Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuhaL

Guru
Tour de France is been relatively entertaining so far. Tomorrow is a quite interesting day, is Jonas and Tadej find themselves again and start tactical game. Remco might have yellow jersey today, but who knows.

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
After a few days off after what felt like near death race last week.

Reasonable pace, so easesd myself into one of my favourite courses RGV.

Ranked 5th ZP. Duly delivered

View: https://youtu.be/jRq5o8eNtt8?si=a9AAzysD425mjcip

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Tour de France is been relatively entertaining so far. Tomorrow is a quite interesting day, is Jonas and Tadej find themselves again and start tactical game. Remco might have yellow jersey today, but who knows.

Sprint day after two very hard days for the sprint guys

steverob

Guru
Well the Strava segment for the Zwift Bologna climb starts earlier and finishes later than the IRL one, so his time is a mere 5 mins 27 secs based on that (nearest comparison - https://www.strava.com/activities/11776168297/analysis/15941/16268).

I'll conveniently ignore the fact that this was his second time up it that day (first attempt 6:23ish), plus the 180km of riding he'd already done to get to that point!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Well this looks potentiall great - https://zwiftinsider.com/racing-score-2024-launch/

They've used Tim Hanson who developed Zwiftracing.app as a consultant and it's primarily a results based ranking which most people have been calling for, for years! Different to the first, rubbish version they tried previously though.

You have to sign up to Zwift labs club to see your score and use it for joining races that use this categorisation - and some of the current Vive Le France races are using it.

I've just signed up and my score is currently 621.78. I'm going to join a race in my category soon and see how it goes...

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Had a strange experience today on Mont Vontoux ... was on the Tron bike and had riders at lower w/kg catch me, and I had to hold higher w/kg to even try to hold their wheels.

Have they changed the Tron so it's a heavier bike now?

Also 3 chinese flag riders that were suspicious. One was pushing 4+ w/kg, other 2 were 2.3-3.5 w/kg yet they were drafting the higher w/kg rider for ages ... not many riders around so I could see them on the ride behind me and after they'd over taken me.

I tried to hold the same w/kg (on 10% sections) as the 2 drafting riders and dropped me easily. Even at 3+ w/kg I couldn't hold on.

Any ideas?

bridgy

Legendary Member
Had a strange experience today on Mont Vontoux ... was on the Tron bike and had riders at lower w/kg catch me, and I had to hold higher w/kg to even try to hold their wheels.

Have they changed the Tron so it's a heavier bike now?

Also 3 chinese flag riders that were suspicious. One was pushing 4+ w/kg, other 2 were 2.3-3.5 w/kg yet they were drafting the higher w/kg rider for ages ... not many riders around so I could see them on the ride behind me and after they'd over taken me.

I tried to hold the same w/kg (on 10% sections) as the 2 drafting riders and dropped me easily. Even at 3+ w/kg I couldn't hold on.

Any ideas?

Not aware of any changes to the Tron bike but it's not a particularly fast climbing bike - not sure if bike difference alone explains what you experienced but there's plenty of bike/wheel combos that are much faster than the Tron up a long climb like Ventoux

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Well this looks potentiall great - https://zwiftinsider.com/racing-score-2024-launch/

They've used Tim Hanson who developed Zwiftracing.app as a consultant and it's primarily a results based ranking which most people have been calling for, for years! Different to the first, rubbish version they tried previously though.

You have to sign up to Zwift labs club to see your score and use it for joining races that use this categorisation - and some of the current Vive Le France races are using it.

I've just signed up and my score is currently 621.78. I'm going to join a race in my category soon and see how it goes...

I have a racing score in my Companion App profile currently 425

You're 622

Pete is 669

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I presume if trying to compare old against new ranking

725-1000. A category
575-725. B cat
400-575. C ....
225-400. D....
0-225. E.....

The new categories puts me bottom of the category.

My results though are around top 25% on the traditional ranking

Edit. Read through all of it and it's bit more involved. Signed upto Zwift Labs

Last edited:

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
Not aware of any changes to the Tron bike but it's not a particularly fast climbing bike - not sure if bike difference alone explains what you experienced but there's plenty of bike/wheel combos that are much faster than the Tron up a long climb like Ventoux

Maybe it's as simple as that. I assumed the Tron was an 'ok' bike on climbs but clearly not haha I didn't finish the climb anyway, legs just mot used to cycling at the moment, need to ride a bit more!

If anyone needs a bouncer though, I could apply :laugh: Me last week in Montenegro.

ohc=5Fha02TqdAkQ7kNvgFknULd&_nc_ht=scontent-lhr8-1.jpg

Peter Salt

Bittersweet

I have a racing score in my Companion App profile currently 425

You're 622

Pete is 669
Was about to say what Andy just wrote. I can see mine for a few days now and never signed up to anything, I think.

Top Bottom