Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I use an ATV and get loads of drop outs on Zwift (none on Velo but I only used Velo a few times so maybe that was a coincidence). I now connect via the companion app on my phone via bluetooth and ATV for graphics and that seems pretty stable at the moment.

Last edited:

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
This is interesting. Apple TV definitely feels a bit underpowered/inability to switch bikes has sometimes been a bit of an issue, but is super quick for startup which is really handy for me as I tend to be time short. Do many people use an iPad or similar?

I’m back to using my ATV with wireless connection. I upgraded to a TP link deco meshed WiFi system in the house - I’ve a largish bungalow so everything is spread out from the main router box thing. I’d been using powerline adapters previously including to a detached garage (also with its own consumer unit) with no issues.

I plan to hard wire the deco stations to the main router in the autumn plus a couple of hard wired connections to my TV and possibly the ATV as well. That said I’ve had zero drop out issues with the ATV in a long time….queue a winter blighted by dropouts 🤡

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Last nights race was tough going from the start flag. Each sprint had the front group spread out all over the shop. The start was fast and the early dirt sector meant risk of getting detached from the pack plus some riders really put the hammer down in the first 4 km of the lead-in possibly thinking the first sprint was incoming and this only served to string out the pack so not surprised some people got caught out as it was tough going.

Me and Pete got a 1-2 on the FTS sprint. Pete picked up FAL points on the first sprint. My lights went out 400 metres into the final climb up towards the mountain and finished at the back of a group of 6 down in 37th place 🥹. Pete finished well. Overall we didn’t pick up too many league points.

Top Bottom