Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
At 50%, certainly on the flat courses, you can do the whole ride in the front big ring. You'll probably be able to do hillier courses at 50% too, but for me I have to knock it down to about 20% :laugh:

I leave mine on 50% .I can get up all the gradients on 53*28 Not ideal for cross chain, but its rare I choose that combination

kipster

Guru
:okay:

I, well my backside loves ISM saddles
Tempted to swap all my saddles over the next year

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Sound like you indexing is way out, I drop a chain perhaps once a year.
It happens a lot when I go from spinning the fly wheel fast, e.g. a down section so big front, then hit an incline and I need to go small in the front. Seems like the chain is moving too fast and just jumps off. This is what it feels like anyway .... does this sound logical?

Used to get it a lot on Bkool too. I've had the gears re-indexed a few times so I was just assuming it's my rubbish gear changing :banghead: I don't tend to get the same problem outside

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Tempted to swap all my saddles over the next year

All my bikes have ISM, .I changed my Tripster from a narrow ISM to the Road 2 and it was so nice. I had inadvertently bought a too narrow model so my sit bones weren't supported. I need to sell on, if anyone is interested. i can measure width of saddle

kipster

Guru
It happens a lot when I go from spinning the fly wheel fast, e.g. a down section so big front, then hit an incline and I need to go small in the front. Seems like the chain is moving too fast and just jumps off. This is what it feels like anyway .... does this sound logical?

Used to get it a lot on Bkool too. I've had the gears re-indexed a few times so I was just assuming it's my rubbish gear changing :banghead: I don't tend to get the same problem outside

Go up the cassette first then let cadance drop a bit before going to the small chainring

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

If you get the latest Shimano rear derailleur
RX with clutch. It will stop chain jumping around and make for reliable shifting
https://www.bikeradar.com/road/news...tch-rear-derailleur-mechanical-and-di2-52018/

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
All my bikes have ISM, .I changed my Tripster from a narrow ISM to the Road 2 and it was so nice. I had inadvertently bought a too narrow model so my sit bones weren't supported. I need to sell on, if anyone is interested. i can measure width of saddle
The one I have is a PR 1.0 which is a bit soft (it was a saddle my wife used). I'll probably stick to the PR range but go for a model with less padding.

JuhaL

Guru

I had these issue too when i start to ride with my Drivo 2 trainer. Chain drop quite often from the chainring. Also i noticed that cassette was bit of different spot in trainer comparing rear wheel. So i need to adjust a bit of rear and front derailleur and also b-tension screw to have perfect shifting. So far so good.

bobinski

Legendary Member

I think full disclosure on time in/on the saddle, diet at the time, for example lots of take away curries- it’s only fair:okay:

berty bassett

Legendary Member

you could get a chain catcher - i have one on , if the chain sometimes wants to jump over small ring and jam inbetween ring and frame it could leave horrible marks on frame - or worse , a chain catcher stops it before it can get down there and it just slips onto small ring
can be a bit of a faff to get in right place but worth it - also front derailleur might be out a bit - just a screw to turn

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
you could get a chain catcher - i have one on , if the chain sometimes wants to jump over small ring and jam inbetween ring and frame it could leave horrible marks on frame - or worse , a chain catcher stops it before it can get down there and it just slips onto small ring
can be a bit of a faff to get in right place but worth it - also front derailleur might be out a bit - just a screw to turn

Odd name for good lady, chain catcher :laugh:

Dont give Carl a screwdriver, Its the equivalent giving Bob a law book :tongue:

Top Bottom