Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Phil you were 13 secs slower up the first climb :biggrin:

But you absolutely crushed my time on the second ascent by well over a minute. Excellent pacing to have so much left :notworthy:

13 rider

Guru
Yes it all went to my plan , certainly helped by the whole bunch not going bonkers and having a reasonable pace the whole race . Thankfully my zrs score has increased only to 344 so I'm still in the bottom pen for next week .
Interestingly in the race 2 weeks ago my power metrics were all higher but I finished at the back which saw my zrs score decrease slightly which was in the cat 350 + when my zrs was 347 , On power metrics this races looks much easier 2.8wkg compared to 3wkg but obviously the result much better , I think my zrs went up 9 ( it was up 7 just after the race then increased again this morning) to 344 . It would be nice to know how much the zrs is result or old power readings balanced .
Don't won't to get in a category debate, I ride whatever I'm in but it would be nice to know

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
What happened to the ZRL guys?

My now son in law was left solo for Cookie, none of his team bothered to turn out-:sad:

He was blown out of the back door almost immediately, He is currently C level but most of his mates are A cats, being in A league was completely outpaced.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Daughter has brought home illness from first week back at school. Nothing too bad, but I was off colour this weekend washed out. She has had Monday off and this morning is slightly better.

Steady rides matey :okay:

Personally took me far longer to recover from yesterday's event, 1 AM this morning before orange stress levels turned to blue recovery.

My quads were very achy last night - more so than usual. I think 2x Petit KoM was a hard effort.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
What's the next category down in race score ? Mine is steadily falling ^_^

Or you could and join me :biggrin:

Mine still failing too, Everyone who beat me last night had a lower ZRS than me, some considerably. My ZRS only dropped a small amount. Saying that though, and the ZRS numbers being all over, the race itself was quite well matched on a course like that. Not sure why the 2 who caught me on the final climb were dropped from the pack, maybe they didn't push hard enough out the pen but they were both easily strong enough to hold on - so pretty much all in that pen were having a good race experience which was good - and our man Phil came out on top which was great :wahhey:

Whorty

Yes it all went to my plan , certainly helped by the whole bunch not going bonkers and having a reasonable pace the whole race . Thankfully my zrs score has increased only to 344 so I'm still in the bottom pen for next week .
Interestingly in the race 2 weeks ago my power metrics were all higher but I finished at the back which saw my zrs score decrease slightly which was in the cat 350 + when my zrs was 347 , On power metrics this races looks much easier 2.8wkg compared to 3wkg but obviously the result much better , I think my zrs went up 9 ( it was up 7 just after the race then increased again this morning) to 344 . It would be nice to know how much the zrs is result or old power readings balanced .
Don't won't to get in a category debate, I ride whatever I'm in but it would be nice to know

I think, but I'm sure I'll be corrected, that after the seeding then ZRS changes are results based in ZRS races. Unless ... you hit a new PB in a 10 second or 5 minute power that is considered to be the next boundary up. So, as long as your power didn't exceed these arbitrary boundaries then winning last night will see your ZRS rise, and losing previously will see your ZRS fall 👍
Re next Tuesday, I'm considering missing that race. Hills are not my thing and I don't fancy a solo climb - I'll check out the other rider's 20 minute powers and if no one else around 2.4 w/kg like me then I'll find a race more suited to my weight and power 🤣 Maybe there is a downhill race with a finish sprint 🤣

Whorty

Phil you were 13 secs slower up the first climb :biggrin:

But you absolutely crushed my time on the second ascent by well over a minute. Excellent pacing to have so much left :notworthy:

I tried to bluff the group on the first climb, posting that any breakaways would be caught anyway on the flats so no point wasting energy. I couldn't afford one or 2 going off the front on the climb and others chasing as I'd have been popped out the back - thankfully that seemed to work as the pace was just manageable first time up. Once on the flats we kept the group together - there were a couple of digs but the group always closed it down. Once we got the KoM second time then everyone started racing, I was dropped in the first 30 seconds and Phil did his best Chris Froome impression 🏅

alex_cycles

Veteran
I think, but I'm sure I'll be corrected, that after the seeding then ZRS changes are results based in ZRS races. Unless ... you hit a new PB in a 10 second or 5 minute power that is considered to be the next boundary up. So, as long as your power didn't exceed these arbitrary boundaries then winning last night will see your ZRS rise, and losing previously will see your ZRS fall 👍
Re next Tuesday, I'm considering missing that race. Hills are not my thing and I don't fancy a solo climb - I'll check out the other rider's 20 minute powers and if no one else around 2.4 w/kg like me then I'll find a race more suited to my weight and power 🤣 Maybe there is a downhill race with a finish sprint 🤣

It's 30s and 10 minute but you're right about everything else. I'm treating next week as an FTP test and I expect to be last although I will try not to be. Aethos + Rovals at ten paces :laugh:

bridgy

Legendary Member

What Carl & Alex said - but also worth noting, the amount the ZRS score changes is based on the quality of the riders you beat, so a good finish against stronger riders increases your score more than if it's against weaker riders etc.

If you look at your results for the race on the companion app it shows your racing score and whether it's increased or decreased:
  • Racing Score Increased
    : Your Racing Score increased after this race.
  • Racing Score Decreased
    : Your Racing Score decreased after this race.
  • Racing Score High Floor Value
    : You've set a new, higher, floor value for your Racing Score after this race.
  • Racing Score Low Floor Value
    : Your Racing Score has decreased to your floor value after this race.

@Whorty - I see from last night's race your ZRS has dropped to the "floor value" now, which I assume to mean it can't go any lower until your best 90 day power numbers change

Whorty

What Carl & Alex said - but also worth noting, the amount the ZRS score changes is based on the quality of the riders you beat, so a good finish against stronger riders increases your score more than if it's against weaker riders etc.

If you look at your results for the race on the companion app it shows your racing score and whether it's increased or decreased:

@Whorty - I see from last night's race your ZRS has dropped to the "floor value" now, which I assume to mean it can't go any lower until your best 90 day power numbers change

Ah, that's interesting, I didn't know that 👍
My one off sprint will be gone in 3 weeks so I assume I'll then drift down to the ZRS that most matches my current performance?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Ah, that's interesting, I didn't know that 👍
My one off sprint will be gone in 3 weeks so I assume I'll then drift down to the ZRS that most matches my current performance?

I guess so yeah - the floor level should be based on whatever your best 90 day 30s and 10 min power is, so if you have that one high value on there, when it's no longer within the last 90 days it should lower the floor value you can potentially drop down to

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

I didn't know they've added more definitions to the score. Good to know. Cheers Paul :okay:

Top Bottom