Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I think stage 4 is flat (it says Volcano flat 4 laps) - you should be able to put some good time on Lee :popcorn:
Stage 4 is 1 lap of the "Volcano Climb after party", which is described as follows (make sure you read to the end :cry:)

If you know your Watopia routes, the easiest way to understand this route is as two laps of Volcano Flat followed by a lap of Volcano Climb ending at the volcano KOM banner. This means the first 36km (22.4 miles) of the route is quite flat, but the final volcano climb wraps it up in painful fashion. In fact, nearly half the route’s vertical gain comes in the final 4km!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Done! Will need to re-sort after each update.
View attachment 446506
@Aleman might be willing to accept some kind of manual adjustment to his rocket powered stage 1 time :whistle:

JuhaL

Guru
Just did lot of adjustment about my ride position. I had a seatpost with 25mm setback and i change that seatpost with 0mm setback. After test session that position feels much better, i find better place on a saddle and pedaling speed improved. Probably take some time to muscles adapt that new position completely.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Stage 4 is 1 lap of the "Volcano Climb after party", which is described as follows (make sure you read to the end :cry:)

If you know your Watopia routes, the easiest way to understand this route is as two laps of Volcano Flat followed by a lap of Volcano Climb ending at the volcano KOM banner. This means the first 36km (22.4 miles) of the route is quite flat, but the final volcano climb wraps it up in painful fashion. In fact, nearly half the route’s vertical gain comes in the final 4km!
Bugger!!!! I just read the title in the companion app. Oh well. It's only pain :B) Looks like you and I @Freelanderuk are going to suffer again :laugh:

Once I get down to @berty bassett 's weight, I'll be flying up those hills .... only 20kg (or 25%) of body weight to go :tongue:
For me to loose that much I would have to chop both legs off , mind you I could then use a hand cycle^_^

I am try to get to 78kg and no less:popcorn:

LBHIFI

Veteran
Weight myself yeasterday for the first time since November (and again this morning to make sure) and I'm one kg down, despite having been off the bike for 1½ month. Now at 75 kg, but could really feel the loss of fitness in TdZ yesterday. Especially during the climb where I had nothing left. I think I exhausted the excellent base I laid last year. It got me through a summer brake, but think I need to lay in some base miles now.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Your legs is getting stronger at a same time when you come more fit, maybe you don't have to lose weight that much, maybe 10kg is enough :okay:
Just imagine though, if I could hold my current power and get down to Lee's weight? We're both as 'tall' as each other so me being his weight is possible (although highly unlikely!). We could cycle up the hills together and wave to the rest of you struggling to get your lardy asses up the inclines ..... poooof .... and then I wake up :rofl: Yeah, maybe I just target a small weight loss initially :tongue:

JuhaL

Guru
Just imagine though, if I could hold my current power and get down to Lee's weight? We're both as 'tall' as each other so me being his weight is possible (although highly unlikely!). We could cycle up the hills together and wave to the rest of you struggling to get your lardy asses up the inclines ..... poooof .... and then I wake up :rofl: Yeah, maybe I just target a small weight loss initially :tongue:
Imagine this, you can always return back on weight where you started if that small weight loss doesn't satisfy you, as a satisfaction guarantee/money refund :biggrin:.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
My resting HR is about 65 which I was pleased with .... until i saw your and Bob's resting HR!
@Whorty I have a resting HR of 45-55 according to my Garmin Fenix 3 HR (If I am in the high end of that range I'm usually sick). If you don't have a 24/7 capable HR monitor/watch then resting HR should be taken immediately upon waking before you get out of bed. My traces show that my lowest steady HR is in the hour before I wake up. Sitting I reside around the 55-65 and standing 65-75 if not moving. I scare the crap out of the Doc when I see him as he thinks it should be higher due to my other issues, weight being the main one.

mjd1988

Guru
It's been a slow morning here so I have knocked up an Excel spreadsheet to capture our times and keep a running total. I'll make it available via dropbox so other people can update if I have missed any times.

If you miss a stage it uses the maximum time that the others completed the stage in to calculate your total time. Consequently I'm top of the league! :tongue: But I expect only until Lee or Bridgy complete their missed stages :laugh:.

Current snapshot....
View attachment 446500

Amazing work! This will be a great motivator to do the catch up days and attack the big climbs ahead - thank you!

Top Bottom