Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tommy2

Über Member
Did a bit on Zwift last night as the kids were having a sleepover at Grandmas.

Was gonna do 30mins and a short run (maybe 10mins) straighter of the bike, asi did 50km outdoors the day before.

Did 1hr 20 on the bike then a 5km run which is more than I’ve done in a while.

Joined a group ride after it had started so sacked it if after 10mins.

I then planned to do something flat but was getting bored so headed for epic kom and tapped out a steady wattage at a low rpm.
Laptop battery died about halfway up the bonus climb to the radio tower so had to run about to get the charger and fire it up again.
Unpaired the turbo trainer to get it to reconnect which worked but hrm wouldn’t do did the last bit without.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Noooooooooo :ohmy: Do you still have the Bkool Pro in the meantime?
Brother has it at the moment. May need to mug him for it. :whistle:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just started week 6 of the Build Me Up plan.

I’ve got 5 sessions this week, so last night and today didn’t really help!

Sessions feel like they’re getting tougher, but I’ve enjoyed it so far. Rode with friends around Sussex and Kent a few days back and my hill climbing was feeling good, so I’m sure something good is happening.

Are you still doing Build Me Up or has the illness brought that to a halt? Not sure there’s an option to pause any of these plans on Zwift?
Illness brought it to a halt. Haven't done any sessions for a few weeks now. Not letting it bother me though - if I go too hard too soon I'll just do myself some damage. Slowly, slowly catch the monkey :biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Added a 2019 plan thread. Feel free to add your goals for the year. I've asked initially for no comments, just on post each with your plan - this way the plans will always be on page 1 and 2 with no clutter. Once everyone who wants to has added plans then we can start to comment on there, but let's try and keep it clean initially.

Cheers. C

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
Just keep using the Kickr Boxers, it's not going to stop working. Post a clip of noise youve got
That's what I intend to do unless otherwise advised by Wahoo :bicycle:

Nebulous

Guru
Had another go at racing. Got into a group, worked together and managed to catch another 3 people in front. Still very hard, but understanding it better than last time. Didn't start so far in the red as last time. Unfortunately my connection dropped and I lost everyone else, so I bailed.

I'm in a garage, with the router in the kitchen across from it. Maybe I need a wifi extender. The signal isn't very strong, but it hasn't dropped before, not that I've noticed anyway.

Aleman

Knees are FUBAR but I don't like to mention it
Unfortunately my connection dropped and I lost everyone else, so I bailed.

I'm in a garage, with the router in the kitchen across from it. Maybe I need a wifi extender. The signal isn't very strong, but it hasn't dropped before, not that I've noticed anyway.
Hardwire, or go with a WiFi Mesh setup, last resort Powerline adapters ... My Cave of Pain is 30m from the house, and I've run a cable out there

bobinski

Legendary Member
I was using powerline adapters up 3 floors from router to my loft. Rock solid. I have now moved to a Tenga WiFi mesh and that also is rock solid with coverage throughout house and up to the loft.

Top Bottom