Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Stage 2 Casse Pattes

Fairly pleased I managed 10th ZP It has a big hill don't you know. Managed to create a decent sprint

View: https://youtu.be/ldOl9L044-c?t=2297

I did this yesterday. Managed to hold on to the lead group to the aqueduct but lost the last wheel at the top. Found a group to draft to the climb where I went at my own pace up and over. Came 48th on the road out of 138 (43rd on ZP). I'm very much mid table C at the moment (upper D in the new groupings). I did put out a decent sprint for 48th place though :laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
You seem to have had super long sprint, got way faster top speed than I did. :eek:
Were there many others you were sprinting against?
You got a chunk of points for the race

Whorty

You seem to have had super long sprint, got way faster top speed than I did. :eek:

I was in a group of 5 of us coming to the finish. I wasn't planning to sprint, but one guy set off early so I followed. Once in the sprint I tested how long I could hold it. I didn't realise that another rider was surfing my wheel and as I relaxed he pipped me at the line. Rookie error haha

Was nice to let out a big final push given the climb. The rest on the descent certainly helped.

Does emphasise though why I don't do races with climbs :laugh:

Whorty

Just noticed I was only 14 seconds slower than you over the whole race ... seems I stupidly chose a race full of speedy Cs :eek:

Whorty

Bigger pack in yours. I had a new PB up Petit which I think was the difference in our times

The group to the aqueduct was 50 ish, and the guys at the front were pushing hard. I was only just hanging on even though it was the flat section. I sprinted up that little lump trying to stay with the group and get a free ride to the KoM, just didn't quite have the legs. But I've not raced for 6 weeks or so, so I can't be too upset.

Whorty

I'm not as fit as winter last. Just starting to come out of my asthma season. Mrs and I are going to Reading next week and will begin King Alfred's way Saturday after

Cool. I went to Reading last year, in the glamping bit obiously, no way I was camping with the teens! Should be a great weekend for you, some decent bands playing and looks like the weather is about to pick up too

alex_cycles

Veteran
Stage 2 Casse Pattes

Fairly pleased I managed 10th ZP It has a big hill don't you know. Managed to create a decent sprint

View: https://youtu.be/ldOl9L044-c?t=2297

Nice race. I caught the ZRS version yesterday morning 0910 and had to work hard. Took 20s off my Petit KoM PR though :wahhey: but still nowhere near the win.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Early on, one rider put in an attempt to drag a few others with him, I took the bait, got around 2 secs off the front. The pack wasn't having any of it, reeled us back in. I wanted to get some lead on the flatter section knowing I would be dropped on Petit. It turned out aqueduct filtered the pack down to 22 riders. I got over the top of Petit in 21, tried to catch two in front with 2 secs gap, but just couldnt quite bridge the gap. I had another guy with me, but I couldn't shake him off- until the sprint :biggrin:

I've got week of easy endurance around Wiltshire, so will be a stamina king on my return- not :laugh:

Whorty

Early on, one rider put in an attempt to drag a few others with him, I took the bait, got around 2 secs off the front. The pack wasn't having any of it, reeled us back in. I wanted to get some lead on the flatter section knowing I would be dropped on Petit. It turned out aqueduct filtered the pack down to 22 riders. I got over the top of Petit in 21, tried to catch two in front with 2 secs gap, but just couldnt quite bridge the gap. I had another guy with me, but I couldn't shake him off- until the sprint :biggrin:

I've got week of easy endurance around Wiltshire, so will be a stamina king on my return- not :laugh:

Where are you in Wilts? I'm BA14. Could meet up for a coffee if you're passing through my area

Whorty

Still got it :laugh:
9J1UjYNlbTxp7r9lXcZyQiv_ZtYFg0awHItzcxNs-2048x1152.jpg

Top Bottom