Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
All of the seals on the box were intact and the rubber feet didn’t have a mark on them. The free hub didn’t have a mark on it either. So I’m assuming this is a manufacturing error. I’m guessing that the tool they use to do up the screws does 3 at a time which explains why every other screw was mangled.
Wiggle say they’ll arrange a collection next Wednesday. Then, once they get it back, they’ll begin processing a refund. Finally, once the money gets back into my account, I have to re-order :sad: So I’m trainer-less for the next couple of weeks by the look of it :sad:

You could order a new one now on the premise they’ll refund you for the faulty one.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Anyone interested ( or knows how to ) sort some sort of league out for the new year ? - just throwing it out there
Yep, interested. Not sure the setup is there though yet to allow us to set up races from the gates and set lengths etc with league or final standings. They've only implemented the 'meet ups' so far - not tried this out yet, but i was under the impression this just has riders meet at a start point but the won't record the ride as a race.

Anyone confirm how the meet up works?

Really looking forward to those flat and downhill races :whistle::biggrin::rofl:

Nebulous

Guru
Hi folks - I've recently joined zwift, doing the ftp builder training course and working harder than I've done over the winter for a long time, which was the intention. I find myself with a spare day today and fancy trying a race. Looking at the 16:05 3R volcano 50km flat.

Would that be a reasonable place to start? I just squeeze into category C, 2.52 Watts /kg although I don't have a scale here and could well have put on almost 2 kgs over the festive period, which would take me back into category D. So I'm not expecting very much other than seeing if I can last the distance.

I assume once I've registered, login and choose the race (I've allowed zwiftpower as a connection) I automatically find myself at the right place to start?

How will I identify other people I'm racing against? Is it just a free for all, or is there a way of knowing who is Cat C, Cat D etc?

Norry1

Legendary Member
Hi folks - I've recently joined zwift, doing the ftp builder training course and working harder than I've done over the winter for a long time, which was the intention. I find myself with a spare day today and fancy trying a race. Looking at the 16:05 3R volcano 50km flat.

Would that be a reasonable place to start? I just squeeze into category C, 2.52 Watts /kg although I don't have a scale here and could well have put on almost 2 kgs over the festive period, which would take me back into category D. So I'm not expecting very much other than seeing if I can last the distance.

I assume once I've registered, login and choose the race (I've allowed zwiftpower as a connection) I automatically find myself at the right place to start?

How will I identify other people I'm racing against? Is it just a free for all, or is there a way of knowing who is Cat C, Cat D etc?

Welcome. If you have registered for the race a box appears bottom left of your screen when you start your Zwift session. This says "Join Event". It is best to start Zwift at least 15 minutes before the event starts so you can warm up properly. Then click the Join Event button and it will place you in the starting pen, sat on a turbo.

There will be a timer counting d own to the start. With 10 seconds to go, raise your power rights up as they all start crazy fast. 50km sounds a bit long for a first race :smile:

Enjoy.

Gary E

Veteran
Those allen bolts looked liked they've been over torque with a electric drill, damaging the heads
Yep, as I said, I think the tool they use must torque 3 at a time (i.e. bolts 1, 3 and 5) and I'm assuming the operator didn't have it fully in before he pulled the trigger. There's a slight scratch on the flywheel coming from one of the bolts where the tool slipped out.
I doubt it would have affected the operation in any way but, after hearing from Neo owners who've had to remove the flywheel to clean inside, I didn't want to risk it. I'm pretty sure that an allen key would just turn in those mangled holes.

bobinski

Legendary Member
Make sure you have hrm for racing. And like Martin says log in early and warm up with a spin on the course and then click the join button no later than 5 min before an event. Enjoy!

Nebulous

Guru
Welcome. If you have registered for the race a box appears bottom left of your screen when you start your Zwift session. This says "Join Event". It is best to start Zwift at least 15 minutes before the event starts so you can warm up properly. Then click the Join Event button and it will place you in the starting pen, sat on a turbo.

There will be a timer counting d own to the start. With 10 seconds to go, raise your power rights up as they all start crazy fast. 50km sounds a bit long for a first race :smile:

Enjoy.

Thanks - that sounds easy enough to do - the technicalities at least! I'm not a sprinter, nor a climber and a lot of the events today seemed like climbing ones, so that was why I alighted on that one. I did think 50k was quite ambitious, but if I fall off the back then so be it.

Nebulous

Guru
Make sure you have hrm for racing. And like Martin says log in early and warm up with a spin on the course and then click the join button no later than 5 min before an event. Enjoy!

I do most of my cycling outside and rarely ride without my Garmin HR strap on. I bought an ANT+ dongle and USB extension for my laptop and it all seems to be working fine on Zwift.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Yep, as I said, I think the tool they use must torque 3 at a time (i.e. bolts 1, 3 and 5) and I'm assuming the operator didn't have it fully in before he pulled the trigger. There's a slight scratch on the flywheel coming from one of the bolts where the tool slipped out.
I doubt it would have affected the operation in any way but, after hearing from Neo owners who've had to remove the flywheel to clean inside, I didn't want to risk it. I'm pretty sure that an allen key would just turn in those mangled holes.

Just had a thought:excl:

The common issue of grinding noise is sorted by pulling the flywheel off the shaft. Gp Lama has done a video of it. The tool requires you to undo 3 bolts and refit to pull the flywheel. Possible its a grinding one thats been cleaned up. Only offering comments. By all accounts the grinding noise is nothing more than tiny flecks of metal/grit which get between the magnets and coils. With such close tolerance grinding occurs, requiring a clean up of any dust debris :smile:

Top Bottom