Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Everyone bottling riding against me at 2 ..... I understand ... I am a formidable foe after all :gun::ninja::biggrin:
I got told I was driving the daughter to a friend's baby shower 30 miles away at half one!!! No chance to get back ... Can't get on the 4 session, as I have to pick her up at half five!! And its MBH birthday so we are out for a meal tonight.

So yet again my attempts at an organised series of rides are feckin thwarted by my feckin family!!!

kipster

Guru
Edvald Boasson Hagen used a tacx magnum (bike treadmill) for his recent epic zwift rides so all those concerns about his backside are not needed. Nice bit of kit if you've got £7k laying laying around.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Edvald Boasson Hagen used a tacx magnum (bike treadmill) for his recent epic zwift rides so all those concerns about his backside are not needed. Nice bit of kit if you've got £7k laying laying around.

Limited in speed to 18mph(30km). Inclination then increase to reduce speed. Not sure how that works . Its a running machine with some bike useable features I can see it as a comfort benefit like rollers.

Can it cope with a hard acceleration?

Not so much better than a rocker board

Last edited:

peterob

Veteran
Some very good and close times on Stage 4.

Updated TdZ spreadsheet snapshot below. This includes the results from today's 2pm race, so up to date!

Brusgaard is continuing his rich vein of form and it's very close down the board. Can Lee topple the killer Dane when he tackles stage 4? :boxing: Watch this space.

TdZ.png

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Some very good and close times on Stage 4.

Updated TdZ spreadsheet snapshot below. This includes the results from today's 2pm race, so up to date!

Brusgaard is continuing his rich vein of form and it's very close down the board. Can Lee topple the killer Dane when he tackles stage 4? :boxing: Watch this space.

View attachment 446767

Stage 4 ..... talk about close. 30 seconds between 5 of us :okay:

1:03:24 @Whorty
1:03:30 Juha
1:03:33 Chris
1:03:48 Brendan
1:03:54 Nick

Whorty

I saw Carl at a start but not much after that. Not surprised anymore if i didn't see him, Carl was 6sec faster than me :headshake:
I saw you at the 2.5 km marker then saw you on the map in the same group as me up to about 20km then lost you. Wasn't sure if you was ahead or behind me. I set a PB up the volcano KoM (9:38), by 15 seconds ..... very valuable 15 seconds it would seem :biggrin: You went up the KoM in 9:27 according to Strava, so you gained 11 seconds on me during the climb. Had the climb been a bit longer you would have caught me :B)

JuhaL

Guru
I saw you at the 2.5 km marker then saw you on the map in the same group as me up to about 20km then lost you. Wasn't sure if you was ahead or behind me. I set a PB up the volcano KoM (9:38), by 15 seconds ..... very valuable 15 seconds it would seem :biggrin: You went up the KoM in 9:27 according to Strava, so you gained 11 seconds on me during the climb. Had the climb been a bit longer you would have caught me :B)
I was watching all the time riders near by me list and i wait when you appear and catch me, if i had only knew i would... (excuses... :biggrin:).

bobinski

Legendary Member
1. 08-38 for me.
Nightmare start meant I was atuck at the pier trying to clip in and open loft window and so right at the back and had to work harder to get to a draft and then move forward to get another draft. Decided to take It easier until the climb. 10-02 for the climb way behind my pb of 7-55 but really pleased with it with a lot of out of saddle climbing. But for that start I may have broken 1h 08
Well done boys- those 5 of you really should get in a race together.

JuhaL

Guru
1. 08-38 for me.
Nightmare start meant I was atuck at the pier trying to clip in and open loft window and so right at the back and had to work harder to get to a draft and then move forward to get another draft. Decided to take It easier until the climb. 10-02 for the climb way behind my pb of 7-55 but really pleased with it with a lot of out of saddle climbing. But for that start I may have broken 1h 08
You are well recovered, that is good news :thumbsup:.

Whorty

1. 08-38 for me.
Recovery going well Bob. Your climb today is only 20 secs slower than mine, and mine was a PB :surrender: Won't be long until you're leaving us mid table riders behind again :okay:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
well done Steen and Paul - i couldn't have tried any harder- heart rate higher than normal proves i was trying just couldn't keep up
maybe i should put the new weight in - weighed myself when i got in - 62.5 kg !! - my skin flaps in the wind !
saturday night is pig out night - might even have a pint if i can pick it up
and thanks Andy for the thumbs up

and i missed not being able to follow the blue hat !

Last edited:
Top Bottom