Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
I think these guys were heavier than me so my 3.1 and weight against there power would have been interesting and very painful I guess , I'd even reconned the route

You can get a fairly good idea of their REAL climbing w/kg if you take their raw Watts and divide by weight + 9 kg to correct for bike weight.
Then if you compare that figure with your watts/(weight + 9) you'll get a fairly useful comparison.

So for me at 67 kg I managed 231w for 20 today so that would be 231/67=3.45 normally, but bike weight corrected 231/(67+9)=3.04

alex_cycles

Veteran
10th/20 - the elastic to the front group snapped for me with about 1km left to go of the climbing. Got to the top with one other rider who I somehow managed to drop while super-tucking the descent (he must be kicking himself - or he should be!). Then in trying to hold that guy off on the flat, I started chasing down a group of 3 who were 15 seconds up the road and got to within 4 seconds, but the finish came too soon!

Enjoyable race - you get pretty decent numbers for the evening events now don't you?

Yes EMEA is looking very good. It's such a shame evening races don't suit me.
Although I do enjoy small races, it's much more of a roll of the dice. We started with 7, dropped 2 quickly. 1 more quit at the start of the climbs, which left us with 4 going up.

1 more got dropped in the last few hundred metres of the climb. I sprinted into super-tuck, as did the Japanese guy who stuck with me and we got 6s on the other guy. He caught us back up but it cost him at the end.

@bridgy you're doing well. Your league is updated
Screen Shot 2024-10-15 at 19.57.49.png

https://zwiftpower.com/league.php?id=2395

bridgy

Legendary Member
Although I do enjoy small races, it's much more of a roll of the dice. We started with 7, dropped 2 quickly. 1 more quit at the start of the climbs, which left us with 4 going up.

1 more got dropped in the last few hundred metres of the climb. I sprinted into super-tuck, as did the Japanese guy who stuck with me and we got 6s on the other guy. He caught us back up but it cost him at the end.

View attachment 749285

Oh cool - and that guy ahead of me is the one I dropped on the descent - even better!

bridgy

Legendary Member

View attachment 749285

How does it work with the league tables when you alternate the cat boundaries and some people stay in Cat B for example and others go up or down a Cat? (Sorry, you've probably explained this all before!)

alex_cycles

Veteran
How does it work with the league tables when you alternate the cat boundaries and some people stay in Cat B for example and others go up or down a Cat? (Sorry, you've probably explained this all before!)

So we have 4 races each month Flat, Rolling, Hilly (this week), Mountainous (next week).

Then next month the League resets and we shift the boundaries up 50 to rotate things around so nobody ends up always being the hammer or the nail (in theory, anyway). The idea is it's short and sweet. (Did similar with the Friday smash)

This month we have a 5th week to play with. It probably won't count towards the league but I'm trying to think of something fun we could do with it.

bridgy

Legendary Member
So we have 4 races each month Flat, Rolling, Hilly (this week), Mountainous (next week).

Then next month the League resets and we shift the boundaries up 50 to rotate things around so nobody ends up always being the hammer or the nail (in theory, anyway). The idea is it's short and sweet. (Did similar with the Friday smash)

This month we have a 5th week to play with. It probably won't count towards the league but I'm trying to think of something fun we could do with it.

Ah I see - sorry I misunderstood where it says the cat boundaries alternate I thought that meant per race, but I see it means per month. That makes a lot more sense ^_^

Top Bottom