Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Del C

Veteran
Hi @alex_cycles

Tried to send you this as a private messsage but ran into a 420 character limit, so posting here instead.

Hi Alex

Some of the guys in Level may be interested in the league/series you're proposing to cover the loss of DIRT Racing Series. They'd be interested in an EMEA time slot.

They would prefer it if there was a team element as well as individual.

I thought I'd drop you a message to see if you're aware that you could do this through Zwiftpower? You'd need to look at the details on setting it up, but I remember we used to use this when I was racing for Cyclechat in the Danish Bike Riders series.

It requires all riders to set their primary team in Zwiftpower to the team they are racing for in the series, eg if I'm racing for Level then that's ok as they are already my primary team. But if I chose to race for Cyclechat, then I can flip the priority team to Cyclechat either permanently or just for that league/series.

What this does is allow you to set the race up based on individual entries, but then leave the riders to organise their teams themselves.

The team ranking are updated after each race and are visible through Zwiftpower under Leagues and Team Standings

Del C

Veteran
Oh and hi everyone. I do lurk but not post these days!

And I hope @BurningLegs is recovering well from surgery

alex_cycles

Veteran
Hi @alex_cycles

Tried to send you this as a private messsage but ran into a 420 character limit, so posting here instead.

Hi Alex

Some of the guys in Level may be interested in the league/series you're proposing to cover the loss of DIRT Racing Series. They'd be interested in an EMEA time slot.

They would prefer it if there was a team element as well as individual.

I thought I'd drop you a message to see if you're aware that you could do this through Zwiftpower? You'd need to look at the details on setting it up, but I remember we used to use this when I was racing for Cyclechat in the Danish Bike Riders series.

It requires all riders to set their primary team in Zwiftpower to the team they are racing for in the series, eg if I'm racing for Level then that's ok as they are already my primary team. But if I chose to race for Cyclechat, then I can flip the priority team to Cyclechat either permanently or just for that league/series.

What this does is allow you to set the race up based on individual entries, but then leave the riders to organise their teams themselves.

The team ranking are updated after each race and are visible through Zwiftpower under Leagues and Team Standings

Yes I was aware of that ZP functionality, but I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible and the main issue is with large clubs like DIRT or AHDR which may have multiple teams in the same event. Also factor in that many people will not get it right with the ZP "Team" thing. I would also prefer a team element and hopefully this will be an option within the next few months due to "things in development". But we will start in September with three time zones and simple, individual League.

I'm hoping to use ZRS now as well which would give pen enforcement. With tight categories it should be good racing.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Yes I was aware of that ZP functionality, but I'm trying to keep this as simple as possible and the main issue is with large clubs like DIRT or AHDR which may have multiple teams in the same event. Also factor in that many people will not get it right with the ZP "Team" thing. I would also prefer a team element and hopefully this will be an option within the next few months due to "things in development". But we will start in September with three time zones and simple, individual League.

I'm hoping to use ZRS now as well which would give pen enforcement. With tight categories it should be good racing.

Hi @alex_cycles - I don't know anything about this race series you're looking to set up. Can you give some more info or a link to further info?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Had a good race in round 3 Punchers 4 laps rooftop rendezvous

I knew I'd struggle with the climbs, that became apparent half way up the first lap. Dropped, but so were a small group, which we coalesced for the remaining laps.

I knew if I could hang on to the group over the final crest, I would make my attack on the descent having spotted a flat section where I would launch my sprint, exceed 36mph and gain supertuck position.

From there I could recover and sprint a couple more times to keep me super-tuck speed. It worked, I gapped my pack by 3 secs and comfortably came in 14th from 40 riders.

No video, having closed the OBR app whilst setting up wife's indoor turbo

bridgy

Legendary Member
https://cyclopathy.com/2024/08/10/cyclopathon-monthly-league-on-zp/

Sure thing. I got on it when I heard about DRS not going ahead. Not everything is resolved yet, but hopefully getting there.

Thanks! I'd really like to do this, but I see it's on the same days as ZRL and we're currently working on putting a team together for that if we can, so it depends if that works out or not.

Did you consider doing your series on a different day to Tuesdays so that people can do both your series and ZRL?

alex_cycles

Veteran
Thanks! I'd really like to do this, but I see it's on the same days as ZRL and we're currently working on putting a team together for that if we can, so it depends if that works out or not.

Did you consider doing your series on a different day to Tuesdays so that people can do both your series and ZRL?

Yeah the thing is the idea behind it really is that many people have built their week around a Tuesday race but don't want to do ZRL.

All things are possible though. We're going to start on Tuesdays but it doesn't mean it will necessarily have to be that way forever.

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hi @Ketty I hope you're well? Just wondering if you'd be interested in joining the Splitters quad fro the upcoming new ZRL season starting on Tuesday nights from 10th September? Probably going to be a 19:30 (UK time) timeslot.

Any other Cat B's interested, please also let me know

alex_cycles

Veteran

Further to thie @Del C I will have a look at the existing ZP League team funcionality too - just in case it can be of use.

mjd1988

Guru
Hello strangers - how are things here on CycleChat these days?

I have been off the bike and all physical exercise for an extended period (8 months!) following a medical issue, and just getting back into things. Started with a roll up "the grade" yesterday as a baseline test. I never knew that so few watts could hurt so much! :laugh:

What's been happening here, and on the platform? Any big changes I should know about? :smile:

Oh and hi everyone. I do lurk but not post these days!

Good to see some familiar faces back, sorry to hear you were injured Nick

And I hope @BurningLegs is recovering well from surgery

Good to see some familiar faces back, sorry to hear you were injured Nick

https://cyclopathy.com/2024/08/10/cyclopathon-monthly-league-on-zp/

Sure thing. I got on it when I heard about DRS not going ahead. Not everything is resolved yet, but hopefully getting there.

New league sounds interesting Alex, similarly Tuesdays not the best for me but.late start might make it a possibility, especially if it's for individual bragging rights as I can enter and if I can't make it I wouldn't be letting anyone down

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Crit City Dolphin 425-550
Having a RS of 427 I wasn't expecting to set the world on fire

It felt like the old days of racing in B cat I was holding on for dear life after lap 3 and by lap 5 popped. I held position and rolled 8th from 12 .

I was reviewing the results, new PBs for cobbled climb and full laps for me, seeing all these young B and A riders. Then the winner was 62!

His riding capacity though is enormous. Nearly 1200 miles in a month !

I'll post video later when I can get off the bed :laugh:

Top Bottom