Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Did a C race last night - and it seemed to me that the standard in C is higher than I remember. I didn't quite give 100%, but not far off. I backed off just before the top of the Mayan Hill (is that what it is called). I came 23rd on ZP out of 143 starters.

As always, my Watts are quite a bit lower on the turbo - and I used the same power pedals, so it isn't that - but I'll just have to live with that.

I've just had a read-up on the Pace Group Categories and I am right at the top of the Zftp boundary but still just a C. Looks like I'll be struggling at the base of B soon.

Zwift Racing Score up to 358 now - bit better than 208 where it started ^_^

Yes there has been some re alignment. It seems that low end B riders have moved into C, same for low A, they're in the B category now. The combining of racing score with the old categories should align everyone more evenly. I understand that non RS events now or will be shortly added into the RS algorithm.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Did a C race last night - and it seemed to me that the standard in C is higher than I remember. I didn't quite give 100%, but not far off. I backed off just before the top of the Mayan Hill (is that what it is called). I came 23rd on ZP out of 143 starters.

As always, my Watts are quite a bit lower on the turbo - and I used the same power pedals, so it isn't that - but I'll just have to live with that.

I've just had a read-up on the Pace Group Categories and I am right at the top of the Zftp boundary but still just a C. Looks like I'll be struggling at the base of B soon.

Zwift Racing Score up to 358 now - bit better than 208 where it started ^_^

As I understand it, all community races will default to racing score category rankings from 7th October - so you shouldn't need to worry too much about the old pace group categories based on Zftp for much longer

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Anyone else watched Conner’s GCN video on creatine?

As someone who’s weight trained for years and taking it a bit more seriously at the moment, creatine is something I’ve used and still am currently. It definitely helps with my weights lifting.

The GCN vid also shows Conner’s 30-60 second numbers drastically increase with creatine use, although endurance results are net zero.

Probably goes some way to explain why my sprint and 30 second numbers are ok. I’ve always been a chunky sprinter and this supplement is helping further.

Anyone else tempted to jump on the weight training bandwagon? 😁
I weight train as well as cycle but don't use any supplements - apart from calcium, vitamin D, and omega-3.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I'm going to be finding myself in Gaydon late morning on Saturday, with a bike in the back of the car (my mum's car, my brother's bike: it's a long story...). I'm racing on Sunday at Monsal Head, but one or other of these look like they could be fun for a one-minute / three-minute smash warm-up! Not too far from your manors, @alex_cycles and @Norry1 ???

1727952264111.png

alex_cycles

Veteran
I'm going to be finding myself in Gaydon late morning on Saturday, with a bike in the back of the car (my mum's car, my brother's bike: it's a long story...). I'm racing on Sunday at Monsal Head, but one or other of these look like they could be fun for a one-minute / three-minute smash warm-up! Not too far from your manors, @alex_cycles and @Norry1 ???

View attachment 747706

3 minutes would be going it some for Edge Hill (that would equal the KoM time) but I expect it's possible if you're good. I've only done it once but I wasn't trying to kill it. Took me 6:21

https://www.strava.com/segments/16335637?filter=overall

Norry1

Legendary Member

View attachment 747706

Funny you should mention it - I plan to do this/these.

I use Edge Hill for when I have 5 min Hill Repeats on the menu. Burton Dassett is interesting - it has a natural amphitheatre and is when the Women's Tour and the ToB have finished stages. Just watch the sheep that can stray onto the road :smile:

The 2 climbs are kind of one event on Saturday as I understand it, although you can choose to only do one of them.

If you are deffo going, drop me a PM and I'll give you my mobile number so we can have a chat there.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
6 eggs makes a nice size omelette. Scrambled eggs too. Sometimes I add cheese. Wife's makes a great omelette 😋

I love an omelette, have one at least once a week, but 4 eggs is my max (with cheese of course). Scrambled on toast is nice but can't beat poached eggs (duck if I can get them) - yum!
Shame you can't digest creatine but some can't unfortunately. Lots of research on it in weight training and it's a very positive supplement. Thankfully no side effects for me.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Funny you should mention it - I plan to do this/these.

I use Edge Hill for when I have 5 min Hill Repeats on the menu. Burton Dassett is interesting - it has a natural amphitheatre and is when the Women's Tour and the ToB have finished stages. Just watch the sheep that can stray onto the road :smile:

The 2 climbs are kind of one event on Saturday as I understand it, although you can choose to only do one of them.

If you are deffo going, drop me a PM and I'll give you my mobile number so we can have a chat there.
That's awesome. My travel plans are a bit convoluted (basically, I've been borrowing my mum's little car for the last few weeks; we're driving two cars down to Gaydon because M40 J12 is pretty much halfway between my home and my parents'; I'm also delivering a Giant Defy Advanced 1 which my bro bought on eBay but which I collected last weekend - I'm sure I can ride it fine if I remember to put some pedals on it; my wife was planning to stop in Burton on the way down to have a fitting for running shoes so might want me to take one of the children with me) but I'd be well up for it as a little warmup for Sunday. Weather looks promising, too! It'd be great to meet you IRL :okay:

Brusgaard

Über Guru
For some reason, Strava has stopped working with Chrome on my PC but is working fine with Edge. Anyone else had that happen? Any ideas?

Had the same in Edge (Which is 97.5% the same as Chrome). Had to clear “something” deep down some developer settings or something. Can’t remember what, but just a heads up, that it might not be as easy as you think…

Top Bottom