Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I've raced three consecutive days this week. I really need to get outside soon. The long outdoor rides have really helped me this summer.

You'd need a life jacket around here at the moment, quite a few roads closed due to water. Can't see me getting out again this year, although I'll keep fingers crossed.
May need to do a few more Z2 rides, probably as ZRS 'races', 2 birds one stone :laugh:

alex_cycles

Veteran
You'd need a life jacket around here at the moment, quite a few roads closed due to water. Can't see me getting out again this year, although I'll keep fingers crossed.
May need to do a few more Z2 rides, probably as ZRS 'races', 2 birds one stone :laugh:

I’ll send you some sandbags for the flooding. If not needed, you can repurpose them :laugh:

alex_cycles

Veteran
I'm starting a training plan today, will try and fit the event if I'm still alive on Tuesday :heat:

Flat on Tuesday so it'll be your best one.
Due to the -50 shift, my 2nd Pen League will lose the top 3 riders to the 1st pen and I'll have some of the higher 3rd pen riders from last time to race. Should be fun.

Whorty

I'm starting a training plan today, will try and fit the event if I'm still alive on Tuesday :heat:

I'm planning a longer Z2 ride later (longer for me at the moment is anything over 60 mins haha) - been to the gym 4 times this week and muscles are aching in places I didn't even know I had muscles! My gym buddy, really hot 40 y/o blonde girl, asked if I was joining her today and I had to decline :cry: that's how sore I am :laugh:

Looking to get in 50km today, and try again Sunday - I just need to get on the bike more and get some miles in - may even try a workout, not done one for years.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
264?

Wonder what mine is now? Like you, not done an FTP test for a few years. Was 250 once ... might give this a go later to see how much I've slipped :eek:

Yes, I was a little disappointed in the calculated FTP . I remember I used to be able to get into the 400-420W 1 minute sessions before failure.

I was going along nicely, then boom just hit the buffers re power.

It's only lack of training really. I'd like to get towards 300W, but these days I'm not going to be too obsessed to the exclusion of all other life's activities getting there. It will be what it is, aftercI complete the 12 week plan

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
I find that it's a real psychological battle to keep going in the ramp test, especially if you manage to get to the end of the 400W section; knowing that you've got an FTP over 300W but trying to eke out a few extra watts; that extra jump up to 420W finishes me sharpish off every time!

Whorty

Yes, I was a little disappointed in the calculated FTP . I remember I used to be able to get into the 400-420W 1 minute sessions before failure.

I was going along nicely, then boom just hit the buffers re power.

It's only lack of training really. I'd like to get towards 300W, but these days I'm not going to be too obsessed to the exclusion of all other life's activities getting there. It will be what it is, aftercI complete the 12 week plan

I did the test earlier, FTP of 231 which is about what I expected. Same as you, just went pop quite quickly - pushing one minute, legs nothing left the next. I think it's that ability to keep pushing that I've lost, but then I'm barely riding once a week so I can't complain.

At 231 and 83 kg that puts my estimated power at 2.78 w/kg which is again about where I think I'm at currently.

@alex_cycles I can't make Tuesday now I'm afraid, the appointment I was expecting to come through has been scheduled for Tuesday and I won't be here :laugh: :cry:

Top Bottom