Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
One of our club members has just completed Wembo 24hr MTB today. He came 16th in a world series :okay::notworthy:

He's the same young man who took the club 12hr distance record which stood since 1965

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm just catching up, so this may have been answered in other posts. If you treat this as a race, then the plan is to draft (sandbag) as much as you can. The hard bit is to stay with fast groups when you hit inclines and changes of pace. So much of it is not about steady state power but ability to go above threshold and recover time after time.

If you are riding with a group of buddies etc then sandbagging is not quite so acceptable :smile:

On the last ToC I drafted as much as I could (and even encouraged @CXRAndy to work for us :smile: but couldn't stay with some of the faster groups I was in once we hit gradients.

Your normal mph average is interesting but you'll go much faster especially on this sort of ride - as there is no need to ever stop for the whole 100 miles. No traffic, no junctions, traffic lights etc to worry about.
What do you mean, no need to stop ...... did you not read there was cake on offer?!? :hyper: Free cake :mrpig:

Whorty

:laugh:

Well... the good news is you’re not alone apparently!

Just in case there is any misunderstanding I’ve not actually dismissed either option. And @Whorty in particular, I hope I didn’t offend you. But... I’ll call things up when I think they’re based on weak information. No one has said anything to convince me either way to be honest. I guess I like to deal in facts. Decisions based on poor information will invariably often be poor decisions. So I like to see evidence of something before I’ll form an opinion.

Uclown highlighted the fact the the information on the screen often bares little relation to what’s going on from one moment to the next. So really what you / we would need to do would be to set up a controlled experiment to prove it either way. Speculating on how hard the guy on the front might be trying, or speculating how many watts it ‘should’ take to catch a group at a given speed is just that, speculation! Not evidence.

But don’t let me stop you ^_^
Nope, all good :hugs:

Whorty

For dedicated training-Trainer Road

Overall,does everything very well- Zwift
Not used TR for training sessions, but I must admit I do enjoy the Zwift training sessions. Is there a big difference/benefit of the TR sessions over what Zwift offers?

berty bassett

Legendary Member
If you could only choose 1 between Zwift, TR, Bkool, Sufferfest, which would it be & why?
again with the depends what you want
me personally zwift and occasionally brvr and tried virtugo what has potential
zwift has just started getting interesting in the racing side
on saying that - if bkool ever got to running properly i would do just that as it has everything but just doesn't work at the moment
used trainer road and sufferfest many moons ago so might be changed now but didn't like them then
must admit i am not one for following set regimes in training and take the more If i feel like it approach

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Not used TR for training sessions, but I must admit I do enjoy the Zwift training sessions. Is there a big difference/benefit of the TR sessions over what Zwift offers?

Lars see below

The difference is, and I'm guessing here. TR has a vast portfolio of training routines, from a less than an hour to 6 hours in duration. They have a proven record of improving a riders power/endurance/sprint.

I run TR which controls the Kickr and Zwift as the visual entertainment for multi hour sessions. You need two Ant+ dongles to do it.

TR runs in a minimal window at the bottom of the screen and Zwift full screen. The instructions TR have are overlayed in the middle of the Zwift screen.

Unpair the controllable trainer in the Zwift setup page, TR is doing that. Leave the power paired so you can Zwift workout your speed. You will be riding in ERG mode virtually all the time so can't race with others in Zwift

Last edited:
What do you mean, no need to stop ...... did you not read there was cake on offer?!? :hyper: Free cake :mrpig:

This was one of 3 stops for me. I think I may have put on weight during the ToC

Attachments

• 201EF6E2-7CFD-40C5-9EED-2A84D7854EA3.png
    201EF6E2-7CFD-40C5-9EED-2A84D7854EA3.png
    370.9 KB · Views: 24

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
I should add, that when I ride in the Bkool Simlulator, the data going to Strava comes from my Garmin Edge, and it of course doesn't detect any elevation changes. So all the Bkool rides on Strava are "pancake flat" so to speak.

Why don’t you have Bkool linked to strava?

<Tommy>

Illegitimi non carborundum
Bkool for spectators stood in the middle of lakes, Zwift and bigringvr for everything else!

I can’t do trainerroad. Just different strokes for different folks I think. You do get a feeling if achievement when you complete a tough workout tough.

Milzy

Guru
Bkool for spectators stood in the middle of lakes, Zwift and bigringvr for everything else!

I can’t do trainerroad. Just different strokes for different folks I think. You do get a feeling if achievement when you complete a tough workout tough.
I have a months free trail of TacX software but it may be a little dull in comparison to Zwift.

Brusgaard

Über Guru
Why don’t you have Bkool linked to strava?

Well, I didn't sign up to Strava before this year, as it was a requirement for ZwiftPower. Since I stopped uploading my outdoor rides to Bkool 2 years ago, I wanted to keep indoor rides separate from outdoor rides as to keep track of what was what. So today I have automatic sync from my Garmin Edge to Garmin Connect which syncs with Strava, manual upload from Zwift to Bkool, manual upload from Zwift, Bkool and my Garmin Edge (outdoor rides) to Endomondo. Already this poses a problem as my Zwift rides both sync from the Edge (via Garmin Connect) and Zwift to Strava. So I have to manually delete the Garmin one, which of course doesn't have data about elevation, route etc.

Top Bottom