Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Do you ever have those sessions where the first part feels so tough, you think you couldn't do another one, but somehow manage to complete the workout?

Well that was today's workout -

View: https://youtu.be/n1EJgdkfND8?si=oGrRMCoBWPq1m1Ju

Me yesterday - did a VO2 max workout. Was struggling in the warm up/priming sections. The 6 x VO2 max sections were at 275 watts for 2 minutes. I managed the first 2 then had to reduce the effort by 10% to 250 watts for goes 3, 4 and 5. I pushed it back up to 260 watts for the last effort.
My target now is to try the same workout again in a few weeks and see if I can do more of the efforts at 100%

I'd forgot how painful workouts could be, nowhere to hide!

Whorty

Do you ever have those sessions where the first part feels so tough, you think you couldn't do another one, but somehow manage to complete the workout?

Just looked at the power requirements for this workout, that's brutal!

JuhaL

Guru

When I'm digging my deepest memories I can remember few of those. Next few weeks or maybe few months my plan is to make zone2 training sessions which are at least 2hr long. If I have enough time I might do 3hr sessions if my butt will last that kind of indoor torture.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've finished structured training, and racing, for this season and the next Season will probably begin for me 1st December when I'll get back on a plan.

In the next few weeks I'll be chasing my Power PB's and KOM's as well as some Zwift racing.

JuhaL

Guru
My only plans are now to build myself to better shape for a next summer. I don't have Strava account anymore so I ignore all the PB's and KOM's for now.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Since one of the recent updates I've noticed steering isn't working for me any more (on a Tacx Neo Smart Bike).

Anyone know why that might be and what I can do to fix it? To be clear, it's showing as connected in the pairing screen, just not working in-game

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
When I'm digging my deepest memories I can remember few of those. Next few weeks or maybe few months my plan is to make zone2 training sessions which are at least 2hr long. If I have enough time I might do 3hr sessions if my butt will last that kind of indoor torture.

Do you have a rocker board Juha ?

Just adding my 2 cents. Like Whorty I used the Bkool trainer to get ready for the double devil in Wales. I was completely unprepared for those hills and bailed at the first food stop. The problem was in order to estimate the watts it used some algorithm that gave me the idea I could climb 12% grades easily.
However now almost no one in the Bkool cyclechat league is using the Bkool trainer. My Neo lets me know I’m still a slug going up hills.
Everyone is welcome to join.

Attachments

• IMG_7898.png
    IMG_7898.png
    51.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7954.png
    IMG_7954.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
No I don't have it. I have consider it few times but on the other hand, my pain cave is rather small so I have decided to leave it. I know that indoor training would be more pain free with that. I need to think that again, it's gonna be long indoor season.

@CXRAndy
Do you still have the plans for Rocker board you made? I don't have one and it doesn't seem like the Neo adapters get very good reviews.
Unlike yours, no fancy beautiful finish will be needed. Raw plywood is good enough for my bike shed.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
@CXRAndy
Do you still have the plans for Rocker board you made? I don't have one and it doesn't seem like the Neo adapters get very good reviews.
Unlike yours, no fancy beautiful finish will be needed. Raw plywood is good enough for my bike shed.

Yes Randy . They are quite straightforward to build. I'll dig out my shopping list of parts for you

Whorty

Just adding my 2 cents. Like Whorty I used the Bkool trainer to get ready for the double devil in Wales. I was completely unprepared for those hills and bailed at the first food stop. The problem was in order to estimate the watts it used some algorithm that gave me the idea I could climb 12% grades easily.
However now almost no one in the Bkool cyclechat league is using the Bkool trainer. My Neo lets me know I’m still a slug going up hills.
Everyone is welcome to join.

I'm still undecided with Zwift once my annual subs run out in January. I may stay or look elsewhere for riding, and Bkool might be nice and nostalgic. How are the leagues these days, many riders? Competitive?

Whorty

In a 3 lap race around Innsbruck earlier and the winner averaged 4.3 w/kg for the whole race haha. And I didn't come dead last :wahhey:

1728317419439.png

13 rider

Guru
Looks like I've killed another wahoo tickr HRM , corroded battery again . What's the consensus on a reliable HRM for both indoor and outdoor riding .
Alex will I be dq for no HRM tomorrow night if I race ?

Top Bottom