Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
But I will talk about it if when I want to and I hope you will too Alex as you often have really good points to make and I'm sure I'm not alone in valuing your insight. It's a real shame if the whinging puts people like you off having any sensible and constructive discussion about it, but I appreciate how you feel.

I agree 100%. Not trying to tell people what they can and can't say. I don't own the forum, so that would be Waaaaaaay above my pay-grade :laugh:

Some of the time I have enjoyed the discussion, but it feels sometimes as if we're stuck in the same spin-cycle going round and round.
(But to be fair, I think that's exactly where ZRS is at while the dearth of data becomes populated).

I will chip in when there's something new to add. (Been a bit stressed and grumpy recently as I'm dealing with my mum's financial affairs, probate etc. and that's not the best fun thing in life).

Stepping away from a discussion is what I do to avoid saying something I would later regret and probably wouldn't really mean anyway ^_^

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I agree 100%. Not trying to tell people what they can and can't say. I don't own the forum, so that would be Waaaaaaay above my pay-grade :laugh:

Some of the time I have enjoyed the discussion, but it feels sometimes as if we're stuck in the same spin-cycle going round and round.
(But to be fair, I think that's exactly where ZRS is at while the dearth of data becomes populated).

I will chip in when there's something new to add. (Been a bit stressed and grumpy recently as I'm dealing with my mum's financial affairs, probate etc. and that's not the best fun thing in life).

Stepping away from a discussion is what I do to avoid saying something I would later regret and probably wouldn't really mean anyway ^_^

You get paid? :laugh:

Sorry to hear about your Mom @alex_cycles , dealing with grief itself is hard enough, then the probate and paperwork on top is not nice. Sending big man hugs :smooch:

I do get everyone's frustrations with ZRS and the discussion, it's very divisive and I wasn't trying to be a dick (well, no more than normal anyway). As it has hit me so much personally I was really trying to highlight how (in my very humble opinion) it's flawed, or at least the seeding is (again in my opinion and for me personally :biggrin: ). But I totally accept others see it differently and that's ok too :cheers: It may come across that I'm frustrated with it, and I was 4 weeks ago when it first came out, but now I'm amused by it.

One thing I am intrigued by, and will probably find out today or tomorrow - and that is, does our 'floor' change as previous best 90 day power goes from our stats? My 30 second sprint that we think contributed to my high ZRS score (although Zwift claimed that the 30 second data wasn't as significant as the 10 minute data :wacko: ) has gone and my new sprint best is waaaay lower (no one to sprint against when you're 7 minutes behind). So has this lowered my floor or do I still have the original floor. Zwift (via Eric S) seemed to suggest the floor is fixed, but someone on a FB chat said theirs reduced as old power data lapsed. My previous floor was 338 and I'm at 349 today so very feasible for me to drop below that today if the floor is reset.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yeah fair enough - and just for the record I didn't interpret what you said as telling anyone else what they could/couldn't say. Just thought it a shame that you (and perhaps others) felt put off from commenting

True!

Very sensible - I could probably take that advice myself sometimes!

Whorty

Yeah fair enough - and just for the record I didn't interpret what you said as telling anyone else what they could/couldn't say. Just thought it a shame that you (and perhaps others) felt put off from commenting

True!

Very sensible - I could probably take that advice myself sometimes!

But also, debate is good and it's ok not to agree with everyone all the time. Imagine how dull life would be if we all agreed ! Nothing wrong with a bit of banter, I certainly don't take anything personally and I hope no one else on here does :cheers:

13 rider

Guru
Wishing you well @alex_cycles , I watched your abandon live stream the other day and was concerned to what you had going on in the back ground . Having gone through what your dealing with 3 years ago including selling mum's house where I was living there is light at the end of the tunnel you just have to wade through treacle to get but get there you do

alex_cycles

Veteran
But also, debate is good and it's ok not to agree with everyone all the time. Imagine how dull life would be if we all agreed ! Nothing wrong with a bit of banter, I certainly don't take anything personally and I hope no one else on here does :cheers:

I disagree :laugh:

Regarding your other comment about floor (floor being 15% below seed). I think when your 90 day power highs expire your new floor should adjust. More specifically I think the seed adjusts and the floor is 85% of seed. But that's semantics.
But I'm not 100% sure, and it may have changed since I read that originally. Who knows? :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member
One thing I am intrigued by, and will probably find out today or tomorrow - and that is, does our 'floor' change as previous best 90 day power goes from our stats?
My understanding is your seed score is based on your 90 day power (30s and 10 mins) so yes, as old activities that included your best efforts for those durations drop off the past 90 days, your seed score will adjust accordingly
My 30 second sprint that we think contributed to my high ZRS score (although Zwift claimed that the 30 second data wasn't as significant as the 10 minute data :wacko: ) has gone and my new sprint best is waaaay lower (no one to sprint against when you're 7 minutes behind).
It definitely would have contributed - 30s, and 10 min power and weight are the only 3 metrics they used for seed score. It was weighted more towards 10 minutes but as literally the only other contributing power factor its bound to have an effect
So has this lowered my floor or do I still have the original floor. Zwift (via Eric S) seemed to suggest the floor is fixed, but someone on a FB chat said theirs reduced as old power data lapsed.
Can you point to where Eric S suggested your seed floor was fixed for ever? That sounds crazy to me

Venod

Eh up
I did a group ride this morning so people with different ZRS the bloke next to me in Zwift Power table was my age group, so I had a nosey at his ZRS score, it was 2 the lowest I have ever seen, don't know how they came up with that.

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Wishing you well @alex_cycles , I watched your abandon live stream the other day and was concerned to what you had going on in the back ground . Having gone through what your dealing with 3 years ago including selling mum's house where I was living there is light at the end of the tunnel you just have to wade through treacle to get but get there you do

Somehow I thought that going for a huge effort on Sgurr South would be a sensible thing to do instead of a race. Maybe I went out a bit hot at the start, but I certainly blew up and felt the legs burning about half-way up and decided it was a bad idea. I'll be back to try that one again another time.

alex_cycles

Veteran
I did a group ride this morning so people with different ZRS the bloke next to me in Zwift Power table was my age group, so I had a nosey at his ZRS score, it was 2 the lowest I have ever seen, don't know how they came up with that.

2 is what you get when you have insufficient data in the system. Have they actually raced?

Whorty

My understanding is your seed score is based on your 90 day power (30s and 10 mins) so yes, as old activities that included your best efforts for those durations drop off the past 90 days, your seed score will adjust accordingly

It definitely would have contributed - 30s, and 10 min power and weight are the only 3 metrics they used for seed score. It was weighted more towards 10 minutes but as literally the only other contributing power factor its bound to have an effect

Can you point to where Eric S suggested your seed floor was fixed for ever? That sounds crazy to me

Exactly, but there are a number of inconsistencies with the write up that it's not totally clear (https://zwiftinsider.com/zrs-faq-deep-dive/) - they talk of the seed and not allowing anyone to go below 15% of the seed but they also talk of tweaking the seed in future and possibly allowing the floor to drop lower.
To me, a seed is a starting point. It doesn't change. Simple. But they talk like the 'seed' is actually a moving beast based on possibly 90 days, possible up to a year depending on the data. So it's not really a 'seed' it's the current baseline prediction based on 30 second, 10 minute and weight of the rider. So their model is continuosly tweaking our seed? Surely all that's needed once a rider starts to ride with their seed is results based movements?
And this is where there is still a lot of noise - Zwift are not clear what is going on, Eric (to me) didn't clear anything up, and riders are confused and frustrated.
Maybe they should stop calling it a seed and call it something else, but if it's moving daily based on power numbers then it's not a seed.
Anyway, race time, let's see how far my ZRS can drop today :biggrin:

Top Bottom