Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
@alex_cycles @13 rider I'm signed up for tonight :wahhey:

In yesterday's Innsbruck race I held on to the lead pack to the foot of the Legsnapper where I was dropped. 3 riders caught me, then dropped me on the second time up the 'snapper but my aim was to hang on to leaders to the climb so I achieved my target. Too much in the red then and legs were a little shot.
Will be the same tonight, hang on to Libby and then see where I am when I've crested the final climb and through the start/finish banner. I hate that long drag to the banner in Richmond, too long a climb for me so I'm always on my limit. Hopefully I can grab a wheel or too but you should be long gone by then Phil :notworthy::bicycle::cheers:
See you in the pen ,not sure for race forecast will be correct I'm still recovering from a sickness bug from 2 weekends ago which really wiped me out and haven't done any efforts since last Tuesday race where I blew up in spectacular style

alex_cycles

Veteran
@alex_cycles @13 rider I'm signed up for tonight :wahhey:

In yesterday's Innsbruck race I held on to the lead pack to the foot of the Legsnapper where I was dropped. 3 riders caught me, then dropped me on the second time up the 'snapper but my aim was to hang on to leaders to the climb so I achieved my target. Too much in the red then and legs were a little shot.
Will be the same tonight, hang on to Libby and then see where I am when I've crested the final climb and through the start/finish banner. I hate that long drag to the banner in Richmond, too long a climb for me so I'm always on my limit. Hopefully I can grab a wheel or too but you should be long gone by then Phil :notworthy::bicycle::cheers:

Everyone hates that one. But that course is where I got my best result to date on Chasing Vlaanderen this year. 5 laps :eek:

I was the only one in my Cat who was able to hold onto the A group up Libby on lap 1 promptly got dropped after that, but a decent B group was there and I won it by over a minute. It was brutal though. I almost got dropped on that third climb at least twice.

The climb itself is not so bad, it's the fact that it's so soon after LIbby and 23rd that makes it a killer though.

Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Everyone hates that one. But that course is where I got my best result to date on Chasing Vlaanderen this year. 5 laps :eek:

I was the only one in my Cat who was able to hold onto the A group up Libby on lap 1 promptly got dropped after that, but a decent B group was there and I won it by over a minute. It was brutal though. I almost got dropped on that third climb at least twice.

The climb itself is not so bad, it's the fact that it's so soon after LIbby and 23rd that makes it a killer though.

In a race any climb is only as bad as the riders decide to make it!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I killed loads and now have a Coospo. One thing it told me to do is always take the HR bit off the chest strap. I do this every ride now and it has been spot on so far. May be the same is needed for the Tickr?

I do this every time I stop riding.

If the strap is not continuous under the sensor (some straps) then the sensor is directly against the skin and can quickly sweat from exercise.

I changed my Wahoo strap for a Garmin one years ago and it's been extremely reliable. It uses batteries, but it's normal. I also wipe off the back of the sensor with a towel after each ride to remove any moisture that may have got onto it

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I'm torn whether to do Cyclopathon at 6.50pm with Carl and Phil or endurance Z1 🤔

One fly in the ointment, taking daughter to hairdressers at teatime, could be close to get back in time :cry:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

Libby and the Street one are punchy so I can almost sprint over them and recover - but that drag just saps my legs and I really struggle on it.

Oh, watching you live on YouTube ^_^

Just shows though, that the 20 minute power is still the factor on whether someone will win or lose a race - people may have criticized the old cat system but it was mostly accurate.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I'm torn whether to do Cyclopathon at 6.50pm with Carl and Phil or endurance Z1 🤔

One fly in the ointment, taking daughter to hairdressers at teatime, could be close to get back in time :cry:

If you join me it will be a Z1 for you anyway :laugh:

My race plan is try to hang on to the climb then see what happens when I crest. I'm hoping there is someone with my to ride with, but if not the ride becomes a Z2 from there.

JuhaL

Guru
Just wondering what is Pogacar's Z1 if Z2 is 320-340w. That is insane.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Libby and the Street one are punchy so I can almost sprint over them and recover - but that drag just saps my legs and I really struggle on it.

Oh, watching you live on YouTube ^_^

Just shows though, that the 20 minute power is still the factor on whether someone will win or lose a race - people may have criticized the old cat system but it was mostly accurate.

Haha - that Dutch guy had 4.1 for 20. It was obvious that if he got away we'd never see him again. Particularly on climb 3 that was always likely. It is a useful metric, but not the be-all and end-all. Most useful on something like an Innsbruck KoM race.

My race was with Stephen and since he got the better of me today we're now tied joint 1st in the League.
Hilly and mountainous to go. Neither of us like either of those, so it will be interesting.

Screen Shot 2024-10-08 at 12.15.01.png

JuhaL

Guru
After a few months break I have decided to continue with Zwift. And I'm pleased to see that at least one thing is change to direction I like. Now you select any routes in any world you like to ride. It's not Watopia and 2 guess worlds anymore.

mjd1988

Guru
After a few months break I have decided to continue with Zwift. And I'm pleased to see that at least one thing is change to direction I like. Now you select any routes in any world you like to ride. It's not Watopia and 2 guess worlds anymore.
Yeah tbf I've liked the last few updates. Climb portal and decent gradient graph on climbs have been welcome

Top Bottom