Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

steverob

Guru
Chances are most of you will have seen this on ZwiftInsider or one of the other sources of news, but I thought I'd summarise the basics of the next Zwift Racing League season here just in case.
  • First round starts September 10th, 6 races as usual
  • Categories will be based on Pace Group boundaries (e.g. zFTP and zMAP)
  • First five courses are Douce France (TTT), Sugar Cookie (Points), Country to Coastal (Scratch), Greater London 8 (TTT) and Glyph Heights (Points)
  • The sixth race will be on a custom course and there is a competition for riders to create this - the best will be subject to a vote. See here for more details, but you only have six more days to enter
  • FAL bonuses on the Points stages are now for the top 20 places, FTS remain top 10 only
  • Finish line points are now based on field size, so no more getting 20+ points for finishing last in a small league

alex_cycles

Veteran
Chances are most of you will have seen this on ZwiftInsider or one of the other sources of news, but I thought I'd summarise the basics of the next Zwift Racing League season here just in case.
  • First five courses are Douce France (TTT), Sugar Cookie (Points), Country to Coastal (Scratch), Greater London 8 (TTT) and Glyph Heights (Points)
  • The sixth race will be on a custom course and there is a competition for riders to create this - the best will be subject to a vote. See here for more details, but you only have six more days to enter
  • FAL bonuses on the Points stages are now for the top 20 places, FTS remain top 10 only
  • Finish line points are now based on field size, so no more getting 20+ points for finishing last in a small league

FAL battle points :laugh:
Joking aside, that is a positive change IMHO.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)

I can't do 29th oct but apart from that I should be available all other Tuesdays :okay:

Definitely mid level C at moment with no climbing legs and average sprint, but happy to puke guts up trying to get as many points as possible :laugh:

steverob

Guru
I have no idea whether I will be a C or a D at the time the new ZRL season starts. Right now I'm still officially a C according to ZP, but that's more down to a single Bologna TT ride I did back in May. When that drops off my results in about two weeks' time, I don't know where it will place me. Also I'm not a subscriber at the moment anyway, so it's not like I can do much riding on Zwift right now.

Having said that I did win a C race today, one that went up (and down) the Grade TWICE! Now to be fair, there were only three riders in the C category (and 10 overall) and both of the other two quit before the end of the race, so it's not as impressive as it sounds, but a win's a win.

Interestingly, both of them quit not long after I overtook them at not far past the halfway stage, which is probably more to do with them not having checked the course before the start and suddenly realising that we had to go back up that hill again, but I like to think that it was more to do with them realising that beating me was going to be tough given that I was 30 seconds faster down the hill than them and they were only 20 seconds faster than me up it!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Punchy power stage 2. I chose an earlier slot which meant I wasnt using 'racing score', instead the usual C category.

I felt the pace was tough, hung onto the front pack up and over the first climb, but it was touch and go. I was gapped and that was it for me and two others. We rode second lap where a larger pack caught us. I managed to stay with them, went early for the sprint (if you can call it that) held off all but 4 riders.

View: https://youtu.be/yxsWdjGomkA?si=JVUMdVokG_mz5-E4

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You were alright for the first couple of laps then it started to sag.

The repeated sprints came back to bite me

Turns out I was actually out of my depth compared to the others

1000014359.jpg

Norry1

Legendary Member
I'm considering joining the craze and buying a gravel bike. There seem to be some good deals around but I don't really know what to look for in a gravel bike. Anyone got any recommendations?

I expect I'll want to do some racing on it as well as using it as a winter bike.

Top Bottom