Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Another day , another workout. This was an hour of race simulation efforts, high/low cadence, short high power efforts followed by longer threshold periods.

Became quite tough with last 15mims. Enjoyed it .
https://strava.app.link/2FhBVb6hjNb

View: https://youtu.be/dKBzyW7hqaA?si=COdplEOr9NQlA9g6

I'm off the bike now until at least Thursday evening, but more likely Sunday.
Keep up the good work mate, you'll soon be hitting those big FTP watts again :wahhey:

Norry1

Legendary Member
I've just checked and the last time I raced on Zwift was February! I finished my Road Race season yesterday and will no doubt be doing some Zwift racing soon.

So please tell me - what has changed? What do I need to know? Are there bits of kit I need to spend my drops on? Anything else?

Cheers.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
FTP builder- Z1/Z2 power with varying cadence rates.

Got a bit of HR drift even after an hour. More Z2 endurance required

1000015800.jpg

mjd1988

Guru
I've just checked and the last time I raced on Zwift was February! I finished my Road Race season yesterday and will no doubt be doing some Zwift racing soon.

So please tell me - what has changed? What do I need to know? Are there bits of kit I need to spend my drops on? Anything else?

Cheers.

https://zwiftinsider.com/pinarello-dogma-f-2024/

pinarello is very slightly the all-rounder choice now. Its very small margins though but you probably need an excuse to spend some drops!

alex_cycles

Veteran
I think Martin's already aware of RS

We've ragged it to bits :biggrin:

Well that's true, but that doesn't mean any of us actually understand it :laugh:

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
There’s a hill-climb bike on eBay that would be perfect for me, if only it were a touch bigger. I’m 6’3” and it’s a size 58, which is the frame size of my beloved Trek, but Cervelo’s sizing chart suggest 58 is suitable for 5’11” to 6’1” and that 6’1” to 6’4” should be on a 61…. It’s been on a while - not for auction but ‘Buy It Now’. Mrs Legs is willing for a new bike to come into the household on a ‘one-in-one-out’ basis!

Someone bought it…
9512389B-5403-426F-AF2A-35BC20CB0ED2.jpeg

it was me - I went in for £900. There’s no appetite for rim-braked bikes atm, and I think the SRAM may have put many buyers off…
B2EFB1CD-179A-4279-B695-36615C84ECB4.jpeg

Last edited:

13 rider

Guru
Did Alex races tonight and had the opposite result to Martin ,dead last 18th on zp 19th on the road it had nothing to do with zrs and cats but the fact racing in the first place was a stupid idea .I've been ill 🤢since early Sunday morning today I felt all right and thought I'd give it a go and just hold on as long as I could . After 5km I was quite happy had survived the manic start and didn't feel too bad ,2.8km later on a slight incline I blew spectacularly and as the 2 riders previously dropped I couldnt hold there wheels and just plodded round barely in z2 to finish nearly 7mins behind the winner and 3mins behind everyone else . Did notice my zrs change when I decided to look at swift power to see how bad I was ,big change of 26 points from 349 to 323

bridgy

Legendary Member
We couldn't get a team together for ZRL tonight so I did Alex's Cyclothon race instead. Good race - very evenly matched group of riders. Pretty flat course but there were a few attempts at forming a breakaway which didn't work but I think did wear people down a bit. Bunch sprint at the end and I went early with a few others at about 700m out and finished 4th.

Still far from my best but best I've felt in a race for a while (due to illness and lack of riding) so hopefully I'm finally on the mend!

Top Bottom