Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Trying to get 2 sessions in a day , maybe 40 mins to an hour .
Legs tired today so the second session hurt right from the start and i was on the limit to hold onto the pacer , i managed to get to 36 mins and gave up .I have started doing the multi gym again making sure i dont stress the thumb joint so everything aches anyway ;)

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
The Chop this morning, C pack nearly won it, caught on the last km. Our pack was half the size of B. Came 8th Zwift, 6th ZP. Rolled in with mid pack B absolutely gassed afterwards

View: https://youtu.be/hx55Ezxs-mw?si=1GYsblCoDpwbTiWl

steverob

Guru
Set a new personal record for power yesterday - 735W for 15 seconds. And I did it outside too!

Admittedly I've only had a power meter on my regular (new) bike for 5 months, so there's a small chance I might have set outdoor power records before and didn't know (although very unlikely) but until now every PR has been set on Zwift.

It's amazing how inspiring it is to have a traffic light turn amber on a narrow hump back bridge just as you're getting close to the top; really had to go for it to make sure I got across before it turned red!

13 rider

Guru
Set a new personal record for power yesterday - 735W for 15 seconds. And I did it outside too!

Admittedly I've only had a power meter on my regular (new) bike for 5 months, so there's a small chance I might have set outdoor power records before and didn't know (although very unlikely) but until now every PR has been set on Zwift.

It's amazing how inspiring it is to have a traffic light turn amber on a narrow hump back bridge just as you're getting close to the top; really had to go for it to make sure I got across before it turned red!
Or you could have just cruised and jumped the red light like all cyclists 😁

bridgy

Legendary Member
Zwift updates, mainly for steering users, but a bonus if you have sensor input problems during an event. No longer does your avatar stop when entering pairing screen

View: https://youtu.be/L3QL9WEFJBk?si=QbxSbrFKHhC8mxGd

Avatar does still stop in pairing screen as before if you stop pedalling (specifically doing less than 20w) - important to note for those rare bike change situations in a race!

I tried the steering function again on my Neo bike the other day - I had tried it when it was first released and found it absolutely awful to the point it was unuseable, but they do seem to have fixed that at some point. Now it's very reactive and worked pretty well and I quite enjoyed it so I might try using it in races a bit more when it's allowed

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Re steering, I've been really pleased with it. Used it to shorten corners for sneaky overtaking, getting back in the draft quickly is a big bonus. What Alex likes to do steer an opponent off your wheel so they lose the draft.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Completed climb portal for tour de France

Col de Peyresourde. I need a fair bit more endurance work . My HR drift was poor for a 45 min effort

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Was thinking of the Tinys tomorrow, the checked out who was in the first race. Has something changed with the cats, as this is supposed to be a C race and it's 50% Bs. Second chap in list is roughly my weight, and has a 20 min power of 4.1 w/kg ... how is that C? On a hillier course, which they seem to be this week, I'd be being dropped within a minute as I'd be last by a country mile to this group.
I looked at the D race and that had Cs (although I can't sign up) and I'd struggle to hang on to them too. Something doesn't look right but I've been away too long and no idea what's going on.
I think I'll go to the gym instead :laugh:

1720803220703.png

D racers

1720803534681.png

alex_cycles

Veteran
Re steering, I've been really pleased with it. Used it to shorten corners for sneaky overtaking, getting back in the draft quickly is a big bonus. What Alex likes to do steer an opponent off your wheel so they lose the draft.

I certainly like to do it to Stephen Hynes for the final sprint on the Friday Smash, but I don't routinely do it to be a dick during a long event. :laugh:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Was thinking of the Tinys tomorrow, the checked out who was in the first race. Has something changed with the cats, as this is supposed to be a C race and it's 50% Bs. Second chap in list is roughly my weight, and has a 20 min power of 4.1 w/kg ... how is that C? On a hillier course, which they seem to be this week, I'd be being dropped within a minute as I'd be last by a country mile to this group.
I looked at the D race and that had Cs (although I can't sign up) and I'd struggle to hang on to them too. Something doesn't look right but I've been away too long and no idea what's going on.
I think I'll go to the gym instead :laugh:

View attachment 737238

D racers

View attachment 737239

It's the new ZRS zwift racing score testing. Results based. There should be five groups. Sorry but you need to stop thinking in terms of 20m w/kg ABCD and embrace the newness.

I've done seven of the test races now and found them good fun. Wrote a blog article about it too. https://cyclopathy.com/2024/07/08/what-is-zwift-racing-score-like/

Your ZRS is 427

Screen Shot 2024-07-12 at 20.22.29.png

So you can race in C pen but so could I until my previous race where I went over 575.

Screen Shot 2024-07-12 at 20.24.29.png These pens are quite wide, but some evening events have split them out much more into 10 groups.

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
It's the new ZRS zwift racing score testing. Results based. There should be five groups. Sorry but you need to stop thinking in terms of 20m w/kg ABCD and embrace the newness.

I've done seven of the test races now and found them good fun. Wrote a blog article about it too. https://cyclopathy.com/2024/07/08/what-is-zwift-racing-score-like/

Your ZRS is 427

View attachment 737254

So you can race in C pen but so could I until my previous race where I went over 575.

View attachment 737255 These pens are quite wide, but some evening events have split them out much more into 10 groups.

Problem is only letting me in C pen, there is no way I can hold any of their wheels. I'd struggle to come mid table in the D pen. So not totally sure the groupings for the Tinys is representative hence no way I'd waste my time on them as I'd end up doing a TT, having less rest than others for race 2 etc etc
I really like the idea of results based rankings but I'd assume that the current ranking would be pretty close and it would be those at the top/bottom of cats who win/lose who move between cats.
Maybe I need to look at other races with this system set up, with less hilly bits :laugh:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Problem is only letting me in C pen, there is no way I can hold any of their wheels. I'd struggle to come mid table in the D pen. So not totally sure the groupings for the Tinys is representative hence no way I'd waste my time on them as I'd end up doing a TT, having less rest than others for race 2 etc etc
I really like the idea of results based rankings but I'd assume that the current ranking would be pretty close and it would be those at the top/bottom of cats who win/lose who move between cats.
Maybe I need to look at other races with this system set up, with less hilly bits :laugh:

Some of the evening races in zRacing have much narrower categories. Might be more fun and worth a look?
https://www.zwift.com/eu/events/view/4430785
At 427 I think you'd enjoy the 375-450 pen a lot more than the one that goes up to 575
Screen Shot 2024-07-12 at 22.45.03.png

Top Bottom