay:
Don’t worry I won’t mention the Jiffy bag that gave you the extra 10 mins or was it the tyre pressure :whistle:

Del C

Veteran
I hope we can follow up the suggestions to start up some form of Cyclechat league.

I’d love to bet part of the TdZ, but I committed to the Build Me Up workout programme and its in it busiest phase right now with 5 workouts in each of the last two weeks, so I’ve not had the time to join in. And after the last workout, frankly I needed a day off anyway.

I’ve enjoyed the programme. I’m just about to start week 8 out of 12, so this far in I really want to see it out to the end.

Despite that, I’ve missed being able to do the TdZ, and other races and group rides. Looking forward to getting back to that and seeing what results come out of Build Me Up.

Whorty

Super happy with KOM at the volcano - 915, which for me is ridiculous, and will give me a lot more confidence to bury myself on the hills. Properly knackered at the end as well, great feeling!
Saw your time .... you destroyed the rest of us middle table crew :notworthy:

Whorty

Your an inspiration Whorty I remember fondly the battles “Team Beige” :smooch:had trying to fend off our faster rivals.
I’ve stood still and you’ve pushed on remarkably but you are putting the effort and bike time to gain those rewards.:okay:
Don’t worry I won’t mention the Jiffy bag that gave you the extra 10 mins or was it the tyre pressure :whistle:
Definitely the jiffy bag ... although I'm not sure that ever was a bag, and if there was one I don't know what was in it, even though it didn't exist .... :tongue:

I hope we can follow up the suggestions to start up some form of Cyclechat league.

I’d love to bet part of the TdZ, but I committed to the Build Me Up workout programme and its in it busiest phase right now with 5 workouts in each of the last two weeks, so I’ve not had the time to join in. And after the last workout, frankly I needed a day off anyway.

I’ve enjoyed the programme. I’m just about to start week 8 out of 12, so this far in I really want to see it out to the end.

Despite that, I’ve missed being able to do the TdZ, and other races and group rides. Looking forward to getting back to that and seeing what results come out of Build Me Up.

Is the plan working? I need something to build fitness again after 4 months off the bike.

Whorty

As always, I got dragged into the races and drifted away from the Build Me Up plan. To be fair though, with the chest problems I had in December I lost 2-3 weeks where I couldn't push hard on the training plan so it's kind of worked OK anyway.

Whorty

If anyone interested I'm signed up for the 2'clock Fondo today. Looking at the middle route, which is about 73km. Won't be pushing hard, aiming for about 2-2.5 w/kg only. Legs tired from yesterday, so this will just be a ride to keep the legs spinning. Expecting it to take about 3 hours

Del C

Veteran
Is the plan working? I need something to build fitness again after 4 months off the bike.
I think it is.

I won’t really know until I get back into racing, but it gets harder as you’d expect as the weeks progress and I’m pretty sure I would have struggled to complete some of the sessions I’m currently doing at the start of the programme.

I’ve not been out on the road much, but I rode with friends around East Sussex and Kent over Christmas and my climbing felt smooth and quite a bit stronger than before I started the plan.

Breedon

Legendary Member
If anyone interested I'm signed up for the 2'clock Fondo today. Looking at the middle route, which is about 73km. Won't be pushing hard, aiming for about 2-2.5 w/kg only. Legs tired from yesterday, so this will just be a ride to keep the legs spinning. Expecting it to take about 3 hours
I'm doing the Cat A length 60 miles, going to try and set a decent time.

JuhaL

Guru
I will do my mixed endurance ride today. Epic KOM, jungles, volcano KOM etc...2-2,5hr ride. I think that duration is enough for my legs, especially after stage 4 ride.

Top Bottom