Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
@Whorty ,my plan is to try not to go to hard on the 1st climb but try to keep in contact with the front bunch ,if you can hang on you hopefully hang on till the the last climb then it's everyman for themselves , hopefully I will be competitive as I'm now near the top of cat instead on the very bottom last week

I was surprised that I managed to hold on to climb 1 this morning. Had to do 4.4 for 5 minutes though :eek: which is something I've only done a couple of times. Should be much more comfortable in the lower pens though - I hope

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
@Whorty ,my plan is to try not to go to hard on the 1st climb but try to keep in contact with the front bunch ,if you can hang on you hopefully hang on till the the last climb then it's everyman for themselves , hopefully I will be competitive as I'm now near the top of cat instead on the very bottom last week

I'll try to hang on too but I don't think I'll have the legs tbh I'm just hoping when I crest that I'm not alone :surrender:

With your climbing legs and weight you should have a good chance getting over with the leaders, then wheelsuck until the last climb and as you say, every man for himself :gun:

Whorty

I was surprised that I managed to hold on to climb 1 this morning. Had to do 4.4 for 5 minutes though :eek: which is something I've only done a couple of times. Should be much more comfortable in the lower pens though - I hope

My recent form best is 3 w/kg for 5 mins - may not be enough for lead group but may keep me with others. Just don't fancy the flat section on my own as that will be really painful. I'll look for wheels and hang on for dear life!

13 rider

Guru
Well that went well ,lined up in the cylopathon race tonight in my racing score pen of E so this week I was near the top instead of last week's racing up at cat and being at the bottom , Checked out the sign up thing on zwift power and apart from 1 B cat rider who's 20 min was 3.6 wkg everyone else was near mine of 3.1 and the B cat didnt show 😁. First climb was steadyish 1 rider went off the front near the top so I put in a bit of a dig and crested 1st so I could rest more on the downhill , the whole bunch came back together so it was draft time , It didn't kick off on the aquaduct so still all together . Fondre team had a lot of riders 1 went for a break which I shut down and let the bunch come back , strangely I began to feel confident felt good ,uphill finish which suits me. Still can't believe Another Fondre rider didn't 1 2 me as I couldn't have closed another break ,did have a helpful offer from Carl to chase the next one , The bunch rode to the bottom of the climb where I had a dig early to split the group which I think dropped Carl sorry mate , then it was just a case of holding back and drafting anyone ahead , then at the 1 km mark I went all in 1 rider held for a while which had me worried but slowly the gap grew to 8 seconds as I crested and just rolled over the line dead but happy , That's my first reasonable sized race win on zwift

Last edited:

Whorty

Get in there ,I like hills
Cracking ride Phil. You chased attacks, worked hard on the climbs and definitely deserved that win. The Foudre guys were working as a team, but you snuffed them out :cheers::wahhey:

The first hill was ok, just. Another minute I was off the back but just held on. I wonder if they believed my bluff that if anyone tried to break away we'd catch them anyway on the flat so no point :laugh: Had the pace been higher that first climb I was gone, that was my max effort.

The flat I was just hanging on, definitely didn't have much left in the tank. Tried to get to 3 w/kg on the second climb but nothing left, couldn't get above 2.5 really.

My asthma has been playing up this past 2 weeks. My HR was over a 100 when I got on the bike, which is very unusual as it's normally around 60 bpm. Both my ave and max are higher than normal in the race too even though watts was slightly down. I think I may have a slight chest thing going on - I've been having asthma attacks the past week when I wouldn't normally xx( Don't think it would have made much difference had chest been better but I was a smidge nervous going into the climbs just in case :eek:

Whorty

Well that went well ,lined up in the cylopathon race tonight in my racing score pen of E so this week I was near the top instead of last week's racing up at cat and being at the bottom , Checked out the sign up thing on zwift power and apart from 1 B cat rider who's 20 min was 3.6 wkg everyone else was near mine of 3.1 and the B cat didnt show 😁. First climb was steadyish 1 rider went off the front near the top so I put in a bit of a dig and crested 1st so I could rest more on the downhill , the whole bunch came back together so it was draft time , It didn't kick off on the aquaduct so still all together . Fondre team had a lot of riders 1 went for a break which I shut down and let the bunch come back , strangely I began to feel confident felt good ,uphill finish which suits me. Still can't believe Another Fondre rider didn't 1 2 me as I couldn't have closed another break ,did have a helpful offer from Carl to chase the next one , The bunch rode to the bottom of the climb where I had a dig early to split the group which I think dropped Carl sorry mate , then it was just a case of holding back and drafting anyone ahead , then at the 1 km mark I went all in 1 rider held for a while which had me worried but slowly the gap grew to 8 seconds as I crested and just rolled over the line dead but happy , That's my first reasonable sized race win on zwift

Well deserved 🏅
I knew as soon as we hit the KoM and people were racing I'd be gone so was no surprise really. I did hope at least one other rider would struggle but I was the only one dropped. The 2 chasers caught me too, they were climbing at 28.8-3 w/kg for most of it and I couldn't get above 2.5.
Was great racing with you tonight, always fun having team mates in the group :cheers:

Whorty

The hardest thing for me was holding myself back and backing my climbing as I was so tempted to go long from 10k out which would have hurt

I think Foudre would have closed you down so may have been too many burned matches. You're a good climber compared to most Cs, so sensible to back your climbing

13 rider

Guru
Well deserved 🏅
I knew as soon as we hit the KoM and people were racing I'd be gone so was no surprise really. I did hope at least one other rider would struggle but I was the only one dropped. The 2 chasers caught me too, they were climbing at 28.8-3 w/kg for most of it and I couldn't get above 2.5.
Was great racing with you tonight, always fun having team mates in the group :cheers:
Yep much better having mates in the group .

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
My asthma has been playing up this past 2 weeks. My HR was over a 100 when I got on the bike, which is very unusual as it's normally around 60 bpm. Both my ave and max are higher than normal in the race too even though watts was slightly down. I think I may have a slight chest thing going on - I've been having asthma attacks the past week when I wouldn't normally xx( Don't think it would have made much difference had chest been better but I was a smidge nervous going into the climbs just in case :eek:

Daughter has brought home illness from first week back at school. Nothing too bad, but I was off colour this weekend washed out. She has had Monday off and this morning is slightly better.

Steady rides matey :okay:

Personally took me far longer to recover from yesterday's event, 1 AM this morning before orange stress levels turned to blue recovery.

Top Bottom