Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Come and have a go tomorrow. Weather looking good.
I'm half tempted. See how things are when I wake up in the morning ^_^

From the look of it, Edge Hill starts at 12 but I would need to sign up at Burton Dasset car park?
(I probably wouldn't do both).

Bear in mind that the more power you put out, the faster you go, so the shorter the period of time you need to hold the power for! Admittedly you get diminishing returns, but it's one of the few situations in cycling performance where you get a 'virtuous cycle'.
Yeah - I think I could do it under 5m with current fitness if relatively fresh

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm half tempted. See how things are when I wake up in the morning ^_^

From the look of it, Edge Hill starts at 12 but I would need to sign up at Burton Dasset car park?
(I probably wouldn't do both).

Yeah - I think I could do it under 5m with current fitness if relatively fresh

Looks like it. Why not do the first one and then decide if you want to do Edge Hill as well afterwards. Mr Legs and I have swapped mobile no's - I'll Message you mine in case you turn up :okay:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
View attachment 747832
New addition to the stable…

Nice bike @Legs - love the colours. Is this photo for the taxman to prove its use as a bike to work bike? 😂

As we’re sharing new bikes i recently made a purchase too…(bike not the ruined castle). Had it since May but just 20 miles on the Odo.

IMG_0623.jpeg

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Today another race simulation. This was tough, I eventually crumbled on the penultimate segment -Zwift giving me half star, for trying my best. Legs just gave way , couldn't hold cadence. :B)

I suppose the session was perfect with failure occurring just at the finish line

Made for a pretty graph, lots of variation within the workout

1000015886.jpg

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Did a couple of hill climbs today near Warwick, and had the very great pleasure of meeting @Norry1 too. They were ‘just’ club events, but well attended with strong fields. I came third in the first race (a short one at Burton Dassett Country Park), and my legs fell off in the second (down the road at Edge Hill).

Tomorrow is an open event at Monsal Edge - similar in duration to BDCP - but with a massive and super-strong field!

Attachments

• 5DB421BF-219C-4EA8-8B68-B3091BFB8DE2.png
    5DB421BF-219C-4EA8-8B68-B3091BFB8DE2.png
    190.9 KB · Views: 19

JuhaL

Guru
Without of doubt Zwift is been big or biggest gamechanger for a many cyclist. For me the biggest gamechangers was old Tacx softwares like i-magic and fortius software. That was many years before Zwift. i-magic was first 3D virtual world i have ever ride, it impressed me more than Zwift ever because 3D training was a new thing for me those days.

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Slight mechanical (a wee mechanical) this morning - gave it the beans on a descent and thought it’s slipped a gear. Couldn’t work out why my legs were out of sync then it dawned on me. Crank screws were loose so I’m guessing it slipped during the effort. Took 10mjns to sort but I’m back on and legs are turning circles again. 😂 .

IMG_0019.jpeg

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Bkool was the game changer for me. Some change up from the wheelon mag resistance turbo trainer watching sufferfest videos in the laptop.
Plus without the Bkool and the goats climbing league I would never have met you guys 😍😍

Same - whilst Zwift is very popular it certainly wasn't how I got into virtual cycling. Those early Bkool years where I was always last but I tried and tried anyway was a game changer for my cycling. I trained for the Double Devils 100 mile welsh ride purely on Bkool.

Top Bottom