Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
My 'Racing Score' is declining. I've had some decent results, standard C cat not RS category events. I guess the competition must be lower grade to effect my reduction.

Was 426.........now 418.

At this rate I may just fall into the sub 400 bracket :biggrin:

alex_cycles

Veteran
My 'Racing Score' is declining. I've had some decent results, standard C cat not RS category events. I guess the competition must be lower grade to effect my reduction.

Was 426.........now 418.

At this rate I may just fall into the sub 400 bracket :biggrin:

To begin with, everyone's ZRS was reducing by 0.5 every day as a natural decay (but not going below their seed score).
I think that has now been changed, but you might have had several days of -0.5 already in the bag since I think you've only done 1 ZRS race on 4th July in RGV?

ZRS will only be affected by ZRS races at the moment (as long as you're not setting new power records at 30s and 10m in other Zwift activities)

alex_cycles

Veteran
Hadn't realised that the RS wasn't being calculated from all results, given it's on ZP profile. Just have to wait for it be adopted

Still very much in the test phase. This is only week 2. Rolling it out fully would be rather risky. But I think it's likely to happen once it's tweaked and tested a bit more. I've done 7 ZRS races so far and gone from 540 to 577. But I'm leaving it alone for a few days now as I've got DRS on Tuesday.

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Jo’s away for the weekend so I did the JETT 100km endurance ride last night after the boys went to bed. It’s listed as 3.0-3.3w/kg but they get rid of the fence on the hills and everything goes crazy. Impressive ride management, though - they regrouped quickly after each climb.

Definitely felt that I got a good workout, even if I didn’t get to bed until past midnight.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I ventured out into the real world today. Like a ghost town as everyone is at home waiting for England to lose to Spain at some sporting thing.

1720979104147.png

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Mrs and I had a shake down ride with around 90% pannier full load.

We were visiting friends who are off travelling in their converted van from Alaska to the tip of Argentina over 8 months.

Wife did magnificently, with a round trip of 60 miles.

By far the furthest she has ever cycled in one day. She's a lot more confident of being able to cope with the route King Alfred's

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well King Alfred's Way was fantastic and brutal in equal measure! If anyone's ever thinking of doing it feel free to reach out and pick my brains!

My main advice would be to either make sure you go after some kind of prolonged drought! Many of the trails were extremely wet and muddy still and that really slows you up. Doing it in 3 days in those conditions was quite tough with long days in the saddle each day.

Overall though, great fun and really glad we did it - I might be able to sit back on a bike saddle some time tomorrow I hope ^_^

View attachment 730137
Mud glorious mud

View attachment 730138
Devil's Punchbowl (big climb up to here!)

View attachment 730139
Butser Hill - steeper than it looks!

View attachment 730140
King Alfred himself

View attachment 730141
We went round this one!

View attachment 730142
Basingstoke Canal

View attachment 730143
Finish at Stonehenge in the early evening sun

View attachment 730144
Pub stop in Avebury (with umbrella up for rain rather than sun protection!)
We stopped there too, ☀️ ☀️

1000013667.jpg

Just a few more days left. So far really lucky with weather. Rained on for 30 mins first day.

Top Bottom