Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I really don't care what you do, that's obviously entirely up to you, but I am quite interested (at the moment anyway!) in the nonsense you keep writing and trying to balance it out with some facts.

And you've done it again in this post - you're saying things about ZRS that aren't true because despite what you said previously you still don't understand it. And you have an incredible lack of curiosity - you love to pick out what looks like a potentially odd result and confidently claim it backs up your point when you've either misunderstood something or a few seconds of looking slightly deeper will explain it. Which is exactly what you've done below.

Yes, if you do actually understand the basics of ZRS, and you employ a tiny bit of curiosity to the results you're picking out, it is completely logical.

Firstly, it appears that at the moment scores in races go up for the top half of finishers and down for the bottom half, (with some extra bonus for the podium). The arrows you see next to a rider's score simply tells you how their score has moved since their last race. So if they are in the bottom half and their score went up, that just means their seed score went up at some point between their last race and this one, increasing their ZRS. It will have gone back down in this race, but shows as an up arrow because their score is now still higher than it was in their last race.

The person who came 2nd and is still 60 points away from that 350 boundary - a quick look shows it's his first race on Zwift since April so no previous 90 day power to base an accurate seed score on going into this race. So he started with a low seed score and has increased it in this race which will accelerate him moving up if he keeps finishing high up (although if you had your way and got rid of the 90 day rolling seed score he'd take much longer to move up to where he should be of course).

The person who came 31st was already right on the cusp of the Cat boundary of 350 - he was previously at 349 and increased by just 2 points for coming well within the top 27% of finishers. Others who finished above him with lower scores are obviosuly in the process of moving up (or just had a one-off really good race for them). Some people are inevitably on the boundary of categories, there's nothing illogical about that.

All perfectly logical and took a couple of minutes to see.

No point debating with you Paul - you claim to know what you're talking about and I'm afraid I disagree. It's great you support this system, I however remain unconvinced. My post about the ride yesterday didn't moan about ZRS, in fact the opposite in many ways as I had a fun ride with a couple of others and used the way ZRS works to my advantage.

Please stop replying to my posts and trying to pick a fight about ZRS, I'm not interested and neither is anyone else. Even I'm getting bored of it now.

bridgy

Legendary Member
No point debating with you Paul - you claim to know what you're talking about and I'm afraid I disagree. It's great you support this system, I however remain unconvinced. My post about the ride yesterday didn't moan about ZRS, in fact the opposite in many ways as I had a fun ride with a couple of others and used the way ZRS works to my advantage.

Please stop replying to my posts and trying to pick a fight about ZRS, I'm not interested and neither is anyone else. Even I'm getting bored of it now.

Your posts are on a public forum. You can post what you like and I can and will reply to whatever I like, thanks.

And you don't speak for everyone else - I'm sure they're capable of deciding for themselves what they are or aren't interested in - and if they're not interested in my or your posts they can just ignore them, that's fine.

Replying to you when you've misunderstood something or got something wrong isn't picking a fight. (Telling me what I can or can't reply to is kind of picking a fight though by the way). Personally I'd be quite grateful if someone picked up on the fact I was misunderstanding something and corrected me so I could learn and better understand it - I certainly wouldn't accuse them of picking a fight with me for doing it!

P.S. I never said your post yesterday moaned about ZRS, I just said it was hilarious (because of the irony) so I don't know why you've said that

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Your posts are on a public forum. You can post what you like and I can and will reply to whatever I like, thanks.

And you don't speak for everyone else - I'm sure they're capable of deciding for themselves what they are or aren't interested in - and if they're not interested in my or your posts they can just ignore them, that's fine.

Replying to you when you've misunderstood something or got something wrong isn't picking a fight. (Telling me what I can or can't reply to is kind of picking a fight though by the way). Personally I'd be quite grateful if someone picked up on the fact I was misunderstanding something and corrected me so I could learn and better understand it - I certainly wouldn't accuse them of picking a fight with me for doing it!

P.S. I never said your post yesterday moaned about ZRS, I just said it was hilarious (because of the irony) so I don't know why you've said that

ok :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
In other news I'm being pressured by my son to sign up for a Sprint Triathlon with him next May 😱

Obviosuly this would be a ridiculous thing to do (I rarely swim and haven't run for a couple of years) - has anyone else got any triathlon experience to share? Please feel free to reinforce my instinct that I really should not consider this!

mjd1988

Guru
In other news I'm being pressured by my son to sign up for a Sprint Triathlon with him next May 😱

Obviosuly this would be a ridiculous thing to do (I rarely swim and haven't run for a couple of years) - has anyone else got any triathlon experience to share? Please feel free to reinforce my instinct that I really should not consider this!

Would definitely practice bricks a couple of times (cycling then running is weird on the legs) but then I'd focus on swimming! Just make sure you get around safe as the other two legs will be grand

bridgy

Legendary Member
Would definitely practice bricks a couple of times (cycling then running is weird on the legs) but then I'd focus on swimming! Just make sure you get around safe as the other two legs will be grand

A few years ago I did do a duathlon which was run-bike-run so I know what you mean, and I did practice running straight after a ride a few times. I did actually quite enjoy the duathlon but I was running regularly then. And it was just before covid lockdowns (March 2020) so everything like that obviously immediately stopped for a while after that anyway and it went off my radar.

I also found my cycling suffered when running regularly as it took so long for my legs to recover after each run so I think that's one of the reasons I stopped doing it.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Didn't cock up the pacing too badly in my Bologna TT last night. For the first time for a long time, I managed to rein myself in and did less than 300W average for the flat/downhilll first 6km, then had a little bit more to give on the hill. Still blew up quite spectacularly, which doesn't bode particularly well for my hill-climb at Riber on Sunday morning, but it resulted in a 15s improvement.
1729175574425.png

1729175586961.png

1729175492377.png

Attachments

• 1729175556905.png
    1729175556905.png
    1.7 KB · Views: 2
Top Bottom