Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

peterob

Veteran
That first time when you see the wall of a hill coming and you think “ oh no - I haven’t signed up for this ! “ is daunting ain’t it :laugh:
@berty bassett - I assume that was you who passed me on the final lap? I didn't see you on the CycleChatters list of finishers, but I wouldn't have thought there'd be another Berty Bassett!

I tried to hold on to you but I was cooked by then and think I finished 10 secs down. I felt good at the start so went for it (despite knowing it wasn't a good idea) and it hit me on lap 3 and dropped about 100 places by the end. 4 weeks of over-eating and drinking caught up with me and I collapsed onto my bed and was fast asleep within 5 minutes of finishing! :laugh:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
Wa
@berty bassett - I assume that was you who passed me on the final lap? I didn't see you on the CycleChatters list of finishers, but I wouldn't have thought there'd be another Berty Bassett!

I tried to hold on to you but I was cooked by then and think I finished 10 secs down. I felt good at the start so went for it (despite knowing it wasn't a good idea) and it hit me on lap 3 and dropped about 100 places by the end. 4 weeks of over-eating and drinking caught up with me and I collapsed onto my bed and was fast asleep within 5 minutes of finishing! :laugh:
Wasnt me ! Ain’t doing toz - want to do a couple of races and while the weather is good I want to be outside - can’t do everything , the legs won’t allow it

That Berty Bassett came in 192nd on the companion app and is from the Russian Federation :smile:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
That lead in totally threw me. Wasn’t expecting that. Should do more research I suppose :wacko:
Just saw your time. You, Micheal (@mjd1988 ) and me were within 30 seconds of each other. Should be some good racing this year :wahhey: We may have to work hard though to keep pace with @Norry1 and @Freelanderuk :training: Be interesting to see where @Monte is after the holiday season :okay:

Edit : @JuhaL is also less than a minute away.
@rob01792 and @Perky77 are close too.

Once we get to create our own races we can have some great battles :laugh:

Last edited:
I think I am way off your strength Carl at the moment ,

No trainer now for a few days as posted the core back this morning and I can not pick up the neo till all my vouchers arrive on Monday , still got other cores boxed up in the hallway waiting to go back

JuhaL

Guru
Just saw your time. You, Micheal (@mjd1988 ) and me were within 30 seconds of each other. Should be some good racing this year :wahhey: We may have to work hard though to keep pace with @Norry1 and @Freelanderuk :training: Be interesting to see where @Monte is after the holiday season :okay:

@CXRAndy ride pretty much same time as i did, but that was with erg-mode or that's how it looked.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
That was tough, the workout I mean:heat:

The Race A TDZ overlaid was quite fun, I got carried away trying to draft a few times then realising I had the workout to do:laugh:

I started my workout a minute or so before the start of the race, I pootled along during the warmup, slowly picking up places as the interval power ramped up. I got to position 125, Then came the recovery period 5mins @128W, slowly slipping all the way to the back of the A Group position 490th at the bottom of the first climb. Just in time for first 20 min interval (couldnt of timed it better) where I picked up loads of places arriving at the blue curtain in 298th. Lap 1 position 255 losing placing in the second 5 min recovery to 285th
Lap 2 233 dropping again in the recovery 5 mins
Lap 3 similar
Finish 219th on the road, but Zwiftpower puts me 125th

I like this format, distracts a little from the pain of interval training^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
@CXRAndy ride pretty much same time as i did, but that was with erg-mode or that's how it looked.

Correct 3*20mins with 3* 5 min recovery points Fun way to race.

Norry1

Legendary Member

Zwift thinks you are doing Stage 1 again today at 4pm??

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Zwift thinks you are doing Stage 1 again today at 4pm??
I think I signed up to this first as didn't realise it was also on yesterday. Fair to say I won't be on it today :laugh:
WHAT!! :eek::eek:
IT'S ON AGAIN TODAY!!! :eek::eek:

That's great news for me, as I got ambushed by the family yesterday, and ended up being unable to ride at 19:00 as planned :banghead::banghead:... Unfortunately I've noticed that the rides today are at 16:00, 18:00 and 20:00 which is a bit too early and a bit too late for me to ride, as we normally muck the horse out between 17:00 and 19:00. ... I suppose I had better try to persuade MBH to go down a bit earlier so that I can ride at 18:00.

Anyone want to join me on the CAT A Long Course?? :evil::evil:

Top Bottom