Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
8E607A37-0A03-44D3-B72E-B0777E7BA83B.jpeg

This was only halfway up!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I think I found one of my Bkool super days

Bkool wild power.jpg

Ave 418W for 45 mins :laugh:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Looks like I've killed another wahoo tickr HRM , corroded battery again . What's the consensus on a reliable HRM for both indoor and outdoor riding .
Alex will I be dq for no HRM tomorrow night if I race ?

Not DQ but it probably won't let you in the pen as it's set as a requirement I think. Have you got anything else you can use or cobble together?
I've had great experience with the Garmin HRM Dual. Panasonic battery lasts over a year of daily use. I think it's on the third battery now.

mjd1988

Guru
Looks like I've killed another wahoo tickr HRM , corroded battery again . What's the consensus on a reliable HRM for both indoor and outdoor riding .

I have a usb charged hrm. I tend to have to charge it about 5 minutes before every race for some reason but it's still more reliable than any lithium ion battery one I've had.

Venod

Eh up
Have you a wrist watch with HRM ? that should work if you set it to broadcast HR. Won't be as accurate as a chest strap but will comply with the requirements.

13 rider

Guru
Have you a wrist watch with HRM ? that should work if you set it to broadcast HR. Won't be as accurate as a chest strap but will comply with the requirements.
No I don't use any fitness type devices for anything other than cycling , I think my HRM does start up so it may register to get me to the start ,if don't it not the end of the world if I don't race .
I have a usb charged hrm. I tend to have to charge it about 5 minutes before every race for some reason but it's still more reliable than any lithium ion battery one I've had.
Both my last 2 wahoo HRM have failed due to sweat ingress into the battery compartment so a more sealed unit may be the answer

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
I went from Garmin over to Wahoo HRMs but rather quickly moved back to Garmin after several failed Wahoo Tickr’s. One under warranty but second failed just outside the warranty period. I did briefly use a Magene but it wasn’t giving a reliable output - good enough to pass the Zwift sniff test but I knew it was off. I’ve been on the same Garmin now for the last 24 months or more with no issues (touches wood)

Venod

Eh up
I went from Garmin over to Wahoo HRMs but rather quickly moved back to Garmin after several failed Wahoo Tickr’s. One under warranty but second failed just outside the warranty period. I did briefly use a Magene but it wasn’t giving a reliable output - good enough to pass the Zwift sniff test but I knew it was off. I’ve been on the same Garmin now for the last 24 months or more with no issues (touches wood)
I had a lot of trouble with Garmin HRM's so went with Wahoo, which has been fine and I am very sweaty, the strap on the Wahoo disintegrated so I use an old Garmin Strap with the bit cut out between the studs, never had trouble with sweat ingress which I find surprising reading all the trouble others have had. My lad has Garmin which he is very happy with, so it looks as if they have improved since I ditched them,

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
No I don't use any fitness type devices for anything other than cycling , I think my HRM does start up so it may register to get me to the start ,if don't it not the end of the world if I don't race .

Both my last 2 wahoo HRM have failed due to sweat ingress into the battery compartment so a more sealed unit may be the answer

I have something like this (I think it’s a Rythm or something, was recommended by someone on here years ago). Got to be over 5 years old and still going strong.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fitness-Tracker-Monitor-Waterproof-Bluetooth/dp/B07HR6QXDZ

Norry1

Legendary Member

I killed loads and now have a Coospo. One thing it told me to do is always take the HR bit off the chest strap. I do this every ride now and it has been spot on so far. May be the same is needed for the Tickr?

Whorty

I killed loads and now have a Coospo. One thing it told me to do is always take the HR bit off the chest strap. I do this every ride now and it has been spot on so far. May be the same is needed for the Tickr?

i linked to the arm band version - had mine years and only thing that I've had to change is the strap as the velcro went. Been spot on and so much cheaper than branded versions :okay:

Whorty

@alex_cycles @13 rider I'm signed up for tonight :wahhey:

In yesterday's Innsbruck race I held on to the lead pack to the foot of the Legsnapper where I was dropped. 3 riders caught me, then dropped me on the second time up the 'snapper but my aim was to hang on to leaders to the climb so I achieved my target. Too much in the red then and legs were a little shot.
Will be the same tonight, hang on to Libby and then see where I am when I've crested the final climb and through the start/finish banner. I hate that long drag to the banner in Richmond, too long a climb for me so I'm always on my limit. Hopefully I can grab a wheel or too but you should be long gone by then Phil :notworthy::bicycle::cheers:

Top Bottom