Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Well done and thanks for organising this Alex. Sounds great. It takes some effort to organise especially the league/series aspect. Hopefully you won’t get too many whinging about “I was in the wrong category “ or “so and so cheated”.

Apologies In advance 😂

Agreed- super impressive, I'm hoping it may be late enough that I can make it but appreciate that if I don't make it it doesn't punish a team as such

alex_cycles

Veteran
Apologies In advance 😂

Agreed- super impressive, I'm hoping it may be late enough that I can make it but appreciate that if I don't make it it doesn't punish a team as such

So think of it more as an individual series with a team component to make it more interesting. If we weren't alternating the category thresholds I would have more options to, say, do a series over 8 weeks and pick your best 5 or 6 results. But you can't have everything, and -particularly while ZRS is new - I think the alternating thresholds will be valuable.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Felt fantastic last weekend, ran a course PB 19:07 at parkrun, had a lovely 10-mile run on Sunday (my 43rd birthday), bought some snazzy 8oz running shoes on Monday, but got struck down by <something> in the middle of the week - to the point that I had my first day off work in nine years yesterday…

Feeling a bit better now. Unfortunately our broadband has died, although that does at least remove the temptation for me to do ‘a gentle Zwift’…

mjd1988

Guru
https://www.reddit.com/r/cycling/s/HLYX9eBryl

Interesting thread re sprinting indoors and outdoors. I had a go at sprint repeats outdoors the other week hoping to find that my trainer was holding back and I'd magically have track sprinter numbers. I did beat my all time 1 second sprint...by 1 (one) watt. Found it much harder to get near 30 seconds sprint interestingly. How do others find the comparison?

Peter Salt

Bittersweet

Interesting thread re sprinting indoors and outdoors. I had a go at sprint repeats outdoors the other week hoping to find that my trainer was holding back and I'd magically have track sprinter numbers. I did beat my all time 1 second sprint...by 1 (one) watt. Found it much harder to get near 30 seconds sprint interestingly. How do others find the comparison?
I don't have the bike handling skills... I wouldn't dare to go full beans outdoors for longer than a few seconds. Short efforts, 1-5s, are higher outdoors but no more than 5%.

alex_cycles

Veteran

My outdoor sprint numbers are higher. They used to be a LOT higher, but now just a bit. I attribute it mainly towards being able to rock the bike and use arms, but you also get a lot of cooling airflow outside, which shouldn't matter much in a 30s effort though. Left table is outdoor, right is indoor. I'm not quite convinced that 1s outdoor 1102 is real though, it might be a "clipping in" artefact. The "season" in "This Season" is 90 days.

Screen Shot 2024-08-24 at 21.31.12.png

I do go for short punchy climb segments outside. One of this year's targets is a railway bridge which takes about 30s.
I also enjoyed the DRS FTS segments a great deal.

alex_cycles

Veteran
My indoor sprint peak is around 1180W. My outdoor record 1400W

Beast 👏😂

mjd1988

Guru
Did you see yesterdays stage 9 Vuelta?

Exciting for all sorts of reasons,

Enric Mas doing Mr Whippy moves @ 50mph :ohmy:

Saw the highlights! Great to see Mas attacking. As much as I wanted pogacar to try for the three, I kind of love the randomness of the vuelta, and that people are just going up the road and catapulting themselves up the GC. Hope roglic isn't sick.

Top Bottom