Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Wow 6.5 hours

Is that all, our club secretary, did an Everest challenge on Zwift Pretzel. 16hours!!!

Perky77

It's been a slow morning here so I have knocked up an Excel spreadsheet to capture our times and keep a running total. I'll make it available via dropbox so other people can update if I have missed any times.

If you miss a stage it uses the maximum time that the others completed the stage in to calculate your total time. Consequently I'm top of the league! :tongue: But I expect only until Lee or Bridgy complete their missed stages :laugh:.

Current snapshot....
View attachment 446500

Great work @peterob
Can you amend to include my stage 1 time please, completed 3 January at 9am. Thanks

Attachments

• 79C4F57D-92C3-4626-AF35-6363CA2D2993.png
    79C4F57D-92C3-4626-AF35-6363CA2D2993.png
    39.1 KB · Views: 14

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Whilst a low heart rate is a sign of good aerobic fitness, too low a hr can be a problem. Watch out for dizziness when standing or getting up from laying down.

My HR is round 48-53. I've never tested night time, however sometimes I can hear my watch tick the second hand and my hr is nearly 2 seconds per beat when fully relaxed in bed, so it must be getting to low 40 or high 30s :ohmy:
Totally agree that too low a hr can be an issue.

When I started my, sorry, re-started my riding 4 years ago my rhr was about 70-80. That was carrying 15 kilo's extra and just having given up cigarettes. My max riding hr was somewhere in the 120's, I was super unfit. I now have a max HR of around 160 and resting in the low 50's currently, I got it down to low 40's for a period of time.

JLaw

Veteran
I've been on blood pressure meds for about 3 years now. Ever since starting on them I get dizzy standing up. I was warned that would likely happen, but was also told my body would likely adjust and at that time I'd probably need to up my dose and/or add another BP med. I'm usually upper 40s when I'm just sitting around. No clue what my HR drops to overnight.

Took 1st in the KISS EUR D today. I'd been cruising for miles with 2 other riders, lightly watching the pair of riders behind who were slowly catching up. It briefly appeared one of my mates wanted to keep the chasers at bay, so I took a good pull after him, but nobody wanted to pull after mine. So the 2 chasers caught us about 2 miles from the finish. Then a couple more snuck up on us. About 300M out I was at the back of the pack and hit the gas a bit earlier than usual figuring I needed more road to make up the gap. I just barely pulled into 2nd in the group by the finish line. I'm guessing the one I didn't catch isn't registered for ZP. So I get the win. 2nd, 2nd, 1st. I pretty good week. Fairly happy with the last two races in terms of effort. Will shoot for 3 more races next week, then I'm out for a while.

On another note, Tuesday's race was on the same course, same # laps as we were a month ago. THe difference was a month ago I rode it with the Cs and Tuesday with the D's. So some comparisons are in order. Wattage was ever so slightly higher with the C racers -- across every time range on ZP. But my average and max HR was notably higher with the D group. Not sure what it means, but I found it interesting.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Not sure. Zwift has me in A cat (even though I’m plainly not) as a result of a couple of short races (just over 20 mins) I did when I started where I was able to put out bigger watts for a shortish duration. Anything longer and they dip substantially!
you stay in A !:okay: i saw your times in them races !

bridgy

Legendary Member
I might give stage 4 a go tonight at 17.00.

EXCUSE ALERT - still suffering with the tail end of this cold so don't know how hard I'll be able to push :surrender:

With our little league we now have going (thanks @peterob !) are we allowing multiple efforts of each stage - so the chance to improve our stage times in the next day re-run or during the catch up days? Because I might need to decide to pootle tonight and have a second go at this one and I don't want to be accused of cheating even if it is just a bit of fun....:rolleyes:

I might give stage 4 a go tonight at 17.00.

EXCUSE ALERT - still suffering with the tail end of this cold so don't know how hard I'll be able to push :surrender:

With our little league we now have going (thanks @peterob !) are we allowing multiple efforts of each stage - so the chance to improve our stage times in the next day re-run or during the catch up days? Because I might need to decide to pootle tonight and have a second go at this one and I don't want to be accused of cheating even if it is just a bit of fun....:rolleyes:

I will be doing it in the morning at 9am I think it is ,as I have hospital all afternoon and tomorrow again visiting Mom

Top Bottom