Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

theboxers

TheBoxers on Cycle Sim sw
3600 miles or so miles this year. 200+ hours. A lot less than what I aimed for but still a step up from last year.

I've just completed my Everest challenge on Zwift. Now on to the tron bike challenge. About 5k ft to do on the wahoo mission, hope to complete it by closing day.

Just doing free rides at the moment not racing. I will start my next workout plan on the 31st of december, kick the new year off knackered.

Last edited:
Screenshot_2018-12-20-06-59-59.png Screenshot_2018-12-20-06-59-53.png View attachment 443233 View attachment 443234
When checking I was surprised. Then I realized it must count Zwift as outdoors.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
It looks like you’re still doing around 20% outside so there is still hope for you :smile:. Although without May and June that would be much lower. But I think some of these guys have forgotten how to put the rear wheel on the bike. And that’s if they knew in the first place! :laugh:

As you may recall, I got (sort of) pneumonia from start June until sometime in July, otherwise I would have put in more K’s, primarily outdoors.
Switching between the Direto and the Bkool at least once per week, there’s no chance I forget how put on/remove the rear wheel. :smile:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Raced tonight. Started off with strong legs, but chest still not playing ball. After 20 mins had to bail from my group and take it easy. I latched on to a slower group and rode OK with them. Last time out of the Piccadilly tunnel I let them go over the top as they were clearly looking to push on and I didn't want to stress my chest again. Overall my times and power were not too bad. Looking forward to my chest recovering :tongue:

As for ToL, I know now I won't be able to finish this. I'll rest again tomorrow (and maybe Saturday too) and look to do a ride on Sunday make up day.

JuhaL

Guru
I ride today 2 laps of Greatest London Flat which ToL stage 5 route as well. I just test it how it goes on my own without full effort. It was 1h19min without lead-in distance, hope i get same time tomorrow with lead-in distance which is 7,4km longer distance.

berty bassett

Legendary Member
I always have it 100% ? Never think to change it. Is that wrong ?

Whorty

Doing the 1 lap ToL which would be 110% effort and I'll see how it feels with my trainer difficulty set lower.
At 50%, certainly on the flat courses, you can do the whole ride in the front big ring. You'll probably be able to do hillier courses at 50% too, but for me I have to knock it down to about 20% :laugh:

Whorty

I always have it 100% ? Never think to change it. Is that wrong ?
I guess if you're good at gear changing, then no ... but I'm shyte at gear changing and always dropping my chain if I have to go from big to small (or vice versa) in front. I do it purely to ensure I can do the ride in the big front chain.

kipster

Guru
I've got 128 miles to do to hit 5000, at this year of year it's about a 50/50 split on turbo/outside rides, I reckon I'm probably 3800 outside / 1200 turbo overall. Of the 128 left I hope that at least 80 will be outside.

I have recently changed the saddle on the bike I use on the turbo, it had a 6 year old San Marco that had turned into a torture implement, just put an ism saddle on as it was gathering dust and now 90 minutes fly by without any discomfort.

Last edited:

kipster

Guru
I guess if you're good at gear changing, then no ... but I'm shyte at gear changing and always dropping my chain if I have to go from big to small (or vice versa) in front. I do it purely to ensure I can do the ride in the big front chain.

Sound like you indexing is way out, I drop a chain perhaps once a year.

Top Bottom