Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjd1988

Guru
I think some of the guys are genuine wattmonsters and are just strong As who are miscategorised because of the vagaries of the system… but there’s no question that Swanny is just an average Joe on a miscalibrated trainer!

Oh sorry yes agreed! Definitely some, hopefully most, are legitimate

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Any video ZRL?

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Wow that looked brutal, even though Paul was putting out excellent power numbers up the LS, he was dropped like a sack of spuds. As usual though he clawed his way back into lead group. There was a massive slow down before the mountain climb- expected with the heat I guess.

Bloody good result 👏

1000013101.jpg

mjd1988

Guru
The expansion of the B field has been huge to be fair it does allow for some pretty huge hitters to remain in it, although sometimes things don't compute, even heart rates etc. we had a good series with the 6 or 7 of us that races and that's the main thing!

bridgy

Legendary Member
Wow that looked brutal, even though Paul was putting out excellent power numbers up the LS, he was dropped like a sack of spuds. As usual though he clawed his way back into lead group. There was a massive slow down before the mountain climb- expected with the heat I guess.

Bloody good result 👏

View attachment 735570

I was dying up the second half of that final climb! I took an opportunity to build a 30 second gap on the main group before the climb but couldn't hold it. I was starting to cramp so had to just spin as best I could because if I tried to stand my quads said a big "NOPE"! Great team effort though on a brutal course

bridgy

Legendary Member

View: https://youtube.com/live/c6Kw_rnQZkU?si=lt-c8MkiMerFArUF

This poor guy is v strong but seems to miss the sprint after the legsnapper and the front group forever. Then bram drops back and takes every prime from him and his team

HCT had two separate teams in our league but raced tactically together (and on the same Discord chat). In the earlier races they even all had the same kit and just "HCT" in their name so it was very hard to differentiate the two teams. They were told by race control to have ne of their teams change kit for that final race (which they didn't seem too happy about!).

Going into this final race they had 1 team (Auxiliaries) top of the league by just 1 point, and the other (Comets) 2 points above us in 3rd place. So were racing to cement 1st & 3rd overall.

As you can see from the video they raced tactically as one team again, with Comet riders pulling on the front for Aux riders and deciding their finishing order at the end.

I guess there's no rules against doing that but I've not really seen it before in ZRL and I'm not sure I like it! It seems that just by the luck of your club having two teams in the same league you can use that to your advantage and use riders as domestiques or maximise finishing points for a particular team, which seems a little unfair - or a t least not in the spirit of things.

Anyway, as it turned out, despite their tactics the Auxiliaries dropped to 2nd and the Comets dropped behind us to 4th so it didn't work anyway!

mjd1988

Guru
I was dying up the second half of that final climb! I took an opportunity to build a 30 second gap on the main group before the climb but couldn't hold it. I was starting to cramp so had to just spin as best I could because if I tried to stand my quads said a big "NOPE"! Great team effort though on a brutal course
I'm sure my garage wasn't the warmest, it was 17 degrees which was roasting for me but I know London was 10 degrees higher, but I really felt it on that climb! Id gone for pretty much all 6 segments before it so knew I'd suffer but I basically stopped for a while before recovering later on. I actually should have done a bike change on reflection...

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I had terrible night sleep last broken with hayfever and waiting for daughter to arrive home from Prom. Got to bed at 3.30am

Wasn't feeling great, convinced myself I'd feel better once got going.

The Chop around Scotlands Loop.

Long time since I had to slump over handlebars for 5 mins after event

Dropped from lead group just as Bs came through. Glad to be honest

View: https://youtu.be/223wtIv8_g8?si=h7o-qd9CI0BiwGyZ

Last edited:

alex_cycles

Veteran
I watched your event, the two climbs make it a tough event. You did well to hold onto and beat those riders who caught you. :okay:

They were working well together on the third climb (second part of second climb, really), so it would have been rude not to get a bit of parasitic draft off them. Each time they edged ahead I figured it was worth burning matches to stay on. Then we had a lovely rest supertucking on the descent and a flat finish.

Last edited:
Top Bottom