Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I presume if trying to compare old against new ranking

725-1000. A category
575-725. B cat
400-575. C ....
225-400. D....
0-225. E.....

The new categories puts me bottom of the category.

My results though are around top 25% on the traditional ranking

Edit. Read through all of it and it's bit more involved. Signed upto Zwift Labs

ZP shows mine as 366, so I'm back in D?

Edit: just gone to a few races in ZP and gone to join page, and yes, I can join D races even on races that are cat enforced.
Why are they still messing with the cats, I thought they only recently changed them?

Last edited:

mjd1988

Guru
ZP shows mine as 366, so I'm back in D?

Edit: just gone to a few races in ZP and gone to join page, and yes, I can join D races even on races that are cat enforced.
Why are they still messing with the cats, I thought they only recently changed them?

The last change just seemed to suck people out of A and make every group below stronger with the same issues with sandbagging, so big move to a results based system that can't be gamed as much? Probably worth a shot tbf, don't think they'll ever get it perfect

Whorty

The last change just seemed to suck people out of A and make every group below stronger with the same issues with sandbagging, so big move to a results based system that can't be gamed as much? Probably worth a shot tbf, don't think they'll ever get it perfect

Ah, so this is now results based? Hadn't realised that ... much better way to do it :cheers:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Was about to say what Andy just wrote. I can see mine for a few days now and never signed up to anything, I think.

Ah OK - maybe you just have to join that club in order to be able to join the events that use this new categorisation. I was going to do one last night but was too tired so didn't in the end

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Ah OK - maybe you just have to join that club in order to be able to join the events that use this new categorisation. I was going to do one last night but was too tired so didn't in the end

Yes, a new tiny tab appears in the filter section, select it for unseen races

1000013215.jpg

Whorty

My rating is 303, but I'm guessing that is my base level from my power figures, as I haven't done what Zwift would call a Race since early April and a TT since mid-May, so the chance of getting any racing points on top of that number are very slim indeed.

Same. I don't think I'm a D, although having not raced recently I may well be but I think a few races and I'd hope to be promoted (a much more positive word than upgraded).

Busy now until next week, but may try a race next week to see what happens.

bridgy

Legendary Member
As I understand it, currently everyone's ZRS score is currently based on whatever power numbers they use for setting a base score, and during this initial test phase will only be affected if you participate in the special Zwift lab races that catogorise by ZRS.

alex_cycles

Veteran
As I understand it, currently everyone's ZRS score is currently based on whatever power numbers they use for setting a base score, and during this initial test phase will only be affected if you participate in the special Zwift lab races that catogorise by ZRS.

They're using 30s and 10 minute (normalised for weight). But they're a starting point. Results will move them. It will take several weeks for it to start to look decent (It's what happened with ZwiftRacing.app, which is now a very good predictor of how races will pan out).

I'll be trying a ZRS race soon. I almost got catted up today in vELO to Sapphire (I'm literally 0.21 vELO points below Sapphire). In today's DRS SoC I did a 7.5w/kg minute but that was mostly based on a 47.7s effort on Breakaway Brae @ 8.3 :eek: going for FTS.

Top Bottom