Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Well done all who rode the 1700hrs Tour de Zwift , I finished 419th with a time of 1:07:19 and increase in my ftp again by 1 mark to 246 now
Didn't see you on the ride itself (you was too far ahead) but saw your time afterward .... cracking :okay:

Again my legs felt fine, but chest was awful. I did get to ride with @mjd1988 which was nice :hello: I actually thought he'd dropped me on climb 3 as I lost track of him, but looking at times I may have dropped Micheal as I finished 20 odd seconds ahead. Blinkin hard work though ..... just wish this damn chest infection would bugger off :boxing:

Even with strong legs and chest I wouldn't have been anywhere near your time though tonight. You've really improved over the past few months :notworthy:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Well done all who rode the 1700hrs Tour de Zwift , I finished 419th with a time of 1:07:19 and increase in my ftp again by 1 mark to 246 now

No, you didn’t finish at 419. I crossed the line at about position 426, and on the results table however, I was 461st some 2 minutes ahead of you.
On ZwiftPower (which I think you refer to) I’m 292nd, which just goes to show how few are actually on ZP.

My ride was lead-in + 3 laps of slowish riding, trying to keep the BPM below 150 at all times. On the last lap, I opened up a bit more and gained around 70 spots. 10th consecutive day of riding, phew...

mjd1988

Guru
Didn't see you on the ride itself (you was too far ahead) but saw your time afterward .... cracking :okay:

Again my legs felt fine, but chest was awful. I did get to ride with @mjd1988 which was nice :hello: I actually thought he'd dropped me on climb 3 as I lost track of him, but looking at times I may have dropped Micheal as I finished 20 odd seconds ahead. Blinkin hard work though ..... just wish this damn chest infection would bugger off :boxing:

Even with strong legs and chest I wouldn't have been anywhere near your time though tonight. You've really improved over the past few months :notworthy:

Don't think I've ever dropped anyone on a climb! You towed me up the 2nd :notworthy: but on the 3rd I was toast. First time around the jungle circuit, not a fan of the rolling hills but think I'll have to train on it a bit!

Whorty

Don't think I've ever dropped anyone on a climb! You towed me up the 2nd :notworthy: but on the 3rd I was toast. First time around the jungle circuit, not a fan of the rolling hills but think I'll have to train on it a bit!
It is a killer course. Even the down, for some reason, doesn't feel easy.

Whorty

Thanks Carl , I always have a protein shake now when I finish rides and the leg muscles are growing^_^
I gulp some milk. Maybe I need to get a protein shake too :okay:

Whorty

It's one of my favourite s. The first climb is a killer, but once I've crested that I tend to enjoy the rest. If I set a good time on the first climb I tend to do well.
I guess it's one of those types of hills that suits your power. Not too steep, and punchy enough that your power can help you hold on to lighter riders. Gradients allow drafting too I believe, but happy to be corrected.

Whorty

That lead in totally threw me. Wasn’t expecting that. Should do more research I suppose :wacko:
I've raced that course a few times so knew what to expect, but the first time I too got done by the lead in. Pushed way too hard on the start of the kom, pushed into red trying to stay with others so I was shot by the time I hit the jungle climbs. Last night I took it easy so left more for the jungle.

May use the jungle course more for interval training. Blast up the climb, recover on tge down. Hmmm, that's an idea!

mjd1988

Guru
Similar experience with the lead in. Went off too fast, think i was sitting about 300 at one stage then panicked when I thought we were going up the alpe then was hanging on every uphill afterwards!

Top Bottom