Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
We couldn't get a team together for ZRL tonight so I did Alex's Cyclothon race instead. Good race - very evenly matched group of riders. Pretty flat course but there were a few attempts at forming a breakaway which didn't work but I think did wear people down a bit. Bunch sprint at the end and I went early with a few others at about 700m out and finished 4th.

Still far from my best but best I've felt in a race for a while (due to illness and lack of riding) so hopefully I'm finally on the mend!

Saw you beat Sheridan into 4th. :laugh:
He beat me into 2nd this morning, so nice one :okay:

Just remembered i need to update the EMEA league results

They'll be here in a few minutes once processed https://zwiftpower.com/league.php?id=2395

bridgy

Legendary Member
Saw you beat Sheridan into 4th. :laugh:
He beat me into 2nd this morning, so nice one :okay:

Just remembered i need to update the EMEA league results

They'll be here in a few minutes once processed https://zwiftpower.com/league.php?id=2395

Ah ok! Well I was 4th in the race but 3rd on ZP so must have been a rider ahead of me who's not on ZP - happy to go with what ZP says though :okay:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Anyone else watched Conner’s GCN video on creatine?

As someone who’s weight trained for years and taking it a bit more seriously at the moment, creatine is something I’ve used and still am currently. It definitely helps with my weights lifting.

The GCN vid also shows Conner’s 30-60 second numbers drastically increase with creatine use, although endurance results are net zero.

Probably goes some way to explain why my sprint and 30 second numbers are ok. I’ve always been a chunky sprinter and this supplement is helping further.

Anyone else tempted to jump on the weight training bandwagon? 😁

Norry1

Legendary Member
Anyone else watched Conner’s GCN video on creatine?

As someone who’s weight trained for years and taking it a bit more seriously at the moment, creatine is something I’ve used and still am currently. It definitely helps with my weights lifting.

The GCN vid also shows Conner’s 30-60 second numbers drastically increase with creatine use, although endurance results are net zero.

Probably goes some way to explain why my sprint and 30 second numbers are ok. I’ve always been a chunky sprinter and this supplement is helping further.

Anyone else tempted to jump on the weight training bandwagon? 😁

According to TrainerRoad, they agree Creatine does help with sprinty type efforts but tends to put up to 2-3kgs on so is unhelpful for road racing generally.

I think I'll get back to doing some weights this year.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
According to TrainerRoad, they agree Creatine does help with sprinty type efforts but tends to put up to 2-3kgs on so is unhelpful for road racing generally.

I think I'll get back to doing some weights this year.

Could explain why I’m slightly heavier but as I’m never going to road race it’s not a problem for me 😁

My preference has always been weights/gym over cycling hence why I don’t try to get too lean.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I tried Creatine about 4 years ago. I didn't get on with it at all. Felt extremely nauseous and dizzy with it.

It was very marked, from day one felt unstable on my feet, stopped after 4 days, day 5 began feeling much better. I wasn't taking large doses, just recommended amount.

Never touched it since. I eat lots more protein now, eggs around 30 a week and several kilos of meat, cheese lots of. Cook in lard

alex_cycles

Veteran
I tried Creatine about 4 years ago. I didn't get on with it at all. Felt extremely nauseous and dizzy with it.

It was very marked, from day one felt unstable on my feet, stopped after 4 days, day 5 began feeling much better. I wasn't taking large doses, just recommended amount.

Never touched it since. I eat lots more protein now, eggs around 30 a week and several kilos of meat, cheese lots of. Cook in lard

The only "supplement" I take is in my sports drinks (for racing). I add glucose and fructose and a pinch of salt to my 50/50 orange juice and water. It certainly helps me to keep going for longer. People argue about whether or not it's useful for shorter races, but I think either way it helps recovery on short, intense races.

Other than that - just try to eat reasonably decent food without too much processed shite.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Most of my races, I do fasted. I tend not to eat till after 12pm. I take only water. Occasionally I will have carbs, yes I do instantly feel the benefit, but I don't take carbs regularly because of my own diet

mjd1988

Guru

30 eggs?! I definitely couldn't handle that. Definitely in single figures myself, and I like a wee omelette here and there

Had a fun pinarello race there. Kids went down surprisingly easy so jumped on last minute. I'm down a category on the racing score but was dropped....I think if I had a non disc wheel I'd have held but maybe that was in my head. I actually didn't have time to even pair my hrm until a few minutes into the race!

Had a good time after though, caught and overtook someone on the downhill in supertuck - I find if you give a 5 second all our effort to launch you can make a lot of time, I could see him jumping to 6w/kg then to 0 and still losing it. I then challenged myself to keep tt ing rather than just waiting for a sprint, which is a much better workout

alex_cycles

Veteran
30 eggs?! I definitely couldn't handle that. Definitely in single figures myself, and I like a wee omelette here and there

Is that an Irish thing? I prefer a cheese omelette myself :laugh:

Had a fun pinarello race there. Kids went down surprisingly easy so jumped on last minute. I'm down a category on the racing score but was dropped....I think if I had a non disc wheel I'd have held but maybe that was in my head. I actually didn't have time to even pair my hrm until a few minutes into the race!

Had a good time after though, caught and overtook someone on the downhill in supertuck - I find if you give a 5 second all our effort to launch you can make a lot of time, I could see him jumping to 6w/kg then to 0 and still losing it. I then challenged myself to keep tt ing rather than just waiting for a sprint, which is a much better workout

Definitely. I do this - particularly on long descents with plateaux.

Norry1

Legendary Member
Did a C race last night - and it seemed to me that the standard in C is higher than I remember. I didn't quite give 100%, but not far off. I backed off just before the top of the Mayan Hill (is that what it is called). I came 23rd on ZP out of 143 starters.

As always, my Watts are quite a bit lower on the turbo - and I used the same power pedals, so it isn't that - but I'll just have to live with that.

I've just had a read-up on the Pace Group Categories and I am right at the top of the Zftp boundary but still just a C. Looks like I'll be struggling at the base of B soon.

Zwift Racing Score up to 358 now - bit better than 208 where it started ^_^

Top Bottom