Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Venod

Eh up
Just a pic to show how I use sauce, at the moment I like it but if anybody has a better suggestion for setting it up, please post a pic.

20241008_101626.jpg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Just a pic to show how I use sauce, at the moment I like it but if anybody has a better suggestion for setting it up, please post a pic.

View attachment 748473

I'm on Apple TV .. I tried running Zwift on a laptop so that I could use Sauce but found it unnecessarily complicated when all I wanted to do was ride. @alex_cycles looks to have a pretty good set up though so may be a good head to mine ^_^

Venod

Eh up
I'm on Apple TV .. I tried running Zwift on a laptop so that I could use Sauce but found it unnecessarily complicated when all I wanted to do was ride. @alex_cycles looks to have a pretty good set up though so may be a good head to mine ^_^

Yes its a PC the old square screen is the original, the TV is set up as an extension to the screen.

13 rider

Guru
Not quite sure where that came from 3rd , felt dreadful on the 1st climbs but seemed to ride into it , winner was long gone ,solo chased a group of 3 then out climbed all but 1 of them . It was a case of just pacing the last climb let someone close a 10 sec gap then dropped them on the flatter run in
Thanks Carl for the offer of help reclosing breaks ,but 1st closure was just a leg tester

alex_cycles

Veteran
Not quite sure where that came from 3rd , felt dreadful on the 1st climbs but seemed to ride into it , winner was long gone ,solo chased a group of 3 then out climbed all but 1 of them . It was a case of just packing the last climb let someone close a 10 sec gap then dropped them on the flatter run in
Thanks Carl for the offer of help reclosing breaks ,but 1st closure was just a leg tester

Well done. I was also 3rd today, but it felt like less of an achievement since only 5 started and 4 finished :laugh:

I see @Whorty beat 5 others as well. YAY - he's on the way back :wahhey:

Whorty

My Zwift went haywire lost all connections. Re installation to see it comes back

I couldn't get the phone app to work once I was riding. Thankfully my ATV connection held up. Zwift does seem to struggle when the rider numbers are high.

@13 rider - sorry I couldn't respond to your messages once the race kicked off, companion app crashed and wouldn't come back online

Whorty

Not quite sure where that came from 3rd , felt dreadful on the 1st climbs but seemed to ride into it , winner was long gone ,solo chased a group of 3 then out climbed all but 1 of them . It was a case of just pacing the last climb let someone close a 10 sec gap then dropped them on the flatter run in

No probs, I assumed I'd be dropped on Libby so made sense to use any energy to chase if you needed it ... then somehow I managed to get over Libby with you leaders, and nearly made it over 23rd Street too, just not quite enough in the legs. Thankfully I was far enough ahead so that when the 3 chasers caught me I'd just gone through the start/finish line so I could hold their wheels back around to Libby. They gave me just enough of a lead over those behind me that I could hang on to 8th (I was 9th but I caught someone in the final km).

Painful ride, pleased with myself. Onwards and forwards :biggrin:

Whorty

Well done. I was also 3rd today, but it felt like less of an achievement since only 5 started and 4 finished :laugh:

I see @Whorty beat 5 others as well. YAY - he's on the way back :wahhey:

I burnt every match first lap climbs. I figured if I could use my sprint to get ahead and hang on over the top, I might recover enough at the start of the 2nd lap to give the climbs a decent 2nd attempt and not come last :cheers:

13 rider

Guru
No probs, I assumed I'd be dropped on Libby so made sense to use any energy to chase if you needed it ... then somehow I managed to get over Libby with you leaders, and nearly made it over 23rd Street too, just not quite enough in the legs. Thankfully I was far enough ahead so that when the 3 chasers caught me I'd just gone through the start/finish line so I could hold their wheels back around to Libby. They gave me just enough of a lead over those behind me that I could hang on to 8th (I was 9th but I caught someone in the final km).

Painful ride, pleased with myself. Onwards and forwards :biggrin:
After we crested 23rd the 1st time I was in a dilemma wether to wait for you or chase the group in front ,but my the way you slowed over the top I guessed you blew so I just kept riding , You did seem to close in a bit but not got near enough for me to ease and wait sorry . Compared to where we were in London a few weeks ago both of us have made progress . I was right on the edge of blowing up tonight that's why I asked you not to help the group behind . The 1 thing I've learnt this year is patience and don't go to deep to early like on the last climb last year I would have gone all out from the bottom to keep a gap and blow up

Whorty

After we crested 23rd the 1st time I was in a dilemma wether to wait for you or chase the group in front ,but my the way you slowed over the top I guessed you blew so I just kept riding , You did seem to close in a bit but not got near enough for me to ease and wait sorry . Compared to where we were in London a few weeks ago both of us have made progress . I was right on the edge of blowing up tonight that's why I asked you not to help the group behind . The 1 thing I've learnt this year is patience and don't go to deep to early like on the last climb last year I would have gone all out from the bottom to keep a gap and blow up

As I know I can't be competitive at the front currently, I just try to hang on as long as possible giving it my all until I pop - I totally popped on 23rd, would have been pointless waiting for me. I managed to recover a little on the descent then hold some power up the drag to the finish banner but I was never strong enough to close the gap. I was watching those behind me so just doing enough to be able to hang on to them as they caught me. I really didn't want to ride that second lap on my own.

I think I annoyed them not working haha

I'm stronger at recovering than I was in London, getting some of that fitness back, but still lacking in power over the whole race. I'm still down at 2.5 w/kg which is nowhere near where I need to be. I have a lot of work to do :biggrin:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
After going round in circles, I lost Bluetooth and Ant + connection. I updated the PC, un installed Zwift and re installed , still no Bluetooth. Powered down down PC, re started several times. Eventually I removed the mains supply - this worked. Phew!

I need to check tomorrow if Ant+ has returned on starting Zwift

Did my Z1/2 ride to unwind my annoyance

bridgy

Legendary Member
Absolutely brutal ZRL race last night - a brutal course but also we're in a ridiculously hard league which appears to be stacked full of Cat A riders who have temporarily dropped to B during the summer and taken the opportunity to have some fun in Cat B for a few races! In fact 6 of the top 7 are now Cat A anyway, and pretty much the entire front half of the race did well over 4w/kg for 20 minutes. (There's my excuses out of the way!)

(*ZRL still uses the old Cat A-D system not ZRS)

I came 55th/62 and still got an FTP increase! It was a good workout :thumbsup:

@IrishAl came 44th with a strong finish, and Bram came 59th (only 3 of us could make it)

View: https://youtu.be/POmV19Z9vxo

Last edited:
Top Bottom