Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Origin Broadband are a fleet of clowns, still no broadband…

mjd1988

Guru
Been posting after a few good performances recently but haven't been doing as much as I should, and got 7 bells knocked out of me there. No substitute for consistency

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Looking at Ben O'Connor palmares.

He's got stage wins in all grand tours and a few podium finish places recently in major stage events

I think he may have a chance. He looked fresh after yesterday's 'queens' stage. Sneaking a third spot to claw back 4 secs from Roglic

Roglic looked slightly worse for wear

mjd1988

Guru
Looking at Ben O'Connor palmares.

He's got stage wins in all grand tours and a few podium finish places recently in major stage events

I think he may have a chance. He looked fresh after yesterday's 'queens' stage. Sneaking a third spot to claw back 4 secs from Roglic

Roglic looked slightly worse for wear

Yeah he's finished strongly in the tour de france so definitely has pedigree. Mad decision that Bora gave him so much time the other day, but it's asking a lot; although the big two aren't there it's a strong field

alex_cycles

Veteran
Yes , bizarre to let a strong seasoned rider so much time.

Visma did the same last year, leading to Roglic leaving due to falling out

I thought Primoz got peed off because he had to ride for Kuss because JV wanted the three Grand Tours with three different riders.
Just a bit too competitive and greedy, really. Mind you he does crash a lot, so was probably frustrated to not be able to go for it despite staying upright.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I thought Primoz got peed off because he had to ride for Kuss because JV wanted the three Grand Tours with three different riders.
Just a bit too competitive and greedy, really. Mind you he does crash a lot, so was probably frustrated to not be able to go for it despite staying upright.

From memory JV was very supportive of Sepp Kuss.

It was Roglic who kept attacking Kuss and not playing the domestique roll once Kuss got the big lead.

Bad blood after the event lead to Roglic leaving.

Ultimately a bad move by Roglic, Bora aren't as strong as Visma. He could have had potentially a few more tour wins by choosing either Giro or Vuelta as his target.

Now that Pogacar has refound his top form, Roglic is left with only the Vuelta and a weak squad

alex_cycles

Veteran
From memory JV was very supportive of Sepp Kuss.

It was Roglic who kept attacking Kuss and not playing the domestique roll once Kuss got the big lead.

Bad blood after the event lead to Roglic leaving.

Ultimately a bad move by Roglic, Bora aren't as strong as Visma. He could have had potentially a few more tour wins by choosing either Giro or Vuelta as his target.

Now that Pogacar has refound his top form, Roglic is left with only the Vuelta and a weak squad

Yep all correct - except maybe I think Roglic left because he didn't want to play second-fiddle to Vingegaard. Having to ride for Kuss probably really annoyed him. Team orders and all that. I doubt he had anything against Kuss. He probably also considered the Vuelta as his because he won it three times too. WHatever. Sportsmen and their egos :laugh: I still like him though - just wish he didn't crash so much.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Punchy power stage 5

What a cockup!

Wife rings me just before 1min countdown, you know how women like to chat :laugh:

Got off the phone, started recording with only 40 secs to go. Selected big chainring, nothing, zilch, nada.:cursing:

Jumped off bike scrambling around for Di2 charger lead, fumbled getting it connected. By the time I got going I was something like 20secs off the pack.

I thought I might be able to catch the main bunch alas no. I decided to make my way through the bunch of stragglers until I found a decent sized group to race with.

Oh well, good exercise. Hopefully see you tonight for round two CCC warm up events

View: https://youtu.be/gc6kFPiSANg?si=GylUkYY3YhAszw-n

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
3 of us tonight, Phil , Alex and little old me.

Phil shot out the gate, I tried to get away straight away, no chance with Alex hunting me down.

Alex lit up the LS, my best numbers up LS in maybe two years. Phil close behind.

I threatened to sneak away from Alex,whilst he chatted with Phil. Too strong. Lap two crumbled up LS and had to keep going from fast finishing Phil

Well done chaps - surprised myself after this morning's race

alex_cycles

Veteran
3 of us tonight, Phil , Alex and little old me.

Phil shot out the gate,
I called him a rude name for that :laugh:
I tried to get away straight away, no chance with Alex hunting me down.
I was a meany and dragged Phil back onto you ^_^

Alex lit up the LS, my best numbers up LS in maybe two years. Phil close behind.
I started ramping about 150m out and was going for an FTS PR. Not far off I think. 45.80 PR is 45.36 I'd have smashed it if I'd have had a feather on lap 1.

I threatened to sneak away from Alex,whilst he chatted with Phil.
You got 6s and started stretching it so I thought I better ramp it up. I was fairly confident I could get 6s back on the Snapper but I thought it would be better to try and get back on.

Too strong. Lap two crumbled up LS and had to keep going from fast finishing Phil
You were gaining on me a bit in the last 2 km. I was keeping a close eye on that.
Good fun. Thanks guys

Well done chaps - surprised myself after this morning's race

View: https://youtube.com/live/zwuiMvduEsU

13 rider

Guru
Tonight I learnt why the leg snapper has that name 🤣, blew both times up it . I wasn't planning on the start ,start hardish but saw a gap straight away so gave it a hopeful dig but Andy closed me down then went over the top and I burnt matches closing that gap ,why do we do this too one another . Decided to try and go longish into the snapper hoping to weaken Andy and Alex's kick which I don't have ,let's say it didn't work , Once I go into the red currently in takes a while to get my heart rate down , Once recovered I could just tempo my way back . Thanks for the offer of waiting Alex but I was too far back and I wanted you to make it painful for Andy 🤣. The gap closed in once those 2 were together and marking each other got the gap down to 25 secs while they crested the snapper but it ballooned again when I blew up 2nd time around ,
Still a good workout as I've not raced since May I definitely lost my top end

Top Bottom