Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Good advice that. :okay: And if you'd like to learn more about the most "efficient" way to level up, Zwift Insider is an absolute wealth of information, and/or ask here.

(And then you'll know why even those of us at stupidly high levels still insist on finishing to the nearest whole km after every race :laugh:)
It's just an ingrained habit to get the extra 20XP that you no longer need ^_^

I still do that too - can't finish a ride at 19.8km, needs to be a nice 20km :laugh: :laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Newbie tip - start the Everest challenge now - this will run and run, each metre you climb you will get closer to the TRON bike.

Its the default challenge now for new Zwifters. It became default after recent update

alex_cycles

Veteran

alex_cycles

Veteran
Quick tip any doing the Pinerello racing ,don't do your warm on your tron up and then drop into the pen at the last minute as zwift will equip you with basic zwift wheels ,That my excuse 75th out of 176 not bad as Ive not done a mass entry event since May

One of my team-mates just got his Tron bike today. He wasn't overly chuffed to learn about the new Pinarello last week :laugh:

13 rider

Guru
Also @alex_cycles I seem to have perfectly sandbagged by race score up by 12 to 347 so still in your E cat 😁 unless I get the wrong week where I will be in D . I presume as I race more the score will improve or decrease (hopefully not as that means I'm rubbish) as more results are added

alex_cycles

Veteran
Also @alex_cycles I seem to have perfectly sandbagged by race score up by 12 to 347 so still in your E cat 😁 unless I get the wrong week where I will be in D . I presume as I race more the score will improve or decrease (hopefully not as that means I'm rubbish) as more results are added

Yes the idea is that your score should adjust you to the correct level. It remains to be seen how well it works, but initially it does rely on a seed score calculated from power data. So if you've had an off season you should go up quite fast.

Tomorrow's flat race I recommend people go aero. There really isn't much climbing. The worst bit is once up Northumberland in the lead-in

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Alex's Cyclopathon.

Didn't have the punch today, lost the will to dig in coming into the finishing straight

View: https://youtu.be/FlBF8Z_PMns?si=WnZxfWRUSFO2-iFq

Excuse - I blame the new cassette and no steering

I did much better than expected. vELO showed me as predicted 12th before the race, 13th after the race and I managed to scratch up 4th in the final. I think I managed to go much deeper than usual as I was well rested. I went to almost -5kJ on the W'bals at the end.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/fDmn0pkFOtQ?si=j1CEkE2wkNsQx9DB

I beat all my team-mates from last season's DRS Sapphire Emerald team (above the league I was in). That's the second time in as many months so I think it shows my Summer Base Training of long easy outdoor rides is having an effect.

bridgy

Legendary Member
I did much better than expected. vELO showed me as predicted 12th before the race, 13th after the race and I managed to scratch up 4th in the final. I think I managed to go much deeper than usual as I was well rested. I went to almost -5kJ on the W'bals at the end.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/fDmn0pkFOtQ?si=j1CEkE2wkNsQx9DB

I beat all my team-mates from last season's DRS Sapphire Emerald team (above the league I was in). That's the second time in as many months so I think it shows my Summer Base Training of long easy outdoor rides is having an effect.

Are you racing this evening's one as well Alex? - I just signed up and see your name in there...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
In D race tonight I'm ranked last out of 27 :eek: 7 of the riders are old B cat...... just be hoping to hang on as long as possible but last place is what I'm looking at :laugh:

Edit: worst out of 31 now!
Expectations set. Need to get myself to the finish line with others and see if I have any sprint left so I don't come last :training:

Edit 2 : just saw @CXRAndy 's time of 34:41 from this mornings race - something to aim for. I have a much larger field so assuming I can get to Northumberland Ave and then over the top, with a few riders, then I may have a chance. Saying that though, the race the other day I was dead after 15 mins so to hold on for 34 mins may be very optimistic xx(:surrender:

Last edited:
Top Bottom