Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

13 rider

Guru
@alex_cycles , I've been looking at your new league and have a few questions
1, Is there a separate league each month ? , as I will miss the first 2
2, The team part do all the riders have to be in the same category? , if not this may suit us cyclechatters in D and C who can't get enough in each cat for a team
3, Theres no team admin ,you race individually with a team name on zwift power so no need for a team captain or admin

alex_cycles

Veteran
@alex_cycles , I've been looking at your new league and have a few questions
1, Is there a separate league each month ? , as I will miss the first 2
Yes - like the Friday Smash was. Fresh reset every month. But also importantly, we'll be shifting the category boundaries a bit each month so people don't get stuck at the top or bottom. This is one of the most powerful features of ZRS, I think. Gives organisers a lot more freedom with pen enforcement.

2, The team part do all the riders have to be in the same category? , if not this may suit us cyclechatters in D and C who can't get enough in each cat for a team
Interesting. I think it is per category, but it's based on top 4 per team per race. It won't be a disaster to only field 3 riders, but you probably won't win your cat if you do it every week. Hard to know yet how entries will be, but EMEA is looking healthy.

3, Theres no team admin ,you race individually with a team name on zwift power so no need for a team captain or admin
Exactly that. As long as your primary team on ZP is set correctly before the race, that race will count towards team stats.

The whole thing is designed to be as simple as possible so we can focus on fun and racing and not worry about too much admin and boring stuff.

alex_cycles

Veteran
Thanks for the reply Alex , I will be riding it from round 3 if which looks likely we don't have enough C's for a Zrl team

Get @Whorty and @CXRAndy in too and anyone else who's not ZRLing. No idea what your ZRS scores are but it should be great fun anyway.

Also important to note that no commitment is required here. You can dip in and out whenever you like which fits people's flexible lives better.

Last edited:

steverob

Guru
Thanks for the reply Alex , I will be riding it from round 3 if which looks likely we don't have enough C's for a Zrl team
That's the problem we've got - we have strictly speaking got enough riders to field both a C and a D team, but we are right on the edge. If one person can't make a particular week, then the rest of the team might as well not take part because we'll be short and so automatically finish last.

I'm officially a D right now, but have a feeling that after 3-4 races (or some weight loss) I'll be back in C, though it doesn't really matter as I can only make a maximum of two races of the first ZRL season this year anyway due to work.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Get @Whorty and @CXRAndy in too and anyone else who's not ZRLing. No idea what your ZRS scores are but it should be great fun anyway.

Also important to note that no commitment is required here. You can dip in and out whenever you like which fits people's flexible lives better.

Not been around the racing much this year, do I need to sign up to anything specific or do I just join the race in the normal way?

Oh, and what times are the races :laugh:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Not been around the racing much this year, do I need to sign up to anything specific or do I just join the race in the normal way?

Oh, and what times are the races :laugh:

Races are at 1050 Atlantic if you prefer mornings or 1850 for EMEA. If you're a nutter there's one for USW at 0215 too ^_^

No signup required other than to the races. Full details here (or in my signature)

All the race links are here It's using the new ZRS score, so a bit experimental, but hopefully will shake out pretty quickly and be good fun racing.

Whorty

Races are at 1050 Atlantic if you prefer mornings or 1850 for EMEA. If you're a nutter there's one for USW at 0215 too ^_^

No signup required other than to the races. Full details here (or in my signature)

All the race links are here It's using the new ZRS score, so a bit experimental, but hopefully will shake out pretty quickly and be good fun racing.

Signed up to next Tuesday 18:50 UK time. Cat D as my ZRS is just under 400 (looks like mid table for that cat so should be interesting on a flat course).

Well done for organising :cheers:

13 rider

Guru
Alex I've signed up for Tuesday morning event. I don't believe there will be enough riders to form a regular ZRL C team so will use your league for racing. Plus morning events are much better for me to recover from.
Those are my thoughts as well but will miss this Tuesdays as I going to do Steve's evening ride and I'm away next week so will drop into round 3 . I think my racing score pure me in E .

Whorty

Alex I've signed up for Tuesday morning event. I don't believe there will be enough riders to form a regular ZRL C team so will use your league for racing. Plus morning events are much better for me to recover from.

I'll try to race mornings too after next week, but have gf here Monday evening so she won't have gone before next week's race - and I don't really want to scare her by me being all sweaty in lycra :eek: xx( :laugh:

Top Bottom