Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
ITT today, Campenaerts was brilliant today

Norry1

Legendary Member
Any of you chaps know much about Lee Valley Velopark? I'm racing there on Sunday and would like to know 1) if you can park there and 2) are there roads near where you can sensibly watmup (i.e. not like the North Circular)?

Cheers

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Any of you chaps know much about Lee Valley Velopark? I'm racing there on Sunday and would like to know 1) if you can park there and 2) are there roads near where you can sensibly watmup (i.e. not like the North Circular)?

Cheers

1000013351.jpg

https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/lee-valley/velopark/faqs

steverob

Guru
Most of the roads near the Velopark are residential - they’re housing blocks that were formerly the Olympic Village for athletes that have been turned into flats. Because of that there’s a lot of traffic calming so I wouldn’t use them for anything fast but they’re fairly quiet.

The other option are the paths of the Queen Elizabeth Park which are quite wide but these are almost always full of walkers and joggers so you’re always having swerve from side to side.

The road course itself is really good fun; I’ve visited twice, hired a bike both times and did about 90-120 minutes both times - not racing, just enjoying myself. One time I had the course virtually to myself for the majority of the time!

Last edited:

Norry1

Legendary Member
Most of the roads near the Velopark are residential - they’re housing blocks that were formerly the Olympic Village for athletes that have been turned into flats. Because of that there’s a lot of traffic calming so I wouldn’t use them for anything fast but they’re fairly quiet.

The other option are the paths of the Queen Elizabeth Park which are quite wide but these are almost always full of walkers and joggers so you’re always having swerve from side to side.

The road course itself is really good fun; I’ve visited twice, hired a bike both times and did about 90-120 minutes both times - not racing, just enjoying myself. One time I had the course virtually to myself for the majority of the time!

Thanks both. Time I learned to use rollers I guess. Maybe this winter.

Norry1

Legendary Member
I was in Surrey racing this weekend and punctured halfway round - got taken back to HQ in the Broom Wagon. Anyway, gave me a reason to try my new TPU tubes so I fitted them yesterday. Couldn't believe how much better the bike felt. Pressures feel the same this morning so, so far so good. Will report back as we go.

1720506920420.jpeg

IrishAl

** Full Time Pro **
Yep - but even that is a faff - I have a turbo bike which is skewer and 10 speed. I'd have to work out how to use it with a thru axle and change the cassette. Might sound trivial but not for a mechanical dunce like myself :wacko:

It sure is a phafff! I lugged the Neo2 and bike up into a hotel room once when I was away over night with work and mad keen not to miss a Zwift session. Got some strange looks from hotel staff and guests. Goodness knows what the neighbouring residents above, below, and each side made of the noise of whirring, heavy panting and that deathly groan one lets out after a tough sprint 😂

Top Bottom