Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Have fun. That's exactly what I did for my first IV experience. 30 is long though.

Now you tell me :laugh:
I lasted 8 laps before my legs gave up and I was eliminated - but something to target next time :training: So easy to set up a ride too, easy to configure - I have a very low attention span and even I managed to set it up in a few minutes :biggrin:

I like the points aspect side of it. Be interesting to get a team event on that and a league with points. Just not sure the platform is going to take off though. It works, great HUD, not that different a feel to Zwift in many ways, but so sparce of real users even though it's free.

JuhaL

Guru
Need to repeat my ramp test some other day. About week ago I did ramp lite test but I didn't realize it will end after 250w when you do that first time. Not for sure how much further I would manage to pedal after that but that first attempt ended little bit too soon. So looking forward next attempt.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Now you tell me :laugh:
I lasted 8 laps before my legs gave up and I was eliminated - but something to target next time :training: So easy to set up a ride too, easy to configure - I have a very low attention span and even I managed to set it up in a few minutes :biggrin:

I think I did 20 first time and thereafter I prefer about 15. How much surge and recovery can you handle?
It's damn good fun though isn't it?

I like the points aspect side of it. Be interesting to get a team event on that and a league with points. Just not sure the platform is going to take off though. It works, great HUD, not that different a feel to Zwift in many ways, but so sparce of real users even though it's free.

I set up a couple of Omnium events earlier in the year. They were great fun https://cyclopathy.com/omnium/

But if we can get a few of us together we could do a human-only elimination race or something.

Whorty

I think I did 20 first time and thereafter I prefer about 15. How much surge and recovery can you handle?
It's damn good fun though isn't it?

I set up a couple of Omnium events earlier in the year. They were great fun https://cyclopathy.com/omnium/

But if we can get a few of us together we could do a human-only elimination race or something.

I wasn't able to surge at all - cardio fitness is really poor at the moment. All I could really do was draft a group of bots that were dropped by the other 20 odd bots. I have a lot of work to do if I want to get anywhere near where I was 18 months ago. I'm definitely only a 2.7 w/kg FTP rider at best (about 230 watts at my 83 kg).

I'd be up for a bit of free fun on Indie - anything that will motivate me to get a bit fitter :whistle:

JuhaL

Guru
My HRM problems came back tonight ,waiting warranty replacement from wahoo so tried to get old one to work for tonights race , somehow managed to get into the pen when it failed and I got kicked out (rightly so) shame as the course suited me

Can we say these days which HRM is any better any other?. I have now Garmin HRM-Pro Plus which better designed than previous model. Battery cover is much better now, no need to use small screws anymore. Currently I have used Polar H10 HRM for a Cardiologist request to have some date for my arrhythmia issues. I manage to record those issues and next Monday I have a meeting with Cardiologist so he can see that data.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Signed up for your cyopathon race tonight @alex_cycles before really noticing the profile! Looks like it will be good for a new 10 minute power 90 day PB if nothing else!

I did it this morning. 4 minute and 7 minute climbs with a very little respite in between. At least you get to go down the grade for your reward though :laugh:

I'll update your League once the E pen has finished.

Whorty

My HRM problems came back tonight ,waiting warranty replacement from wahoo so tried to get old one to work for tonights race , somehow managed to get into the pen when it failed and I got kicked out (rightly so) shame as the course suited me

I had a look on ZP live and saw you stationery so figured you'd had a problem. That's a shame as a drag climb like that would have been perfect for you. Very frustrating mate.

13 rider

Guru
Can we say these days which HRM is any better any other?. I have now Garmin HRM-Pro Plus which better designed than previous model. Battery cover is much better now, no need to use small screws anymore. Currently I have used Polar H10 HRM for a Cardiologist request to have some date for my arrhythmia issues. I manage to record those issues and next Monday I have a meeting with Cardiologist so he can see that data.
Well my wahoos are ok when there working 😁 ,but I'd had 2 die now due to sweat ingress despite detaching from the band and storing it battery compartment down on a towel

Whorty

I have a relatively cheap Rythmn (now called Coolio or some such) off Amazon. Had it for years, not missed a beat. Only had to replace the velcro strap, works a treat.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I did it this morning. 4 minute and 7 minute climbs with a very little respite in between. At least you get to go down the grade for your reward though :laugh:

I'll update your League once the E pen has finished.

10th/20 - the elastic to the front group snapped for me with about 1km left to go of the climbing. Got to the top with one other rider who I somehow managed to drop while super-tucking the descent (he must be kicking himself - or he should be!). Then in trying to hold that guy off on the flat, I started chasing down a group of 3 who were 15 seconds up the road and got to within 4 seconds, but the finish came too soon!

Enjoyable race - you get pretty decent numbers for the evening events now don't you?

Top Bottom