Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
Screenshot_20240702-182728.png

Cat D looking tough

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Let himself go :biggrin:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Looks like TdF could be as dull an event as the Giro. Individual days may be good if there are breaks and good rider stories, but for the race itself, not so exciting.

mjd1988

Guru
Looks like TdF could be as dull an event as the Giro. Individual days may be good if there are breaks and good rider stories, but for the race itself, not so exciting.

Still a chance JV rides himself into top form. It's impressive looking at the riders who he beat on that climb given his injuries and he tends to peak later in GTs. Smart money still on pogacar to run away with it, especially with that team behind him(!) but I've not lost hope for a bit of drama!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I reckon Pog now knows how to crack him, at least for the next few mountain stages. Id expect Jonas to improve week two into three

Stage 11 when the mountains next arrive. Stage 20 could ultimately decide the Tour

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
YES, YES, YES

:wahhey::wahhey::wahhey::wahhey::wahhey:

:notworthy::notworthy:

Can't imagine what you're talking about.
Did England score a goal? :laugh:

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Zwift Labs Racing Score first event - for me

I entered RGV Vive la France with Alex this morning. 400-575

I was 425 before the event I think Alex was 525

What can I tell you from the experience of this morning's ride compared to a few days ago in the traditional C category. Firstly it was much harder event. my stats for both events are below

Racing Score event
AvgMax
Speed25.5 mi/h35.6 mi/h
Heart Rate160 bpm176 bpm
Cadence77112
Power249 W514 W
Calories596
Elapsed Time36:31

Traditional C cat event

AvgMax
Speed24.5 mi/h35.7 mi/h
Heart Rate152 bpm176 bpm
Cadence79110
Power245 W701 W
Calories607
Elapsed Time38:05

You can see my HR, and speed are higher. Power similar, but felt harder in certain places, I could have been quicker had I not blown up on the 'Serpentine' , then coasted into the finish.

The result, I came 32nd out 49 according to Zwift. Alex came 10th. I have checked the riders and apart from a small few exceptions all are currently B category in front of me, or significantly younger than me.

So my actual ranking and result tally with race score. I assume there will be a period of adjustment to the categories to move boundaries to adjust to something in line with what the categories are now.

Oh and I got an extra point for trying my best 426 :biggrin:

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
Zwift Labs Racing Score first event - for me

I entered RGV Vive la France with Alex this morning. 400-575

I was 425 before the event I think Alex was 525

What can I tell you from the experience of this morning's ride compared to a few days ago in the traditional C category. Firstly it was much harder event. my stats for both events are below

Racing Score event
AvgMax
Speed25.5 mi/h35.6 mi/h
Heart Rate160 bpm176 bpm
Cadence77112
Power249 W514 W
Calories596
Elapsed Time36:31

Traditional C cat event

AvgMax
Speed24.5 mi/h35.7 mi/h
Heart Rate152 bpm176 bpm
Cadence79110
Power245 W701 W
Calories607
Elapsed Time38:05

You can see my HR, and speed are higher. Power similar, but felt harder in certain places, I could have been quicker had I not blown up on the 'Serpentine' , then coasted into the finish.

The result, I came 32nd out 49 according to Zwift. Alex came 10th. I have checked the riders and apart from a small few exceptions all are currently B category in front of me, or significantly younger than me.

So my actual ranking and result tally with race score. I assume there will be a period of adjustment to the categories to move boundaries to adjust to something in line with what the categories are now.

Oh and I got an extra point for trying my best 426 :biggrin:

I was 540 before the start and gained +5 for 10th place. I should have done a bit better but threw away my aero powerup by mistake 5km from the finish trying to give ride-ons (hit the wrong damned button :laugh: )

It was damned hard work though. I didn't have much sprint left in me at the end.

A flat race like that though will always be a bit hard for me as a lighter rider. I did wonder about going for a split at Aqueduc, but the legs weren't keen on the idea and the pack was still large so all it would have done was waste energy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom