Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Alex isn't cruel enough to make us do it more than once Peter....:stop:

You're damn right about that :laugh:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Do you know what? After reading @Legs previous post yesterday I have to admit that that exact thought did cross my mind.
Still mulling it though. It's an option.

As you'd (I assume) set it as a TT with no drafting, do you have the ability as an admin to have it as an open pen, so all riders are visible? I guess that may not count towards the league, but could be fun.

alex_cycles

Veteran
And up to the radio tower? I hate that last steep section to the radio tower....

Nope - it ends about 100m after the Epic banner. No radio tower. Main reason is that it would be too long a race for the E pen.
(That's my story and I'm sticking to it :laugh: )

alex_cycles

Veteran
As you'd (I assume) set it as a TT with no drafting, do you have the ability as an admin to have it as an open pen, so all riders are visible? I guess that may not count towards the league, but could be fun.

I was actually thinking about whether to make it a drafting race. I don't have the all pens together option - would need Zwift intervention for that, but I think I have seen a draft On/OFF toggle. Still thinking it through

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Today's workout sweet spot with 1 min HIT. No actual recovery time, either SS immediately followed by HIT
Crumbled penultimate block, ground my way through to finish with 500W sprint

1000016253.jpg

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Another race simulation

Crumbled on one HIT segment with 20s recovery in-between. I needed 45-60s recovery to be able to complete the second segment. I like how Zwift knows you're dieing and disables erg to release the pressure on the pedals. I recovered to finish strong on the remaining segments
1000016266.jpg

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
... doesn't bode particularly well for my hill-climb at Riber on Sunday morning...
Oh, Riber! Matt and I recce'd the course and parked at the top, in the pi55ing rain and howling winds, and, rather than riding down (because at very low speeds my brakes judder a little), I decided to take my shoes off and walk down. Got a bit freaked out by seeing riders losing traction and crashing going uphill... I didn't really warm up properly and was shivering on the start line. I was quite careful not to push too hard early on, because it gets super-steep in the second half. I really struggled with wheelspin, being reduced to a standstill four times, and was really just relieved to get up - my time of 5:04 (25th/43) was 40s slower than my Spindata predicted time. Matt's only just got over a bout of Covid so wasn't expecting anything more from the weekend than a good time with my family, so he was quite phlegmatic about his 5:02 (22nd).

We went to my boss's house in Matlock afterwards for a cup of coffee and ham sandwiches, because the afternoon race didn't start until 2pm. Steve and his wife, Collette, were fantastically hospitable and came out to cheer us on in the afternoon. Bank Road is a much shorter climb - much more my scene! The sun had come out, and I got a decent warmup, including riding the climb a couple of times. I spotted my colleague Ben at the pub, three-quarters of the way up, just where the road pitches up a bit more. Because I'm an idiot, I forgot to reset my Garmin until I was under the starter's orders, then freaked out a bit when it said that it needed to run an update, so I rode the event without a Garmin trace (so although I put it onto Strava as a manual activity, it didn't really happen). I was able to get the bit between my teeth, and feel that I managed my effort really well, and got up in 2:16 for 18th place (3rd vet) in a strong field. Matt did 2:28 for 31st, at an average of 483W, which suggests that my power was about 545W - a massive best for this interval. The Nationals next year are on a slightly extended version of this course - the crowds are going to be spectacular!

13 rider

Guru
I nearly crashed doing the Ribor climb ,on one of the steep hairpins I got out of the saddle lost traction as I sat down I pulled up on the bars popped a wheelie and steered sharp left just held it up , Did you start somewhere near the town and do the long drag first then the hairpins ?

Top Bottom