Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Hi chaps and happy summer 😎
Are there still Cyclechat teams active in the ZRL? I see the 2024/25 season starts on 10th September. I’ll most likely return to indoor action (😬 keep it clean) mid September and keen to get involved once I can work out what’s going and where I sit with the category system.

Ah just realising with my wife being back at work she now works Tuesday evenings so unless I get much quicker at putting two kids to bed I'm unlikely to be able to take part 😭

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Today DBR. Dolphin Crit 15 laps.

A race of missed opportunity. There was small attendance for each group. I was expecting the Faster B/A to come by, but it looks like they were hidden from us. One rider got off the front, second a lap or two jumped over, and I was in a position to go but hesitated thinking of other cats catching us. They literally rode away from a small pack content to cruise . So I waited and waited till just less than 300 metres

View: https://youtu.be/S4Z4bnsYMuw?t=2885

alex_cycles

Veteran
Going to do something a bit different today. Not done any of the "100 climbs" for quite a while - nearly 2 years, I think. So I'm going to have a go at the two London ones on the gravel bike this evening after I drop my wife at Stansted airport. I've planned a nice 30 mile ride most of which is along the path next to the river Lee.

Screenshot_20240811-121747.jpg That will then leave just the two on the South coast to clear up the reds in the South East region.

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Last edited:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Hi chaps and happy summer 😎
Are there still Cyclechat teams active in the ZRL? I see the 2024/25 season starts on 10th September. I’ll most likely return to indoor action (😬 keep it clean) mid September and keen to get involved once I can work out what’s going and where I sit with the category system.

Hi Al - yes I'm interested in doing the upcming ZRL and I think we have a few otehrs on board too. I'll start a new private group chat to discuss timeslots etc and include you in it, and see if we can get a team sorted

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Wife has decided she wanted to ride indoors on her outdoor ebike, an early birthday present

1000014456.jpg

After a little tuition from son, and Google I've got two screens running simultaneously with one on Rouvy (wife's preference) and Zwift on my screen:wahhey:

1000014462.jpg

Also Wahoo was incorrect, you can use and Ebike on a kickr-snap

Let the indoor season begin :biggrin:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Wife has decided she wanted to ride indoors on her outdoor ebike, an early birthday present

View attachment 740993

After a little tuition from son, and Google I've got two screens running simultaneously with one on Rouvy (wife's preference) and Zwift on my screen:wahhey:

View attachment 740994

Also Wahoo was incorrect, you can use and Ebike on a kickr-snap

Let the indoor season begin :biggrin:

Still places available on the Splitters Cat B ZRL team if your wife and her e-bike are interested Andy :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member
I'm considering joining the craze and buying a gravel bike. There seem to be some good deals around but I don't really know what to look for in a gravel bike. Anyone got any recommendations?

I expect I'll want to do some racing on it as well as using it as a winter bike.

No advice on gravel bikes from me I'm afraid but I did see and add for these recently which might be of interest - Orro are a British bike brand, designed and made in Britain apparently - some big savings here https://www.orrobikes.com/outlet/bikes/53

(I think quite a few bike brands are slashing prices right now trying to shift bikes which aren't selling so I'm sure there's other good bargains around too)

Hello strangers - how are things here on CycleChat these days?

I have been off the bike and all physical exercise for an extended period (8 months!) following a medical issue, and just getting back into things. Started with a roll up "the grade" yesterday as a baseline test. I never knew that so few watts could hurt so much! :laugh:

What's been happening here, and on the platform? Any big changes I should know about? :smile:

alex_cycles

Veteran

I have been off the bike and all physical exercise for an extended period (8 months!) following a medical issue, and just getting back into things. Started with a roll up "the grade" yesterday as a baseline test. I never knew that so few watts could hurt so much! :laugh:

What's been happening here, and on the platform? Any big changes I should know about? :smile:

Hello Nick.

The biggest change recently has been the pilot test of ZRS (Zwift Racing Score) which is their new results-based cat system.
It's currently running in Beta on certain races but shows some signs of usefulness. It probably needs rolling out a bit wider so it can feed on more delicious data and get more accurate. But I think it will evolve and improve with time.

Hope your medical stuff is all resolved. :okay:

bridgy

Legendary Member

Hi Nick - good to hear from you! So when do you think you'll be back to Cat B levels of fitness as we could do with some more teammates for the ZRL team!

Top Bottom