Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alex_cycles

Veteran
I've not seen anyone yet hit my 94kph down the Grade. I think I could get 100kph with a sprint into the descent

I didn't ramp up for that one. I often do for long descents. I expect it's doable with a nice sprinty start. I was looking at my screen and wondering why it threw me out of supertuck twice. (I think it's a zwift-kickr bug). We got 4s on the third guy in our group on that descent. Then he had to work hard to get back on at the bottom. I expect that cost him at least 0.11s at the end (which was enough :tongue:)

mjd1988

Guru
I saw Michael @mjd1988 in a race this morning. It was the latest Z racing. I managed to stay with the Bs up the first two climbs and got dropped at the start of the third. Michael stayed with that group and ended up beating me by a minute well done.👏

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/_OdQUatO1-U?si=sRyf89FJ5VefqsoG&t=218

It's quite a good course isn't it, enjoy the jungle alot more since they changed the rolling resistance - I got dropped as well towards the end of the climb, just didn't have it in me to stay with the big guns, but attacked smaller group on descent and caught a lone rider who I really annoyed hanging on their wheel. They had the last laugh though as I got outsprinted for the line

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
It's quite a good course isn't it, enjoy the jungle alot more since they changed the rolling resistance - I got dropped as well towards the end of the climb, just didn't have it in me to stay with the big guns, but attacked smaller group on descent and caught a lone rider who I really annoyed hanging on their wheel. They had the last laugh though as I got outsprinted for the line

:ohmy:

bridgy

Legendary Member
Did a race yesterday and the guy who ultimately won B-Cat rode the entire race doing that "sawtooth" on/off power thing. Never seen anyone race doing that constantly throughout a race! Horrible to race against because draft-wise he's either shooting off in front of you at 700w or dropping back behind you at 0w. Worked for him though :rolleyes:

Had to have a look at his power & cadence graph post-race just for a laugh so here it is in all its glory .....

cheat power graph.jpg

Here's mine for a comparison :laugh:

my power graph.jpg

P.S Just noticed in his data stats - he spent nearly 14 minutes of the 38 minute race at 0w - vs 44 seconds for me ^_^

steverob

Guru
I was looking at my screen and wondering why it threw me out of supertuck twice. (I think it's a zwift-kickr bug).
It's because Zwift now only allows the person at the very front of a group to be in the supertuck position and for those brief moments, it thought you were still in the draft of the rider in front of you (even though he was off to the side) so it took you out of the tuck. If you look at your draft numbers on Sauce, they do go up at those exact moments, so it does tally.

Peter Salt

Bittersweet
Did a race yesterday and the guy who ultimately won B-Cat rode the entire race doing that "sawtooth" on/off power thing. Never seen anyone race doing that constantly throughout a race! Horrible to race against because draft-wise he's either shooting off in front of you at 700w or dropping back behind you at 0w. Worked for him though :rolleyes:

Had to have a look at his power & cadence graph post-race just for a laugh so here it is in all its glory .....

View attachment 735706

View attachment 735707
P.S Just noticed in his data stats - he spent nearly 14 minutes of the 38 minute race at 0w - vs 44 seconds for me ^_^
My bet would be malfunctioning turbo rather than the person doing it constantly.

bridgy

Legendary Member
My bet would be malfunctioning turbo rather than the person doing it constantly.

No way! 100% deliberate

alex_cycles

Veteran
It's because Zwift now only allows the person at the very front of a group to be in the supertuck position and for those brief moments, it thought you were still in the draft of the rider in front of you (even though he was off to the side) so it took you out of the tuck. If you look at your draft numbers on Sauce, they do go up at those exact moments, so it does tally.

Ah yes. The second time that's exactly what happened. The first time I had some phantom Watts from the Kickr when my legs were still. That started appearing some time in April occasionally on super-tucks. There hasn't been a Kickr 5 firmware update since the 2022 Direct Connect Race mode update though, so it must be either a trainer fault or an issue at the Zwift end.

View: https://www.youtube.com/live/_OdQUatO1-U?si=-Edp3nTCsftt3Ln7&t=1884

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru

View attachment 735706

View attachment 735707

I know it doesn't seem to come to anything, but did you report this rider? I seem to remember one of the big race events, they said they would DQ any rider found to be saw-toothing. Zwift has a report rider on their app. I've done it couple of times for riders who are using some sort of fixed power output or have faulty turbo which allows rider to hit maximum limit.

This was my event 3 weeks ago rider off the front, fixed 400W goading the others. I and other reported him

View: https://youtu.be/GZVOttb8Uq4?t=553

The guy was Edoardo ED. This race event was removed from his results, he did a few more events after, winning by several minutes over everyone else.

Since then, he has done no events for more than 30 days- presumably banned or left Zwift due to complaints

Here is a screenshot of an event, where his power just sat at 400W for most of the event, then later varied
1000013138.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom