Zwift Chat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
They're are bringing out a new updated HUD on Zwift. Id expect to see it in the autumn or just before it gets busy again for winter

I like the large profile and sprint segments on Sauce, I plan my races a little better when I know what coming ahead.

A combination of Sauce and Zwift would be nice

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
I gave IndieVelo a try yesterday evening after reading your post. It also said 5200 riders but to be honest there didn't seem many around where I was riding! Nowhere near the numbers on Zwift, even at this time of year.

Graphics were a bit rubbish I thought - but do agree there was more useful info on the HUD and the drafting indicator was also useful (things we've been criticising Zwift for since for ever!)

Other than it currently being free, I can't see any reason to go from Zwift to that, although I'd happily try out a race on there - I like the idea of Alex's elimination race! Would still love Zwift to make some of the basic improvements with the HUD and other features for racing though

I'm kind of 'meh' when it comes to graphics as I'm usually only looking at the wheel of the bike I'm drafting behind :laugh: Never been a gamer so I can't tell good from bad graphics tbh
I stayed on the flat route and saw a few pacer groups. I joined one in the end too for 30 - very Zwift like again (I'm sure they 'borrowed' the concept from Zwift). Even on the flat routes where it was busy, you're right, didn't feel like 5200 riders.
I've joined their FB page to see what's being talked about, and it would seem quite a few people set up their own races (unlike with Zwift, anyone can do this - just like the BKool days). These races can be made public or private, and they can include as many bots as you like. This could well account for the high 'rider' numbers if, as Al says, they are counting bots in the 5200 number.
The draft % was nice to see on the HUD. Would be so nice for Zwift to add that. Something we had again in BKool 7 years ago.
Could be my imagination, but it felt to me that the resistance changed when I went into the draft, again as BKool used to be. I liked that and always thought it was a flaw in Zwift's engine and why packs go so much faster (as riders can't tell they are in the draft and continue to push harder than needed giving the washing machine effect).
Whilst it's free, and my Zwift subs go to Jan 25, I'll give it some more rides as it costs me nothing really. Removes staleness.

Whorty

Gets free watts from the Atom ;)
They're are bringing out a new updated HUD on Zwift. Id expect to see it in the autumn or just before it gets busy again for winter

I like the large profile and sprint segments on Sauce, I plan my races a little better when I know what coming ahead.

A combination of Sauce and Zwift would be nice

The HUD update that was released recently still didn't have anything on there for drafting which after all this time is poor.
I like the stuff on sauce, but too much hassle (for me) to set up. It really should be standard stuff on Zwift itself. Ave watts etc are also really useful.
That was a limitation yesterday on IV, couldn't tell what was coming next. Maybe I missed it on the HUD but I couldn't see the upcoming gradient indicator. The HUD is configurable though, so maybe I need to turn it on (or I turned it off accidentally lol).

Anyone tried MyWhoosh? How does that compare?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
The HUD update that was released recently still didn't have anything on there for drafting which after all this time is poor.
I like the stuff on sauce, but too much hassle (for me) to set up. It really should be standard stuff on Zwift itself. Ave watts etc are also really useful.
That was a limitation yesterday on IV, couldn't tell what was coming next. Maybe I missed it on the HUD but I couldn't see the upcoming gradient indicator. The HUD is configurable though, so maybe I need to turn it on (or I turned it off accidentally lol).

Anyone tried MyWhoosh? How does that compare?

You have the profile at the bottom in iV (same as in RGT, just "lower"), but not like on BKOOL, where the actual upcoming percentage is shown. But then again, on BKOOL, that percentage could be 5 meter at that elevation and then it would change again, and you wouldn't know before you hit it. So only real useful back in the "dead stop" days.

George Gilbert, who makes iV, used to work at Zwift, so no question where he gets his inspiration from. Sometimes it feels like he goes through all the wishes from users, race organizers etc. over the years in the Zwift forums, and then just implements them in iV within a week or two. Graphics is not a priority yet, and I think he would have to hire a graphics artist. With primarily free users at the moment, I don't see that happening zoon, unless he starts charging! 🙃

I have ridden 800km+ on MW, and it is a different (but pretty!) experience. The immersiveness is less than iV and Zwift, as the camera movement is more stationary, like riding on a track/rail, even though you can change "lane" using the keyboard. Drafting is also different than the other platforms, but they are working on it! But what is the best/correct draft is always up for discussion!
Big update (3.7.0) with 3 new worlds and a slew of updates/fixes/optimizations coming next week!

Funny how people on their Facebook page expects EVERYTHING that Zwift has, has to be available in the free MW now. It took Zwift 10 years to get here, and MW is less than 4 years old. A lot of moaning from Apple TV and office PC users, that the system requirements were too high, cause the 2014 game that Zwift is, run fine on their obsolete hardware. They have since released an ATV version and PC "Go" version that works OK on office PC from the last 6-7 years. Still some complain, why it isn't working on their 2015 ATV non-4K. Get a ATV 4K 2nd gen., and you should be fine. Some have the 1st gen (2017) working, some not. A secondhand 2nd gen. can be had for like £50 I guess - (2 1/2 months of Zwift :whistle:)? EDIT: Seems a bit more expensive, more like £80-90 - then I would rather buy the 3rd gen new!

The problem for MW is the same as iV and all other platforms, the lack of concurrent users. The more we repeat that, less people jump on them, so it is self-reinforcing, which is a shame! Although Zwift have helped it somewhat by their price hike!! :smile:

Last edited:
OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
I did an event London 8'over Boxhill and back into London. I was dropped from the multi category lead group, then had nothing for Boxhill dropping about 15 places. I managed to hang onto a rider on the top of Boxhill, recovered and accelerated away from him and another on the descent. My downhill pace allowed me to catch upto a group in front, where I caught them on the escalator. I gapped almost all of them except two riders. One got away the other I beat in a feeble sprint.

Having a few days off now feel knackered

View: https://youtu.be/GZVOttb8Uq4

Last edited:
You have the profile at the bottom in iV (same as in RGT, just "lower"), but not like on BKOOL, where the actual upcoming percentage is shown. But then again, on BKOOL, that percentage could be 5 meter at that elevation and then it would change again, and you wouldn't know before you hit it. So only real useful back in the "dead stop" days.

George Gilbert, who makes iV, used to work at Zwift, so no question where he gets his inspiration from. Sometimes it feels like he goes through all the wishes from users, race organizers etc. over the years in the Zwift forums, and then just implements them in iV within a week or two. Graphics is not a priority yet, and I think he would have to hire a graphics artist. With primarily free users at the moment, I don't see that happening zoon, unless he starts charging! 🙃

I have ridden 800km+ on MW, and it is a different (but pretty!) experience. The immersiveness is less than iV and Zwift, as the camera movement is more stationary, like riding on a track/rail, even though you can change "lane" using the keyboard. Drafting is also different than the other platforms, but they are working on it! But what is the best/correct draft is always up for discussion!
Big update (3.7.0) with 3 new worlds and a slew of updates/fixes/optimizations coming next week!

Funny how people on their Facebook page expects EVERYTHING that Zwift has, has to be available in the free MW now. It took Zwift 10 years to get here, and MW is less than 4 years old. A lot of moaning from Apple TV and office PC users, that the system requirements were too high, cause the 2014 game that Zwift is, run fine on their obsolete hardware. They have since released an ATV version and PC "Go" version that works OK on office PC from the last 6-7 years. Still some complain, why it isn't working on their 2015 ATV non-4K. Get a ATV 4K 2nd gen., and you should be fine. Some have the 1st gen (2017) working, some not. A secondhand 2nd gen. can be had for like £50 I guess - (2 1/2 months of Zwift :whistle:)? EDIT: Seems a bit more expensive, more like £80-90 - then I would rather buy the 3rd gen new!

The problem for MW is the same as iV and all other platforms, the lack of concurrent users. The more we repeat that, less people jump on them, so it is self-reinforcing, which is a shame! Although Zwift have helped it somewhat by their price hike!! :smile:

How are you doing? Healing?

Brusgaard

Über Guru
How are you doing? Healing?

Sort of, yes. :okay: On the bike again as you can see on Strava, but still WFH, but now also using my right hand to type. Mouse is still in the left hand as you actually use the collarbone area a lot when using the mouse. Most of the "other" pain is gone, once I get going, so mostly the collarbone issue left. Luckily no pain when cycling (except getting on and off), but the form is of course down and my heartrate is way too high for mostly zone 2-3 riding, compared to before.

Trying to get a doctor's appointment, to have them feel the area and give me some pointers as to what I can/must/shouldn't do with the shoulder/arm, to have it heal in the best way possible. Maybe also try to sneak in a new x-ray if possible. ^_^

OP
OP
CXRAndy

CXRAndy

Guru
Back at it

Sea Breeze stage 2 Island Hopper

Why do I do these after doing legs in the gym :wacko:

Knew I would struggle with a long climb in the middle, pack broke up on the first corkscrew ramp which I was able to go with lead pack. Dropped on main climb, gathered up by group two, where I stayed until come the sprint for top 10 place

Video starts where it gets going with around 1k to go

View: https://youtu.be/oCY_0-fenhI?t=1682

Timed it well, good job legs weren't in a fit state to sprint

8th ZP

Top Bottom