Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
After my weekend of over indulgence at Ascot - my penance was stage 4 Sea Breeze on the new Mayan San Remo course. Down through the jungle onto a new draft able 4min climb section. This is where I was dropped from the lead group. Return is down the 'Grade' and flat finish. My target after being dropped were two rider 13s and 23s in front as I began the descent down the Grade

Got them (pesky lightweights) :biggrin:

17th Zwift 8th ZP a few B cats and un-registered racers. HRM packed up half way, but survived being DQ'd

Here is a recon video for anyone

View: https://youtu.be/lk5cCQSrR9U?si=Lpz2kw0rHaw5vdYf

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
Somehow my laptop Bluetooth wasn’t working properly this morning so I went out for a short run instead…

Just about got it sorted this evening - it involved uninstalling the drivers which were then reluctant to reinstall themselves, so I was a little bit concerned that I might have borked my PC for a while 😓

alex_cycles

Veteran
Might need some of these climbs, me and the Mrs are planning on doing the King Alfreds way

How many days are you going to do it over? I've got a mate who did it in two and said it would be a lot better in 3 or 4.
Another club mate I think did it two weekends ago and got VERY wet :laugh:
I'd love to do it - particularly since it starts in Winchester where I lived from age 2-19.

steverob

Guru
I think a couple of us on here entered the (unofficial) Fantasy Tour De France CycleChat league last year, so I'll post the link to this year's version in case anyone is interested in signing up: https://www.velogames.com/velogame/2024/leaguescores.php?league=546123713

And a quick reminder that spoiler tags would be very much appreciated by those of us who don't get to watch the ITV4 highlights show until after we get home at 8pm of a weeknight!

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
How many days are you going to do it over? I've got a mate who did it in two and said it would be a lot better in 3 or 4.
I'd love to do it - particularly since it starts in Winchester where I lived from age 2-19.
We've got a trip a day or so before locally and thought it would be a good chance worth taking

We are taking 5 days, which is very leisurely on Ebikes. Visiting some places around the route too. Staying in guest houses and pubs with accommodation. It's a trial for maybe doing the Rhine valley route next year.

Hopefully weather will be ok

bridgy

Legendary Member

I did it in 3 days with a friend in May this year. Very weather/conditions dependant as to how hard it is to do in 3 days or less - it was still very wet in many places when we did it (and rained most of the first day) and in those conditions you just cannot go fast. However strong a rider you are - and there's lots stronger than me obviously - I think there's a limit to what you can do in thick wet mud and it really slows you down.

As it was, 3 days was perfectly doable - but hard! And long days in the saddle with not much time for stopping or looking around if you wanted to get to the ccommodation at a reasonable hour. Had it been bone dry, it would have been much quicker and easier though. I think 4 days would have made it a little bit more chilled out - more time for pub stops!

We did also do it on full sus mtbs and gravel bike would be quicker over many sections - but again, in those wet conditions there were many sections I really wouldn't have wanted to be on a gravel bike.

Some sections VERY hilly too - you'll be grateful for the e-bikes in places @CXRAndy !

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Some sections VERY hilly too - you'll be grateful for the e-bikes in places @CXRAndy !

The wife wouldn't be able to get up the hills without an ebike. At the end of of our Peak district ride, she was knackered and facing a long last climb, worried of losing power with a few percent left, I convinced just to wack it on full assist and spin away. She was overjoyed getting to the crest. No problems this time, I've got her a spare battery, so she can have plenty assistance as the day rolls on.

And it would be rude not to go on my ebike just for, erm support :biggrin:

mjd1988

Guru
Wee shout out to the splitters team who came 3rd in the league following a strong 2nd place finish in round 5.

A fine showing considering some of the 800 watt one minute powers out there that we have obsessively found on social media and found to be bullshit

Legs

usually riding on Zwift...
A fine showing considering some of the 800 watt one minute powers out there that we have obsessively found on social media and found to be bullshit
I think some of the guys are genuine wattmonsters and are just strong As who are miscategorised because of the vagaries of the system… but there’s no question that Swanny is just an average Joe on a miscalibrated trainer!

Top Bottom